Grace at Temple Friday

ABBRH

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to bet I'm the only one troubled by this, but I'll state my case anyway. The Chatt. paper reported last week, CSAS "topples" Temple. This week it's similar: "Grace Topples Temple." In order for someone to be toppled, don't they have to be on top? As I see it, Temple has not been in that position this year. Maybe the reporter is just referring to their being first in the state last year. Or maybe I'm too obsessed with semantics. It just bugs me a little that the media is so enamored with anything Temple. Anyone?

I'm willing to bet I'm the only one troubled by this, but I'll state my case anyway. The Chatt. paper reported last week, CSAS "topples" Temple. This week it's similar: "Grace Topples Temple." In order for someone to be toppled, don't they have to be on top? As I see it, Temple has not been in that position this year. Maybe the reporter is just referring to their being first in the state last year. Or maybe I'm too obsessed with semantics. It just bugs me a little that the media is so enamored with anything Temple. Anyone?

Thanks for teaching me what topple means. I also noticed the word was used each of the last 2 weeks, but I didn't like it because I thought it inferred that Temple was beaten badly, which wasn't the case either time. Now that I've looked it up I know that it means "to overthrow." I could see the paper using that term the first time CSAS or Grace beat Temple this year, but not the second time, like just happened the last 2 weeks. Mabye the paper doesn't know what topple means, or maybe no one has told them Temple's not on top (yet) this year.

Thanks for teaching me what topple means. I also noticed the word was used each of the last 2 weeks, but I didn't like it because I thought it inferred that Temple was beaten badly, which wasn't the case either time. Now that I've looked it up I know that it means "to overthrow." I could see the paper using that term the first time CSAS or Grace beat Temple this year, but not the second time, like just happened the last 2 weeks. Mabye the paper doesn't know what topple means, or maybe no one has told them Temple's not on top (yet) this year.

Well, we shall see. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I figured Temple fans were whistling in the wind. Grace wins 66-59. Grace's defense was just smothering.

Let's include the year 2000 in the rivalry. It's now 21-10. You tell me, rivalry? You owned a four-year period. Saying it's not a rivalry is like saying you beat someone by eleven and calling it a "blowout". How many OT games were there? Don't act like Temple doesn't think it's a rivalry. It is and will be. The games are close and exciting. Is that too tough to swallow?

Dadoffour, before you come down hard on Eaglemaniac, remember that you too tried to predict the outcome:

Take it back... or don't.

If you are talking about 1999-2000 maybe- we were like 15-17 that year but in the 2000-2001 season temple was 24-7 and beat grace all three times... we played them

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/fe...es-past-temple/ is the article from the last CSAS vs Temple game. No where in the title do I see the word "topple."

Well, can we throw out 2002-2003 as well? Grace had a losing season. Is that the logic you're using?

2002-2003 was not the only year grace had a losing season vs. us....

You are not very smart--The Win Loss I was giving was since the start of the new millennium, the 2000-2001 season is the first SEASON, in the new millennium 1999-2000 is the last season of the 90's....but if you really want to keep going back...I guarantee We were killing ya'll year after year during Josh Templeton and Gabe's years...

but I was speaking of this Millenium... THAT is the logic I was using...what were you using??? A Grace education..hahahaha (sorry that was a cheap shot)

Are you serious? How many National Merit Finalists did you graduate with? I graduated with two. I won't go into how many future doctors, lawyers, and engineers are in that bunch either.

That must have been the last finalist they have had. Dont think they have had one since. Using your logic, the school has really gone down hill since you have been there.

So when is the rematch? Or will there be one?