Region 7AA Tournament

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felicia Huey, she did cause some big turnovers as did most of the girls. Tonight was the best defensive game I think I've seen us play. We cause Rechis to hit some very contested shots which you could do nothing else with except hoped she missed. Grace Ann Swaim was the story for Westview. I'm not sure how many she had tonight but I'd guess around 23 or 24. It was awesome for us to come back from the 9 point deficit at the half.

First of all I must say I wish there was a way all 4 13AA could make it to state. It just doesn't seem right. J. Roney I personally enjoyed watching you play. You are smart, tough and a true leader. Any team would be blessed to have you be a part of it. Good luck in all you do.

NSHD again you guys over achieved. I see a bright future ahead for you guys.

GC although we will be cheering against each other Wed night, let's make sure we cheer for each other to meet a 6th time!

Felicia Huey, she did cause some big turnovers as did most of the girls. Tonight was the best defensive game I think I've seen us play. We cause Rechis to hit some very contested shots which you could do nothing else with except hoped she missed. Grace Ann Swaim was the story for Westview. I'm not sure how many she had tonight but I'd guess around 23 or 24. It was awesome for us to come back from the 9 point deficit at the half.

Grace Ann( 16 pts) good player yea but not story for Westview! Rechis as usual was!!! (17 pts) An awesome leader as always!!!!!!

First of all I must say I wish there was a way all 4 13AA could make it to state. It just doesn't seem right. J. Roney I personally enjoyed watching you play. You are smart, tough and a true leader. Any team would be blessed to have you be a part of it. Good luck in all you do.

NSHD again you guys over achieved. I see a bright future ahead for you guys.

GC although we will be cheering against each other Wed night, let's make sure we cheer for each other to meet a 6th time!

[/quote

Congratulations to all of the semifinalist.I know Gibson Co. and Milan will go great in the sub state and state...Also congratulations to Bradford ,going to region championship, substate and hopefully state...It's great to have 3 teams from Gibson County headed to the substate....Good luck to all.

Milan and GC has the makings for an outstanding Region 7AA final. Milan came from behind to defeat OC last evening as the Lady Dawgs had phenominal performance from Gray who was the difference in the game. She scored 14 of her game high 19 points in the 2nd half as her speed and quickness were to much for the Lady Rebs. In the nightcap, the Lady Pioneers used pressure defense to retake the lead in the 2nd half and force turnovers from Westview and Heather Butler set the tone and Garner hit some big shots down the stretch.

Congrats to both Westview and Obion Central on outstanding seasons /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No seniors on this year's Lady Charger team so everyone will be back next season. As for the Lady Rebels, five seniors played their last game last evening- Jana Roney, Gentry Reedy, Emily McGee, Bethany Butler and Darcey Kirk. These ladies played a huge role in the success of the Lady Rebel program over the past four years and best of luck to them in the future. Good Luck to Jana as she continues on at Murray State and she finished her high school career with 1,709 points . Gentry also topped the 1,000 point plateau this season and finished with 1,019 points.

As for the future Lady Rebels- some talent coming back next season but with this district everyone will have talent coming back, so off-season work will be very important.

Again, best of luck to both Milan and Gibson County as we hope to see both teams in the BORO next week.. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Milan 46, Obion Central 38

OC - 13 7 6 12 - 38

M - 11 4 11 20 - 46

OC - Roney 17, A. Reedy 5, Eaves 5, G. Reedy 4, Fussell 3, McGee 2, Butler 2

M - Gray 19, Poston 15, Glenn 10, Joyner 2

Milan advances to the region championship for the first time since 1989.

Congratulations to the Lady Rebels on a great season and to the seniors for an awesome career.

The last time the Lady Bulldogs advanced to Sub-state Jackson North Side head coach, Farris Lowery was the coach.

It was sad to see the Obion seniors running off the floor for the last time. Those girls have given us fanatics a lot of great basketball over the last 4 years. Best wishes to all the seniors of Obion and thanks for the memories.

Ditto on the sadness and the memories. It has been so much fun to watch this group over the last 4 years. You are a class act, seniors and all the team.