The Official A/AA Thread

teece31

I really don't see anyone in A/AA running a 1:56 in the 800 next year. The last time we saw anything under that in A/AA was GJ, and before that it was before 2002. I just don't see Mahaney dropping 4 seconds, and it's not like he had no competition this year to push him. It's extremely hard to do that triple as we said earlier, and I just don't see anyone out there with Bumbi-like talent to do it.

1:56 isn't that fast for an 800, i mean yes it's very good don't get me wrong, but mahaney did a 2:00.00 after a 4:27 mile at sectionals, and ran the 800 after the 32, and 16 at state and still ran 2:00.9 coming through in 62 the first lap, so i would hope that mahaney could run sub 2 which wouldn't be a 4 second jump for him next year. and bumbi like talent was 9:32, 4:05, and then 1:53 at state, so to be able to triple in a/aa doesn't take bumbi like talent

I honestly think Cole could beat Mahaney in one of those events.

you also said mahaney wouldn't win the mile at state too

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1:56 isn't that fast for an 800, i mean yes it's very good don't get me wrong, but mahaney did a 2:00.00 after a 4:27 mile at sectionals, and ran the 800 after the 32, and 16 at state and still ran 2:00.9 coming through in 62 the first lap, so i would hope that mahaney could run sub 2 which wouldn't be a 4 second jump for him next year. and bumbi like talent was 9:32, 4:05, and then 1:53 at state, so to be able to triple in a/aa doesn't take bumbi like talent

you also said mahaney wouldn't win the mile at state too

You people that don't think MaHOWNey can do it, don't know what you are talkin about. As for his having competition next year he will have all he needs. Like most elite athletes his biggest competitive factor lies somewhere under that mop on top of his cranium. I will make first prediction...............................

MaHOWNey wins the tri-fecta next year at state, and the Tennessean still won't cover it!!!!!!