Grace at Temple Friday

ABBRH

2002-2003 was not the only year grace had a losing season vs. us....

No, but it was the only losing season Grace had in that stretch of time.

You are not very smart--The Win Loss I was giving was since the start of the new millennium, the 2000-2001 season is the first SEASON, in the new millennium 1999-2000 is the last season of the 90's....but if you really want to keep going back...I guarantee We were killing ya'll year after year during Josh Templeton and Gabe's years...

Actually, the true first season of new millennium would have been 2001-2002 since the year 2000 and 2001 are apart of different millennia.

but I was speaking of this Millenium... THAT is the logic I was using...what were you using??? A Grace education..hahahaha (sorry that was a cheap shot)

Are you serious? How many National Merit Finalists did you graduate with? Of the twenty-eight people in my grqaduating class there were two. I won't go into how many future doctors, lawyers, and engineers are in that bunch either. (You shouldn't capitalize "millenium" or spell it that way.)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but it was the only losing season Grace had in that stretch of time.

Actually, the true first season of new millennium would have been 2001-2002 since the year 2000 and 2001 are apart of different millennia.

Are you serious? How many National Merit Finalists did you graduate with? Of the twenty-eight people in my grqaduating class there were two. I won't go into how many future doctors, lawyers, and engineers are in that bunch either. (You shouldn't capitalize "millenium" or spell it that way.)

Grqadating??? I don't know what word that is... this is silly to be running around making fun of each other's spelling and grammar... people are typing emotional responses not writing paper's for classes... I know grace has a good education it was just a joke...don't get so defensive...

but I do like that you weren't able to argue with me...about the win loss... thing- with the skogen's ya'll had one year you had a winning record vs. us... that was my point... you were defeated against us many seasons and since the 2000-2001 season our record was 21-5....the last two games make it 21-7 since the start of the 2000 season...those are the facts....I apologize for your suffering...I hope you have enjoyed this year

Grqadating??? I don't know what word that is... this is silly to be running around making fun of each other's spelling and grammar... people are typing emotional responses not writing paper's for classes... I know grace has a good education it was just a joke...don't get so defensive...

but I do like that you weren't able to argue with me...about the win loss... thing- with the skogen's ya'll had one year you had a winning record vs. us... that was my point... you were defeated against us many seasons and since the 2000-2001 season our record was 21-5....the last two games make it 21-7 since the start of the 2000 season...those are the facts....I apologize for your suffering...I hope you have enjoyed this year

why do you always have to talk about past years...in every post that you have made you have made a comment about years past and your records, how about we talk about this year, nobody cares about temple 5 years ago, stop living in the past.

why do you always have to talk about past years...in every post that you have made you have made a comment about years past and your records, how about we talk about this year, nobody cares about temple 5 years ago, stop living in the past.

I feel honored that you felt the need to register and become a part of Coacht just so that you could respond to my comments. Thank you!

When you talk about rivalries, you usually talk about past records, win loss, best games, most controversial calls, etc.... you can't talk about future anything...cause you don't know.... and typically you make predictions on the present game based off the past results...because you can't base the present off of the future at all...that doesn't work...I actually live in the present...

Maybe I should rephrase my statement. I believe that Grace looks at these annual games/rivalry stuff a little more seriously than Temple does. I mean think about it...looking at the past 12-15 years as a whole, Temple has not really had to worry about Grace that much. I mean Grace has had the upper hand a few seasons, but not year in and year out like Temple basically has.

That being said, why would Temple care as much as Grace? Just b/c Grace is a cross-town Christian school? The Temple fans I talk to say that the Grace/Temple game is only really big b/c it's a district game, not b/c it's Grace and there is something to prove or whatever. Grace has and will continue to have something to prove b/c they have consistently lost to Temple (except for those few seasons already mentioned).

This is just my opinion. I appreciate both institutions and I enjoy wathcing these 2 teams play every year.

I've got to disagree with you on this one ChattStone. I believe Grace is the biggest rival for most of us Templites, regardless of the one-sideness of the competition over the years. When the 2 teams began playing each other sometime in the early 90's it probably meant more to Grace because a lot of people had left Temple to go there. And, Temple had already established rivalries with teams like Boyd and LV. Once Grace became more competitive and Temple started to feel some of their wrath, the games became more and more important to Temple. Then, after Grace finally beat Temple for the first time, the war was on.

Evidence that the rivalry is so intense is the fact that the crowds are so much bigger for Grace/Temple games. As a regular at Temple games I see old friends at Temple/Grace games that I don't see any other time of the year. 2 years ago expected attendance was so large that both regular season games, including the one scheduled to play at Grace, were moved to Temple's college gym, and it was standing room only. After one of the games Mark Weidmer wrote an article in the paper in which he declared Grace/Temple to be the biggest rivalry in the area. I don't think that case remains today, but the rivalry is still one of the best, for fans of both teams.

Can a rivalry be one-sided? If so, then the Grace/Temple "rivalry" is a good example. Grace looks at it as a rivalry, Temple does not. (generally speaking of course)

I have a snow covered villa in Florida that I will throw in with that ocean front property.

It is a big rivalry for both schools. It doesn't matter if it is one sided. It is a rivalry.