Region 1 AAA

TommyMan37604

Cherokee/DB

Ryans can match Frolich

Price can match Devine

Ewing can match Head

Avery can match Blair

Gilbert/Cupp, etc match France/ Harville

So it comes down to execution, and who is hot that night, and who stays out of foul trouble. Ryans and Frolich are both foul prone, as is Ewing and Head. It may come down to whose back-ups step up.

Agreed these look pretty even. The problem is I don't think Cherokee has anyone to match the freshmen Osborne or Lily when the starters go to the bench with fouls. DB is deep except for the point.

Despite the huge size mismatch, TN High may put Jones on Dickson for quickness. If Dickson is guarding her, Montgomery would be crazy not to drive every time she touches it looking for a foul. Someone stepping up to take a few charges would discourage this tactic. Montgomery fouled out early against South on Monday.

If West (the only one I haven't seen) is small/quick, why do they try to play a slow down, half court game? Do they just throw it around looking for the open 3? From box scores doesn't look like they get many FT's so they must not depend on the drive and fouls.

Winning in JC is like winning in GreenEVILle - nearly impossible.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with 1 and 4 seed games. You have Conference Champs in the 1st rd. when has that happened. Those games should be close, very close. Might see both top seeds fall if neither one comes to play. I will see those of you who are going at the Greenville game.

If Greeneville wins it they have definately deserved it. That is a tough bracket. The big question would be can our 1 and 2 do anything against the Knoxville teams???

Not going tonight but would love to see the TH and Greenville game. I rate it a toss up, playing at home might be the difference for Greeneville. I think DB should win and hopefully are not looking ahead. South is playing pretty good now and so is Science Hill. I say district one wins 3 games.

I would like to know why everyone just writes off Morristown West. They have proved themselves multiple times this year. First, by beating Greenville at home, then by coming in as the 6th seed in districts and beating both Morristown East and Cocke County, then only losing to Greenville by 6 at Greenville for the championship. Not to mention the game they played last night when they were down by 14 at the half and came back to beat Sulivan South by 15, when most teams would have just layed down.