Player of the Year

Dana Jackson, Franklin Co.

Coach of the Year

Lynn Burkey, Shelbyville

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Jarrell, Shelbyville Sha'Para Johnson, Shelbyville Hannah Dawson, Shelbyville Ceny Phelps, Shelbyville Sarah Elam, Coffee County Cortney Page, Coffee County Sissy Claybourne, Columbia Angela Spann, Lawrence County Jordyn Luffman, Lawrence County Candace Gordon, Lincoln County Player of the Year Dana Jackson, Franklin Co. Coach of the Year Lynn Burkey, Shelbyville

Katie Hill from Lawrence Co. should have made it.

MVP surprised me a bit

I can understand why you were surprised! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Everyone knows realistically that the real MVP of the District is no longer playing. LaTeira Owens from Columbia should have gotten it, but since she didn't finish the season-she wasn't given the honor. She played every district game of her regular season, but is no longer on the team now so she doesn't get the award.

Dana Jackson is the only other player in the District that came close to LaTeira statistic wise, so she should have gotten it if LaTeira didn't. (You can check this out on the tennesseean.com)

No matter what happened I still think LaTeira is still the REAL MVP! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Alex Jarrell, Shelbyville

Sha'Para Johnson, Shelbyville

Hannah Dawson, Shelbyville

Ceny Phelps, Shelbyville

Sarah Elam, Coffee County

Cortney Page, Coffee County

Sissy Claybourne, Columbia

Angela Spann, Lawrence County

Jordyn Luffman, Lawrence County

Candace Gordon, Lincoln County

Player of the Year

Dana Jackson, Franklin Co.

Coach of the Year

Lynn Burkey, Shelbyville

IS THIS AN OFFICIAL POST OR YOUR GUESS

No matter what happened I still think LaTeira is still the REAL MVP! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ah, you have to love the Homer posts. Look, MVPs don't put themselves ahead of their teams, which seems to be the case in Lateira's situation. Is she a great player? Absolutely. Can you make the arguement that she truly was the "most valuable" player on her team? Sure (as is evidenced by their quick exit without her). But I have to applaud both coach Moore of Columbia for putting principles over results, and those selecting the District honors for backing her up by not selecting Lateira. Decisions have consequences, and these types of things are the consequences of making a VERY selfish decision.

Ah, you have to love the Homer posts. Look, MVPs don't put themselves ahead of their teams, which seems to be the case in Lateira's situation. Is she a great player? Absolutely. Can you make the arguement that she truly was the "most valuable" player on her team? Sure (as is evidenced by their quick exit without her). But I have to applaud both coach Moore of Columbia for putting principles over results, and those selecting the District honors for backing her up by not selecting Lateira. Decisions have consequences, and these types of things are the consequences of making a VERY selfish decision.

Good post and should be publicized more.

Excellent comment Owens is a very good player, but chose to not finish the season with her team. Therefore I applaud the decision to not give her an individual honor for quiting before the end of the season (yes, the season does include the playoffs)