who picks the district all tournament ?

bfan

That's what I thought. Based on some picks I've seen, I almost knew it had to be the coaches. Some things are just tooooooooo obvious.

I just want to know which pics you disagree with. Im not trying to argue with you, but you apparently didnt agree with the picks. Im just curious as to who you wanted on, and who you didnt think deserve to be there.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know when the district and region were here a couple of years ago coaches had nothing to do with the selections, a group got together by themselves after each night and talked about who did well, including things not in the stat sheet. It went by a formula to an extent, the top finishers had multlple picks. Each host site has the option to do it any way they want I suppose and even though the individual honors are nice I'm sure the players like winning championships better.

Thanks, and good luck to you too. I think that would be a great finals!! Im hoping for it.

I agree that Roberts and Biles are what kind of push us over the edge. I think Biles just took a few games to get her confidence, and once she was comfortable and was willing to become an offensive threat, she really started to make a difference.

Roberts. Well, that is one of the toughest kids i have ever seen. I think she is the X factor with this team. She has such a bigger role this year, and it almost looked like she struggled early in the year trying to get used to being so involved with things. She had the luxury last year of coming in and being a sharpshooter, but kind of being under the radar. This year she needed to be a major factor for the entire game, and I think she has adjusted really well. In my opinion (just me thinking of course) Roberts is the key to this whole thing. The Three Headed Monster will be there. They can score many different ways, and their defense is incredible. Roberts has played EXCELLENT defense all year, and like I said, is tough as nails. But when she gets into it offensively as well, I think this team is unbeatable.

and as long as Biles understands that none of this works if she is not a scoring threat....then we are ok.

hahahaha, what a big ol CLUSTER this game can be sometimes!! I think that is why I love it so much.

No Upperman vs. LA finals. They will meet in the Region semis if I read the bracket right and obviously if they both win their first game. No sub-state for one of these 2 teams.

In the past there has always been a committe made up of people that see every game such as official scorer, stat person and clock keeper, pa anouncer and others appointed by tourney director to select the all tournament. The coaches had nothing to do with actual selection. Now its been a year or two since I 've been involved so it may have chaned.

No Upperman vs. LA finals. They will meet in the Region semis if I read the bracket right and obviously if they both win their first game. No sub-state for one of these 2 teams.

I haven't looked at the bracket. I guess that would be right....I was thinking about last year how LA & Upperman finished 1st & 2nd. I keep forgetting we finished 3rd.....that just doesn't seem possible. We had such a great year & alot to be proud of. it stinks both can't make it to sub......it's funny because Upperman is our biggest rival but when we go on past our district we cheer for each other. I just like to see Upper Cumberland represent!!!!

The coaches pick and they also determine how many from

each team will get on the team based on their finish in

the tournament. Believe it's the same way for regular

season & determined when they have their district meeting.

I just didn't know, you see refs setting around at the tables down on the floor and some in the stands. Do the coaches pick their on or do they only vote on kids from other teams.

I know when the district and region were here a couple of years ago coaches had nothing to do with the selections, a group got together by themselves after each night and talked about who did well, including things not in the stat sheet. It went by a formula to an extent, the top finishers had multlple picks. Each host site has the option to do it any way they want I suppose and even though the individual honors are nice I'm sure the players like winning championships better.

This is how it should be. Stat sheets don't tell the whole story always. Some kids have a good tournament and don't get the individual honors they should just because some other kid is the star player evern if they didn't have a good tournament or coach hold something against them, sometimes it just doesn't seem fare to the kids. And as bad as it may seem some coaches do have their favorites on teams for what ever reason,however they are only human.

Thanks for he info. I know how LA finished we only had two girls....that had to be a hard one to pick. I thought both the Sells girls played well. I knew Killer would be one of them but the other spot was a toss up. Taylor is a hustler & a good kid(good attitude). Makenzie Sells is fun to watch.....she is the total package & she has 3 more years to develop her talent. Alissa Sells can shoot the lights out & pick your pocket at any time. Adrian West ....when she gets hot you better watch out(she has improved so much this year). Any one of these girls could have made it....Taylor stood out to the coaches. Good job LA.....

gatorbill, Of course you have the "three headed monster" combo with Davis, Dyer & Maynard but I also think you are loaded with Roberts & Biles. Roberts really caught my attention the last time we played you & in this tournament. Good luck to you guys.....hope we see you in the finals /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Atleast you go about it wisely!!!

This is how it should be. Stat sheets don't tell the whole story always. Some kids have a good tournament and don't get the individual honors they should just because some other kid is the star player evern if they didn't have a good tournament or coach hold something against them, sometimes it just doesn't seem fare to the kids. And as bad as it may seem some coaches do have their favorites on teams for what ever reason,however they are only human.

Unfortunately your right......coaches do have their picks. Livingston's all tourney was a toss up....all of the girls did good. Killer was a shoe in but the other spot was up for grabs. Taylor's stat sheet wasn't as great as the Sells girls & West but when you watch her you see what a stat sheet won't tell you. She hustles, handles the ball well & gets the ball to the right people at the right time.

Bfan, If you had to chose who would you have picked?

Unfortunately your right......coaches do have their picks. Livingston's all tourney was a toss up....all of the girls did good. Killer was a shoe in but the other spot was up for grabs. Taylor's stat sheet wasn't as great as the Sells girls & West but when you watch her you see what a stat sheet won't tell you. She hustles, handles the ball well & gets the ball to the right people at the right time.

I would have to say that if either of the Sells kids, or the Roberts kid had made the all-tourney team, it would NOT have been a travesty! I like the way the Taylor kid plays, and the Sells kids. And Roberts is such a tough, scrappy player who usually ends up guarding someone much bigger than she is. Im a huge a. roberts fan.

But I cant disagree with the three headed monster either. So, until they let us have 4 spots. hahahah, I guess I will just deal with it!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I WOULD NOT HAVE PICKED THE 2 GIRLS FROM CANNON, BUT AFTER STARTING THIS THREAD I KNOW THAT THEIR HAS TO BE SO MENY FROM EACH TEAM DEPENDING ON WHERE THEY FINISH I NEVER KNEW THIS, SO THATS WHY BOTH WERE CHOSEN. I ALSO FELT THAT SOME OF THE GIRLS FROM LIVINGSTON ACADEMY GOT LEFT OF THE LIST, THAT WAS BETTER THAN SOME WHO WAS CHOSEN, BUT AGAIN LIVINGSTON ACADEMY ONLY HAD ROOM FOR X NUMBER.