District 4-A Tournament

RCSportsStringer

Looking at who all is left, it looks like OS/Coalfield could be an intriguing match-up as Coalfield has beaten the Lady 'Cats earlier in the year so they could very well pull a shocker once again if OS doesn't play well. Plus you have Oakdale/Wartburg which is a pretty tough match-up in itself as Wartburg's surprised a few people this year and Oakdale always is tough plus with district tournaments anything, and I mean ANYTHING can happen. Those are four pretty stout ball-teams right there and all might very well get to the second round of the region playoffs seeing how Region 3-A's a bit down this year.

Thoughts?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that we lost to a short handed wartburg team. Watching the game I thought that Byrge and Korin did an excellent job in the game both had around 15, but the defensive job that wartburg put on O'dell was good.

Coming in to the season I felt that Oakdale had the best team in the district. I was wrong!! Wartburg has the best team! There is not any other team that could go in to the district tournament without their best player and still contend for the Title.

Think of OS without Christopher or Oakdale without O'dell. Good job to the wartburg team and to their much criticized coach who in my opinion helped guide his team through a major hurdle tonight!

and Keep in mind that OS still has Christopher and they are the fav to win this game but I think it will be pretty close.

I'm not surprised that Wartburg is in the title game. I felt after watching them give OS all they could handle in the region tourney that they would be a force this year because of all the talent they had coming back. It took a while to get everything clicking, but they are a deep team, especially on the perimeter. Now can they find a way to dethrone the Lady 'Cats? I don't know, but I watched the last game and it seemed OS controlled the game from start to finish and then at the end Wartburg had the last shot with a chance to win. It should be a great title game.

With this win Wartburg has a very good shot at going to State this year along with Oliver Springs do not see either of these teams winning the Gold ball but just to make it there is great for Wartburg an Oliver Springs is making a habit of going there. I look for District 4 to win 3 of the 4 games in the regionals if not sweeping them.

Superdave,

How many did O'dell have tonight? I was told she only had 7 points. Can Oakdale bounce back from this one to claim 3rd or will Coalfield beat them. Coalfield didn't look very good to me tonight but I think that they will play much better next game.

I feel like the OS and Wartburg game will be a very good one but i cant say who will win. You could make an argument for either team. OS seems to be the more healthy team and Wartburg looks to be very hungry. It will be a good game.

Very good game tonight. Now if I was Coach Snow I might just take a lost to Coalfield in the cons. game Monday night so I can go up against Wartburg 1 more time in the regional. What I have seen this year Oakdale matches up much better with Wartburg than Oliver Springs so if they want a chance for Sub-state that might be their best shot.

I agree District 4 should sweep District 3 in the regional the only game District 3 might win is if Greenback gets to play Coalfield in the first round.

1-3

If I were Coach Snow I would rather play anyone other than Wartburg in the Region. By the time that they play again Wartburg may be 100% and I'm not sure that anyone in the district attacks O'dell the way that I saw Wartburg do it last night. I believe that the Oakdale kids need a chance to finish as high in 4-A as they can! It would be pretty awful if Oakdale threw the consolation game only to see Wartburg upset O.S. remember O.S. only beat Wartburg by 1 point earlier! I'ld go ahead and play the game if I were our Oakdale coaching staff!

Oakdale won't be throwing any games because there's no guarantee that Wartburg will lose to OS. I also believe that Harriman could beat Greenback in District 3-A Monday night. Harriman is playing really well right now, winning 7 of their last 8. If they play like they did today against Rockwood then I think they'll win.

Also Midway had a shot today at Greenback. With less than 1:00 to play, the Lady Waves had the ball down by 3, but missed the chance to tie the the Lady 'Kees sealed the deal at the charity stripe.

Midway also missed 15 of 29 free throws today or they would have probably been ahead that last minute.