Region 3A

WCAballa11

... but next year CSAS will be an unspoken of team...they have no PROGRAM established they over achieved last year...we will see how they do this year...but Temple has been consistent....they have an established program they teach the same ideas and philosophy all the way down to the elementary level....

Lol. You buddy, know nothing about CSAS basketball (you probaly don't care to). Coach Dragoo has been at CSAS for 20 years. You can count on one hand the number of losing seasons he's had there and that includes playing AA ball. Have you not noticed that if you scout the jv team, you see the same thing as the varsity. If you scout the girls team, you see the same thing. His assistant coaches even played for him and have been his assistants for many years. Even before CSAS moved back down from AA they had a very succesful program.

Last year was only a surprise to outsiders. CSAS played a very tough schedule and they were very successful playing it. The ONLY team that had their number last year was Temple.

Temple gets alot of respect from me because of what the've achieved as a program but trust me CSAS will be their next year again competing for the region.

Let's enjoy this year! CSAS and Grace took care of business tonight and it should be a heck of a game Tuesday!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So everything is shaping out nicely.

semi finals are set

Grace vs. CSAS

and

Silverdale vs. Temple

these are 2 great match ups.

i give silverdale a pretty good chance at beating temple.

they may have their point guard back and putting them at full strength.

does anyone else think they could beat them?

Lol. You buddy, know nothing about CSAS basketball (you probaly don't care to). Coach Dragoo has been at CSAS for 20 years. You can count on one hand the number of losing seasons he's had there and that includes playing AA ball. Have you not noticed that if you scout the jv team, you see the same thing as the varsity. If you scout the girls team, you see the same thing. His assistant coaches even played for him and have been his assistants for many years. Even before CSAS moved back down from AA they had a very succesful program.

Last year was only a surprise to outsiders. CSAS played a very tough schedule and they were very successful playing it. The ONLY team that had their number last year was Temple.

Temple gets alot of respect from me because of what the've achieved as a program but trust me CSAS will be their next year again competing for the region.

Let's enjoy this year! CSAS and Grace took care of business tonight and it should be a heck of a game Tuesday!

that can be a bad thing about the same coaching styles for years. coaching styles have to be able to adapt to the current style of play because we all know that all sports change and evolve as time goes on. so the having all the coaches with the exact same methods doesn't allow an outside view that might be able to pick out a flaw that an insider wouldn't see.

and i don't see csas being much next year. with the exception of townsend who do they have left?

So everything is shaping out nicely.

semi finals are set

Grace vs. CSAS

and

Silverdale vs. Temple

these are 2 great match ups.

i give silverdale a pretty good chance at beating temple.

they may have their point guard back and putting them at full strength.

does anyone else think they could beat them?

Silverdale is hard to figure. They lost to Temple by 3 at home, then got beat by 28 at Temple. According to the point guard's (Lowry) dad last week, he is out for the season, but they didn't seem to miss him last night against a Spitt team that so many people on here seem to think is so good.

My pick is for Temple to win by 20, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was much closer.

Grace will beat CSAS by 15.

haha nice answer /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

why dont you think they cant win?

i just don't see it happening honestly. i hope they do but who knows? and i've noticed everybody picking grace over csas which i don't is gonna happen. if we all remember that the game grace did win over csas was without hampton and csas still could've won that game and with hampton csas murdered grace. i'd say it looks better for csas but like i said who knows?

No, he did not play against Whitwell. Should be a good game Tuesday, both teams are at full strength. The second time Grace played CSAS they were without Hampton. The first time they played Shaughnessy was still injured. That early in the season Grace had not learned how to share the ball. They still have their moments but have played much better team ball in the latter part of the season.

I'd like to know how CSAS (A self-proclaimed lock to make it to state) only beats South Pittsburg (A team that lost to David Brained) by 14 points? You CSAS people may not want to be too cocky going into region. There are 3 teams from the good district in the region that can beat you.

Congrats to Brian Ball for getting MVP. Maybe your critics will shut up now.

I hope that you are not implying that David Brainerd is a weak team. Granted we took some lumps from the big dogs in our district but we played your crusaders tough at your place and anyone that watched that game and knows anything about basketball knows that that game was alot closer than 60-44. DB missed 10 free throws and 3 or 4 layups. Not saying we should have won but I believe we are a better team than most people give us credit for. Also, We beat everybody in District 6 except for CSAS and Sale Creek because we did not play them. Not saying we would beat CSAS at all. Sale Creek beat our JV's by like 10 in our X-mas Tourney

I hope that you are not implying that David Brainerd is a weak team. Granted we took some lumps from the big dogs in our district but we played your crusaders tough at your place and anyone that watched that game and knows anything about basketball knows that that game was alot closer than 60-44. DB missed 10 free throws and 3 or 4 layups. Not saying we should have won but I believe we are a better team than most people give us credit for. Also, We beat everybody in District 6 except for CSAS and Sale Creek because we did not play them. Not saying we would beat CSAS at all. Sale Creek beat our JV's by like 10 in our X-mas Tourney

good teams dont miss lay ups nor 10 free throws in big games.

and david brainerd got a taste of CSAS in the jamboree.

that didnt go over well seeing that they won by like 35+ points in a jamboree.