The Official A/AA Thread

teece31

Apparently someone who is interested in divulging every little detail there is to know about the happenings at the FRA track program... frankly I just think he's being an idiot

haha shut up do you really think it matters? if you want ill put up the times of every workout we do this year.. hows that? I dont care what people know only thing that matters in a race is the fastest time wins.. who cares about anything else

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha shut up do you really think it matters? if you want ill put up the times of every workout we do this year.. hows that? I dont care what people know only thing that matters in a race is the fastest time wins.. who cares about anything else

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yes, it matters what happens in workouts. Keep it close to the best.

According to the TSSAA website, USJC has entered a Track schedule. This should shake up the east considerably in terms of distance. I thought Coniglio could easily cruise back to state this year, but it looks like he will have some stiff competition. However, the best I remember a lot USJC's CC runners play soccer, so that may change things a little.

Best of luck to all this season. Even the middle section. I hope your heads don't explode from ego-tripping on this board.

It is true that UHJC has track teams. The coach has attended our conference meeting.

Coach b. Unicoi Co.

Sorry that should be USJC. We just know them as University High at East Tennessee State University. Please...no disrespect was intended. We are very happy to have them back in our small A-AA conference. they will make us better as a conference.

Coach b.

Don't sweat it, I doubt anybody would have taken offense.

Here is why you should not: If I am Team X and I want to upset Team Y, and I know from looking at workout times that my 1600 runners would not stand a chance in the 1600 against Team Ys, but I know that they would stand a fighting chance in the 3200 or the 800 depending on the times I got from team Ys workouts, I can place those runners in different events where they would score more points and thus have an opportunity to knock off team Y. Also, it is material for your individual opponents to study. For example is John Doe is running against Bob Jones and Bob knows that John tends to have an exceptionally strong 3rd 200 on an 800 run, but a weak second and fourth, I know that I want to run the race in the following way: I want to hang with John through the first 200, accelerate through the second and pass him, then when he comes back with the strong 3rd 200 I would weather the storm and than be able to outkick him in the final 200. So this will only hurt YOU as well as YOUR TEAM if you post these workout times. Don't.

Here is why you should not: If I am Team X and I want to upset Team Y, and I know from looking at workout times that my 1600 runners would not stand a chance in the 1600 against Team Ys, but I know that they would stand a fighting chance in the 3200 or the 800 depending on the times I got from team Ys workouts, I can place those runners in different events where they would score more points and thus have an opportunity to knock off team Y. Also, it is material for your individual opponents to study. For example is John Doe is running against Bob Jones and Bob knows that John tends to have an exceptionally strong 3rd 200 on an 800 run, but a weak second and fourth, I know that I want to run the race in the following way: I want to hang with John through the first 200, accelerate through the second and pass him, then when he comes back with the strong 3rd 200 I would weather the storm and than be able to outkick him in the final 200. So this will only hurt YOU as well as YOUR TEAM if you post these workout times. Don't.

Very good point, but if they run later in the year you can get the same information from results. I personally would side on not telling everything. It is fine to post a really good workout from time to time, if you post all of them then it looks like you are bragging or bashing. If you really want to keep up with and post your workouts, I would suggest a log and make it public. Then those that want to read it can. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you out at a meet some where this year.

Coach P.