Knox County may Join the TMSAA

TheQuestion9

Rumor has it that the Knox County coaches are considering petitioning the administration to allow them to join the TMSAA. That would be 14 additional schools who could be placed in the mix at the end of the year. From what I understand, the coaches discussed it at the last coach's meeting and they would like the opportunity to create an additional large school area that plays into Areas 1,2,3, & 4 at the end of their county tournament. Sounds like a good idea to me and it would enhance the Sectional tournament. We might really find out who are the best teams in East TN instead of just speculating.

Rumor has it that the Knox County coaches are considering petitioning the administration to allow them to join the TMSAA. That would be 14 additional schools who could be placed in the mix at the end of the year. From what I understand, the coaches discussed it at the last coach's meeting and they would like the opportunity to create an additional large school area that plays into Areas 1,2,3, & 4 at the end of their county tournament. Sounds like a good idea to me and it would enhance the Sectional tournament. We might really find out who are the best teams in East TN instead of just speculating.

I'd like to see it happen. At least this year, I'd say that Knox County would have a hard time claiming the "best in East Tennesee" title.