The Official A/AA Thread

teece31

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

My daughter joined the Chattanooga Christian School track team this year and so I have been watching some of their practices when possible. One thing I have enjoyed watching is the distance runners. They really are fun to watch (more enjoyable than my daughters' sprinting practice!).

Today I watched them run a 14x400m workout. A senior of ours, Will Musto, just looked like a machine out there. I mean, he was rolling them off one after another all at the same pace like they were nothing at all. I talked to him about his workout afterwards and he told me his splits. I wrote them down (I'm an engineer--I write everything down!):

81, 79, 79, 79, 81, 80, 80, 80, 79, 80, 79, 79, 81, 80

I was pretty impressed by that.

Matt Coniglio, I've heard a lot of good things about him in the past, but he really looked to be struggling out there today. He couldn't even stick with the team's top girl, Jessica Duble, without effort. Out of curiosity, I timed one of their repetitions at 1:35. I talked to Matt after practice as well, and he told me that he's recovering from a half marathon that he ran a few weeks ago and is probably going to take most if not all of track season to re-build his base. He said today's run was really his first back after the race and that he thought he'd be able to stick with Jessica pretty easily.

Other than that, I watched several guys practice their pole-vault approach and the sprinters run continuous 4x200s so that they could work on their baton hand-offs. Like I said, my favorite part of the practice was watching the distance runners roll off those 400 meter runs like nothing at all!

Hello All,

My daughter joined the Chattanooga Christian School track team this year and so I have been watching some of their practices when possible. One thing I have enjoyed watching is the distance runners. They really are fun to watch (more enjoyable than my daughters' sprinting practice!).

Today I watched them run a 14x400m workout. A senior of ours, Will Musto, just looked like a machine out there. I mean, he was rolling them off one after another all at the same pace like they were nothing at all. I talked to him about his workout afterwards and he told me his splits. I wrote them down (I'm an engineer--I write everything down!):

81, 79, 79, 79, 81, 80, 80, 80, 79, 80, 79, 79, 81, 80

I was pretty impressed by that.

Matt Coniglio, I've heard a lot of good things about him in the past, but he really looked to be struggling out there today. He couldn't even stick with the team's top girl, Jessica Duble, without effort. Out of curiosity, I timed one of their repetitions at 1:35. I talked to Matt after practice as well, and he told me that he's recovering from a half marathon that he ran a few weeks ago and is probably going to take most if not all of track season to re-build his base. He said today's run was really his first back after the race and that he thought he'd be able to stick with Jessica pretty easily.

Other than that, I watched several guys practice their pole-vault approach and the sprinters run continuous 4x200s so that they could work on their baton hand-offs. Like I said, my favorite part of the practice was watching the distance runners roll off those 400 meter runs like nothing at all!

And what was the time for this half marathon?

EDIT:nevermind google is amazing

3 Matt Coniglio 17 19 17 1:20:25 6:09 HIXSON TN

And what was the time for this half marathon?

EDIT:nevermind google is amazing

3 Matt Coniglio 17 19 17 1:20:25 6:09 HIXSON TN

Hey that's Mark Cole.

Note to aspiring half'ers. Don't run Birmingham. Unless you like 5 straight uphill miles. It's a pain to run. I did get the pleasure of rabbiting the Kenyans out in 15:45 though. That was probably the best part.

Hey that's Mark Cole.

Note to aspiring half'ers. Don't run Birmingham. Unless you like 5 straight uphill miles. It's a pain to run. I did get the pleasure of rabbiting the Kenyans out in 15:45 though. That was probably the best part.

Coniglio you should know that St. Jude in Memphis is where its at. You have four weeks after cross country so you have time to recover a little from the season and its a pretty great course I've ran it two years straight you should try to make it over here in the flat lands and run it next year

Coniglio you should know that St. Jude in Memphis is where its at. You have four weeks after cross country so you have time to recover a little from the season and its a pretty great course I've ran it two years straight you should try to make it over here in the flat lands and run it next year

You lucky duck.

Don't do it, Matt! Forego the trip to Memphis and come down to my house for a fast, flat ten miler that is less money to enter and closer to your house!

Alex Bransford is racing the ten miler. So he obviously sees the light.

Don't do it, Matt! Forego the trip to Memphis and come down to my house for a fast, flat ten miler that is less money to enter and closer to your house!

Alex Bransford is racing the ten miler. So he obviously sees the light.

But if Forrest Walker can break 4 hours in the full shouldn't I be able to break 59:37 in the half?

(just kidding Walker)