Region 1 AAA

TommyMan37604

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Green Devils you guys earned this win. The Vikings shot themselves in the foot at the charity stripe, and a couple of untimely turnovers sunk this years Viking ship. Gash is a good ball player. Very quick and I watched him shooting in warm-ups before the game for almost 10 minutes, and he only misted three times (most shot were beyond the three point line). Needless to say??¦he shoots the ball very well. He accounted for almost half of Greeneville??™s points single handedly. I do have to say that after seeing his performance in comparison??¦to say that he is the ???best player in the Region??? is a REAL stretch. But hey...don??™t take my word for it??¦we will get a better idea Tuesday night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to all the teams that are left, and I have confidence that whoever is left when the smoke clears will represent OUR Region with the pride and support from both the Big 9 and the IMAC conferences! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If Greeneville Hits the Three's all night it will be hard for DB...I'm saying the Greene Devils in a nail bitter by 1 or 2...Hopefully they pull it out unlike last year...

If Greeneville hits their 3's then this one will at least not be a total blowout. I think DB wins by about 15 just cause this is at Greeneville. Gash and Shortt cannot overcome the huge height advantage DB has.

DB's Post players have gotten alot of ink this season... rightfully so. They average combined 40 pts and 20 rebounds a night (Hardy, Edwards, Flack and Riggs). That is hard to beat. With that said, DB has had the best 2 gaurds on the court when #32 Jamel Williams and #22 Justin Sylvester are out there. Jamel has made all the difference in the world for this team. He is faster than you would ever think looking at him, silky smooth and makes good decisions. Sylvester is faster and can stroke the 3 or drive to the hoop.

Roll Tribe Roll

DB's Post players have gotten alot of ink this season... rightfully so. They average combined 40 pts and 20 rebounds a night (Hardy, Edwards, Flack and Riggs). That is hard to beat. With that said, DB has had the best 2 gaurds on the court when #32 Jamel Williams and #22 Justin Sylvester are out there. Jamel has made all the difference in the world for this team. He is faster than you would ever think looking at him, silky smooth and makes good decisions. Sylvester is faster and can stroke the 3 or drive to the hoop.

Roll Tribe Roll

DB should take care of Greeneville by at least 10...GHS is a 2 man show with no height...the two players are really good but stop one and they are gonna struggle....any thought on the CCHS and Science Hill game?

DB should take care of Greeneville by at least 10...GHS is a 2 man show with no height...the two players are really good but stop one and they are gonna struggle....any thought on the CCHS and Science Hill game?

Don??™t know anything about CC but a good ball handler is essential if you intend to stay in the game with SH. Defensive pressure can be relentless at times and they try to sub five in and five out which allows them to keep up the pressure throughout the entire game. They don??™t shoot the ball real well (most of the time) but if they can get someone else to take care of the ball at point and move Odem to the 2 position he has a stroke. Chris Smith is a natural born competitor and Dedrick Hancock would win Mr. Hustle on most any team, so they both can be dangerous. Gray is a veteran post player and is outsized but never out hustled in most cases. EVERY player is strong off the dribble. But most of their points will come in transition from their defense. If S. Bailey and A. Adams ever get it together the Toppers would be unstoppable. Adams is out of position??¦always has been and always will be. He??™s a very strong very athletic kid with good size and could dominate the boards...but loves to shoot the three!!! Had the powers to be pushed him to play post and taught him the tricks of that trade, he and his team would be much better off by now. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am leaving Kingsport by 5:00 so we can get to little Hal Gym... and I can't believe it but, we will be pulling for Science Hill in the opener. Good luck Toppers. You have no idea how hard that is to say, but I want to play them one more time, this year. I expect the Topper fans will stick around and half way pull for DB.

If South and Central's cheerleaders can hitch a ride, they will cheer for Cocke County and Greeneville.

DB is loaded and ready. The Indians seem re-focused after a little bit of a lul mid-to late season. The Post Players, and Guard play is just to much for a 2 man team. Tribe will roll over the Devils.

Roll Tribe Roll