Obion Central Football Coach?

littleRebels

You must not know much about coaching. Coach Rogers won at a place that didn't have a lot of talent. He has a tremendous amount of knowledge and wisdom about being a head coach. Plus, he just got out last year and it is still on fresh on his mind. From what I hear, the new A.D. doesn't have a expertise except promising things and not coming through. Enough about him, Coach Rogers needs to be in the decision process!!!!

If you say so dude.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think Gurshick is in the running although he is the interim HC. Everyone seems agree Kendal and Decker are in it. I've heard from a pretty decent source that Hill has been interviewed and several "rumors" say he wants a contract for at least the number of years for his kids to spend the rest of there time in one system.

I do not think Gurshick is in the running although he is the interim HC. Everyone seems agree Kendal and Decker are in it. I've heard from a pretty decent source that Hill has been interviewed and several "rumors" say he wants a contract for at least the number of years for his kids to spend the rest of there time in one system.

I had heard that also.....I heard he(Hill) interviewed last weekend...I also was told by a pretty good source that Hill thought he had made a mistake by leaving OC shortly after he took the job at his alma mater....I also heard that he had applied for the Union City job when it became open...I'm not positive about that one but it was rumored....

Something needs to be done though so some sort of Spring Practice can be held....

Actually, coach hill is set up very well where he is at. From what I hear, he has been contacted by OC, who wants him to coach. As a player who has played under coach hill, I can promise you that OC will make winning a habit and change the whole mentality of football. And for all the people who HATE coach hill and say he will just leave in two years, I think you are wrong. He told us (his players) the only place he would ever leave OC for is his home, which is exactly where he went. It is my belief that coach hill would stay at least to see his children graduate. Someone can correct me but I believe coach hill has never been to the same place twice. Why not give him another chance? It's quite ironic because coach hill always gave second chances for players to come back to our team. As for me, I would push for coach hill to come back because he is a great man and an even better coach.

Actually, coach hill is set up very well where he is at. From what I hear, he has been contacted by OC, who wants him to coach. As a player who has played under coach hill, I can promise you that OC will make winning a habit and change the whole mentality of football. And for all the people who HATE coach hill and say he will just leave in two years, I think you are wrong. He told us (his players) the only place he would ever leave OC for is his home, which is exactly where he went. It is my belief that coach hill would stay at least to see his children graduate. Someone can correct me but I believe coach hill has never been to the same place twice. Why not give him another chance? It's quite ironic because coach hill always gave second chances for players to come back to our team. As for me, I would push for coach hill to come back because he is a great man and an even better coach.

LU_the_EAGLE if you actually played for coach hill then you should have a opinion on coach decker, he has been a head coach before and would probably turn the thing around with his attitude and the ability to get the most out of the kids. I BELIEVE THE POWERS TO BE DON'T WANT TO BE PROVEN WRONG. COACH DECKER IS WHAT THIS PROGRAM NEEDS AND IT HAS MORE TO DO THAN JUST WINS AND LOSSES

I agree. You have to go with Decker or Kendell. They are both "home town" boys and they love the program. They know how the system works. Nothing against Hill, but he has NEVER stayed anywhere very long. This program needs stability! I think those two would be fine choses. However, I am telling you that Coach Gurshcik is a good coach (assistant under Driggers). I don't know that he will get a good shot. I do know that he has been interviewed for the job. Again, no disrespect to Coach Hill, he is a great coach, but we need someone in here who is going to ride out the storm the next two years. The freshman class has a chance to be very decent, if they stick together.

LU_the_EAGLE if you actually played for coach hill then you should have a opinion on coach decker, he has been a head coach before and would probably turn the thing around with his attitude and the ability to get the most out of the kids. I BELIEVE THE POWERS TO BE DON'T WANT TO BE PROVEN WRONG. COACH DECKER IS WHAT THIS PROGRAM NEEDS AND IT HAS MORE TO DO THAN JUST WINS AND LOSSES