Region 1 AAA

TommyMan37604

Morristown West picked a bad time to go on the skids! DB should roll Saturday night.

I do hope the Trojan fans bring alot of fans to Kingsport. DB's Student Section was great in the District Finals this week (3 times the Toppers crowd)

Roll Tribe Roll

District one will win at least 3 and possibly 4. I see DB and Science Hill playing again in the finals. For those Science Hill people who are calling the radio about the coach and not being able to beat DB, just remember that you CAN get to the state tournament without beating DB it is just a lot tougher to do it that way.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District one will win at least 3 and possibly 4. I see DB and Science Hill playing again in the finals. For those Science Hill people who are calling the radio about the coach and not being able to beat DB, just remember that you CAN get to the state tournament without beating DB it is just a lot tougher to do it that way.

I'd say the DB vs Science Hill Finals is a good pick. Are there really upset fans in JC?

It probably will be that matchup in the finals but Ive seen Sci Hill 5 times in the past 2 weeks and they have not looked good at all. Ashlon Adams has all the talent in the world but is playing like crap. The best game theyve played was the loss to DB in the Championship game.

I have not seen them play well either. It's very obvious that the team has talent, but it seems the coach doesn't know how to get them to play their best. Don't think he knows how to deal with all the attitudes and different personalities on the team!

Can you District 2 guys give us info on your teams?

In District 1 - Dobyns-Bennett has a huge height advantage, going 6-10,6-6,6-6, & 6-5 with their post players. Science Hill has very good Forwards and Guards. DB, Tn High and Sullivan East have outstanding guards, the Patriots can shoot the lights out of the 3's.

Does any team in District 2 have strong post players? Who are the best players on each Team playing tonight?

Roll Tribe Roll

Can you District 2 guys give us info on your teams?

In District 1 - Dobyns-Bennett has a huge height advantage, going 6-10,6-6,6-6, & 6-5 with their post players. Science Hill has very good Forwards and Guards. DB, Tn High and Sullivan East have outstanding guards, the Patriots can shoot the lights out of the 3's.

Does any team in District 2 have strong post players? Who are the best players on each Team playing tonight?

Roll Tribe Roll

Here is what I know about the District 2 that Central played:

Greeneville - They have the best player in the Region in Tremaine Gash. I know that is a bold statement but he can play. If you are playing man 2 man against this guy do not try and put your quickest guy on him because Gash will be quicker and just abuse him. You are better off putting a tall guy on him and making Gash shoot over them (TN High will probably play a zone so that will not matter). Greeneville's other player is Shortt who is also one of the top players in the Region. He is pretty tall but is quick enough to take the guards off the dribble. Gash and Shortt are going to score no matter what, just don't let the other guys from Greeneville beat you.

Mo West - Their best player is Dustin Fanney. Quick and likes to penetrate but his favorite shot is a pull up jumper from the foul line. He is a very good player. The point guard for West is also a good 3 point shooter so watch out for him. The first time we played them they had a kid (more like a man though) who was about 6-6 and wore a head band, but he was not at Central when we played them last. Don't know if he got kicked off, quit or what but he is pretty tough if he plays.

Cocke County - Did not see this game so I can't comment too much about them. From what I am told this is the only District 2 team with any post play. Even though East has to play them away, they at least don't have to worry about the home cooking that many teams suffer from when going there since it will be Region 2 refs.

In regards to TN High...... they are not considered a "dark horse" in my opinion. History tells me that they have always been competitive by tourney time. Even if they do not have a good season, they usually pick up the pace around this time of year. A big reason is Coach Witcher. He has a great program over there and refuses to give in to pressure to do things differently. With his pace, if he can keep his PG's controlling the game, TN High is in every game they play. I believe they are in DB's bracket, and that is ashame for them. DB is just playing at another level than everyone else in East TN. BUT!!!!! Good luck to all teams tonight even though I am cheering for an All-Big-Nine final four at Hal Henard. Coach Reed......sorry for cheering against you guys....I stilll love ya!!!!!! GOD Bless!!!!

DB Indians blow by Mo West 61-44. With a 17-0 run early in the 2nd quarter. The game was never in question or close again. I just heard that Greeneville did squeek by the Vikings by 3. That sets up another DB vs Greeneville Region game. The Indians owe them bigtime, so get ready for that Devils!!

Anything on the other games

Roll Tribe Roll

Cocke county beat east 67 to 62

East started 0 for 12 from three and had only 2 points in the first quarter.

Cocke county led 30 to 12 before east hit 2 threes in the final 30 seconds.

East led after 3 by a 41 40 margin. Sullivan really hit their threes in that quarter and scored a lot of their points that way.

CCHS held on down the stretch with big free throws and buckets.

Intense crowd on hand. A near capacity crowd.

DB Indians blow by Mo West 61-44. With a 17-0 run early in the 2nd quarter. The game was never in question or close again. I just heard that Greeneville did squeek by the Vikings by 3. That sets up another DB vs Greeneville Region game. The Indians owe them bigtime, so get ready for that Devils!!

Anything on the other games

Roll Tribe Roll