District 7-AAA

arsenal1012

I will find out if siegelsoccer17 is a Siegel player and address this situation. My apologies for the immature, derogatory remarks of siegelsoccer17. Some don't realize that when you make statements in an open forum while using siegel soccer as your tag your statements can be taken to reflect the opinions of the whole program. In this instance, siegelsoccer17's comments do not reflect the attitudes of the Siegel Soccer program. Jasper is an outstanding player.

I should and will check these boards more often.

Coach Shelton

Coach,

I appreciate your comments. I also wanted to let you know from a veteran Coach T member, and speaking for many others, that we learn to take these posts for what they are, and not let it affect our view of the program that they represent (at least most of the time!).

These things happen, and happen often. You may find that it isn't even one of your players, but someone hiding behind a screen name just trying to cause trouble.

Thanks for looking into this. I'll keep a closer eye on it, as well. Good luck this season.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you all think White Co. has a chance at all to win a district game this year? I have a feeling it's the year.

I think they have a shot to beat oakland. White County was a much improved team last year compared to previous years. I think they could have beaten oakland last year. With that said, I don't know what each team lost or gained this year.

I think they have a shot to beat oakland. White County was a much improved team last year compared to previous years. I think they could have beaten oakland last year. With that said, I don't know what each team lost or gained this year.

I definitely think we're better than last year. We are at least trying to play possession and spread the field rather than "kick & run". Our starters this year with the new coach played Will Lee's Cookeville Untd. back in the u-17 days a couple years ago. It was 3-3 with about 15 min. left, but our defense was gased and totally brokedown after playing great all night long with a handball in the box and failing to mark an open man. Anyway we hope that squad with some younger guys will carry us the next few years., but depth is also a major concern.

My question is why don't they play all of the teams in the district, Blackman, Riverdale, and Siegel. Very confusing.

My question is why don't they play all of the teams in the district, Blackman, Riverdale, and Siegel. Very confusing.

I had to post this in another thread too. Our previous coach did this cause he figured we would be the 8 seed regardless if played them or not and wanted to play other teams in the area (none of us agree with it entirely, but oh well). The new coach did it this year because no coach would schedule games here in White Co. and there is talk of us being re-districted next thus leaving us with no return home games next year. You can't just put a schedule together of twelve away games or force the other teams to come to your place. We're playing a full district schedule next year though regardless of what happens. Have you all heard of a new Murfreesboro school getting us re-districted or not?

I had to post this in another thread too. Our previous coach did this cause he figured we would be the 8 seed regardless if played them or not and he wanted to give our players confidence instead of getting killed by Blackman, Riverdale, etc. The new coach did it this year because we would have to have all away games and there is talk of us being re-districted next thus leaving us with no return home games next year. It would be rough going to Murfreesboro every week with no return next year. We're playing a full district schedule next year though regardless of what happens. Have you all heard of a new Murfreesboro school getting us re-districted or not?

Cookeville has to travel just as far, not sure that is logic, but not to schedule because you think you are going to killed seems to send a message to kids we are not going to play them because you are not good enough seems illogical to me. Coaches create thier own schedule, why would a coach schedule all the away games to Murfreesboro, schedule half in Murfreesboro, other half at White County. I mean it saves us traveling too, but I think it sends the wrong message to the young men on your team. Just in my personal opinion, in order to get better, you have to play the best teams. See what they do right and learn from it. I know bigger schools/cities/counties get a better core of athletes to come out for a team, I just don't think if I were a coach I would not play because of travel and not wanting to loose.

They need to re-do the district. Why LaVernge and Smyrna wouldn't be in our district is beyond me, even Wilson Central.

The reason why White County stopped playing their district games goes back to about three or four years ago. The Murfeesboro golf teams refused to travel to White County to play on their golf course. So, in answer to the Murfreesboro golf teams refusing the travel to White County, some of the White County teams refused to travel to Murfreesboro to play. That is how it got started.

Why do people feel the districts need to be re-done? I would hate to see 7-aaa be split up, as it is always fun and competitive in almost every sport, especially boys soccer.

I think the districts are just fine how they are. And don't say its too much traveling. In soccer a team from mboro only has to make two 'long' away trips a year.