The Official A/AA Thread

teece31

Next years 4x8 A-AA competition should be one of the fastest its been in years. Station Camp keeps its three juniors which consist of the pr's of 2:01, 2:02, and 2:00, and pulls forward one junior soon to be senior that has run a 2:06 in one of the only three times he has ever ran the 800, and has run a 2:08 his sophomore year in practice clothes on a concrete track. And then even though one of their runners really upset me off earlier you have to give some credit to cak a 3rd place finish with two freshmen, and two sophomores is pretty sick as well. Then as always DL and FRA always manage to pull out a good competing if not winning time. I'de say next year exspect 1st in sub 8:10 possibly sub 8:05 or even maybe sub 8:00, 2nd place to be sub 8:10 3 through 4 in sub 8:15. Thats gonna be hauling next year, and one of the fastest average times a/aa has seen in several years. Good Luck 4x8 runners

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coniglio, was that you who finally broke in the mile?

i had to head to the chicken pin (practice field) right after i saw that. That race was going to be boring as balls if someone didnt break. The first 200 was like a 42. Thats like 6:20 pace.

if it was you, thanks for making it interesting.

Yeah we took that from 5 minute pace (75) down to 4:08 (62) in a hurry. My mistake to break that hard though. I was so fired up after that horrible lap. Shoulda gone 68, 67, then like 64 but oh well. Live and learn.

And yes next year the 4x8 should be something special to watch.

with ryan johnson out of the picture

will mhaney take the triple?

i dont think so

absolutely i mean unless some un forseen force shows up and beats him

i think for anyone to beat mahaney in the two mile next year they'd have to run sub 9:10

the mile sub 4:12 the 800 sub 1:56

and that will be extremely hard

however i would love to see someone try so if there are any takers let me know

I really don't see anyone in A/AA running a 1:56 in the 800 next year. The last time we saw anything under that in A/AA was GJ, and before that it was before 2002. I just don't see Mahaney dropping 4 seconds, and it's not like he had no competition this year to push him. It's extremely hard to do that triple as we said earlier, and I just don't see anyone out there with Bumbi-like talent to do it.

i dont really think station camp would have beat Fra's team last year. we had Kyle Patterson running anchor and running a 2:03 just to win. the also can be said about SC's team this year; in any case it would be a great battle.

Agreed. He ran a 1:58 later that day. You give him fresh on that 4x8 and going all out, he goes 1:57, dropping their time from 8:14 to anywhere around 8:08 or 8:09.

Agreed. He ran a 1:58 later that day. You give him fresh on that 4x8 and going all out, he goes 1:57, dropping their time from 8:14 to anywhere around 8:08 or 8:09.

but you also have to remember the 2nd and 3rd legs of sc were not even contested so they could bring thier total time down 3-4 seconds making it an even race, but these are just what ifs. so does fra's anchor still run??

but you also have to remember the 2nd and 3rd legs of sc were not even contested so they could bring thier total time down 3-4 seconds making it an even race, but these are just what ifs. so does fra's anchor still run??

nope he is retired as is the rest of the FRA 4x800 now