Kingston Lady Yellowjackets`

JACKETDAD

I have to respectfully disagree with you about none of these girls could have played on a kingston team a long time ago. I'm sure you probably know who I am so I'll just say what I think, and I'll only speak about my own daughter. I think she will play at the next level, it may be DII, III or NAIA but with the number of schools that have already contacted her, I believe someone will be interested. As for the kids bad attitudes, I agree to a point, however, I believe some of these attitudes are brought on by frustration. That frustration is due to playing on a team that has continuously lost. Its tuff to stay positive when you continually lose. As for your advice in getting a teaching certificate and coaching, it appears you may be the one that should take your own advice, you seem to think you know everything thats going wrong with the program, maybe you could fix it. Just a thought

I will agree that 1 or 2 players could have played but I don't think would have started, when I went to school there the girls won the district, region or went to the state tournament all 4 years when I was in high school. The point guard and one of the post signed D-1 scholarships; now I don't know if that will ever happen again, but If I recall you offered a lot of advice to this team during the season about what scheme to run and certain strategies and personnel to play right here on this board, Especially during district tournaments, so maybe your the one who knows everything and can fix the problems.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree that 1 or 2 players could have played but I don't think would have started, when I went to school there the girls won the district, region or went to the state tournament all 4 years when I was in high school. The point guard and one of the post signed D-1 scholarships; now I don't know if that will ever happen again, but If I recall you offered a lot of advice to this team during the season about what scheme to run and certain strategies and personnel to play right here on this board, Especially during district tournaments, so maybe your the one who knows everything and can fix the problems.

You're correct in the fact that I think they could have done things differently and maybe had better results, however, being that we wont be here next year, I'll just say I hope Coach Anderson gets some help and the Lady Jackets turn things around for the better.

Just curious who the D1 players are, what years did they play and which D1 Schools did they play for?

Just guessing, but I'd say the D-1 guard was Dana Puckett('90). Great career at Clemson. I don't know who the post was.

Your right Dana Puckett was the guard and Amy Morton('89) was the post; I was wrong about

her playing D-1, although she had offers from Tennessee Tech and MTSU she tore her ACL and ended up

accepting a scholarship to Carson Newman. She was one of the best shooting post to ever play there.

SIMPLE OPINION FROM AN OUTSIDE OBSERVER TRANSPLANTED INTO KINGSTON.

BOYS AND GIRLS TEAMS LOSING TALENT SUCH AS SMITH, PARKS AND HOOD ARE HUGE. THESE ARE BASKETBALL PLAYERS.

WHY ARE THEY LEAVING ?

LACK OF COMMITMENT BY COACHES AND INDIVUAL PLAYERS TO IMPROVE THE OVERALL BASKETBALL PROGRAM. THIS INCLUDES DURING THE SEASON AND THE OFF SEASON. HAS TO START WITH THE COACHES.

BOYS AND GIRLS TEAMS LOSING TALENT SUCH AS SMITH, PARKS AND HOOD ARE HUGE. THESE ARE BASKETBALL PLAYERS.

WHY ARE THEY LEAVING ?

LACK OF COMMITMENT BY COACHES AND INDIVUAL PLAYERS TO IMPROVE THE OVERALL BASKETBALL PROGRAM. THIS INCLUDES DURING THE SEASON AND THE OFF SEASON. HAS TO START WITH THE COACHES.

I remember another one that quit, how about Brooke Gentry, she was a very good player. She never played for another team so I dont know the real reason behind her quitting. There have been others quit as well in the past 5 or so years.

WHY ARE THEY LEAVING ?

Is it true the Coach from Scott County is coming to Kingston to fill the Assistant Coaches position??