Region 1 AAA

TommyMan37604

Cocke County penetrates to the basket very well and their 2 big guys crash the boards relentlessly. They don't shoot many 3's but if left open , they can knock it down. SH should have no problems if they stop dribble penetration and force them to stay out on the perimeter and they obviously have plenty of athletes that can do that. I have SH winning by 10 or 15 in this one.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cocke County penetrates to the basket very well and their 2 big guys crash the boards relentlessly. They don't shoot many 3's but if left open , they can knock it down. SH should have no problems if they stop dribble penetration and force them to stay out on the perimeter and they obviously have plenty of athletes that can do that. I have SH winning by 10 or 15 in this one.

havent watched science hill play but sounds like they are a small, fast, athletic team that can pressure the ball very well cause turnovers and get on the fast break in bunches...seems like they are small in the post and cant shoot all that well so if cocke county puts it into a half court game and cuts the turnovers down it should be a close game....cocke county has the advantage with kelley and dockery inside as they have a big size advantage...keeping kelly out of foul trouble is key...marcus is a good young soph pg that should be able to handle the pressure but not real sure about the two backup guards and their ability to handle the pressure...good players but might struggle with the athleticism of the pressure....science hill most likely takes it unless kelley and glenn can take over....but good luck

havent watched science hill play but sounds like they are a small, fast, athletic team that can pressure the ball very well cause turnovers and get on the fast break in bunches...seems like they are small in the post and cant shoot all that well so if cocke county puts it into a half court game and cuts the turnovers down it should be a close game....cocke county has the advantage with kelley and dockery inside as they have a big size advantage...keeping kelly out of foul trouble is key...marcus is a good young soph pg that should be able to handle the pressure but not real sure about the two backup guards and their ability to handle the pressure...good players but might struggle with the athleticism of the pressure....science hill most likely takes it unless kelley and glenn can take over....but good luck

if cocke county controls the boards, doesn't turn the ball over, can penetrate the basket, have their posts dominate offensively, and knock down open shots they can win the game.....science hill is a fast athletic team that pressures the ball and dribble and penetrates really good so its going to be a struggle especially for the guards of cchs

DB's Post players have gotten alot of ink this season... rightfully so. They average combined 40 pts and 20 rebounds a night (Hardy, Edwards, Flack and Riggs). That is hard to beat. With that said, DB has had the best 2 gaurds on the court when #32 Jamel Williams and #22 Justin Sylvester are out there. Jamel has made all the difference in the world for this team. He is faster than you would ever think looking at him, silky smooth and makes good decisions. Sylvester is faster and can stroke the 3 or drive to the hoop.

Roll Tribe Roll

He's not hitting them of late....or free throws

Does anyone remember last year when us Greeneville people were on here trash talking asking whether we were gonna win by 20 or 30????? Remember what happened that night????? We lost on a buzzer beater to DB!!! Devastation hit Greeneville because with Antwaine Wiggins we felt we were poised to make a run at a state championship!!! Didn't happen!! All im saying is DB is the better team, but so was Greeneville last year. Just because everything looks better on paper doesn't mean anything. Gash is the type of player that if they play man on him could explode for about 40. and as big as DB is J Short has moves and athleticism on the inside and can shoot the three. Key number for the game is 25. If Greeneville can get a combined 25 points from the other three starters and John Pendelton coming off the bench there COULD be an upset brewing. I know all you big nine people think there is no way that either of the almighty teams could get beat, but don't be surprised if one or both get beat. Another thing to remember, Coach Bill Duncan, Duncan is one of the best coaches in Tennessee and has an uncanny ability to win games that he "is not supposed" to win. Look at Maryville and Lee Humphrey, Science Hill three years ago, Arby's classic last year. One thing is a lock, Greeneville will be in the game because of their great Defense and Duncan's gameplan. However, being in it and winning it are two totally different things. Just don't be too shocked if the upset occurs, Greeneville fans felt how deflating it is to think there is no way a team can beat you and for them to end your season. Safe travel from JC and Kingsport tonight, hopefully the weather isn't too bad on you guys.

Does anyone remember last year when us Greeneville people were on here trash talking asking whether we were gonna win by 20 or 30????? Remember what happened that night????? We lost on a buzzer beater to DB!!! Devastation hit Greeneville because with Antwaine Wiggins we felt we were poised to make a run at a state championship!!! Didn't happen!! All im saying is DB is the better team, but so was Greeneville last year. Just because everything looks better on paper doesn't mean anything. Gash is the type of player that if they play man on him could explode for about 40. and as big as DB is J Short has moves and athleticism on the inside and can shoot the three. Key number for the game is 25. If Greeneville can get a combined 25 points from the other three starters and John Pendelton coming off the bench there COULD be an upset brewing. I know all you big nine people think there is no way that either of the almighty teams could get beat, but don't be surprised if one or both get beat. Another thing to remember, Coach Bill Duncan, Duncan is one of the best coaches in Tennessee and has an uncanny ability to win games that he "is not supposed" to win. Look at Maryville and Lee Humphrey, Science Hill three years ago, Arby's classic last year. One thing is a lock, Greeneville will be in the game because of their great Defense and Duncan's gameplan. However, being in it and winning it are two totally different things. Just don't be too shocked if the upset occurs, Greeneville fans felt how deflating it is to think there is no way a team can beat you and for them to end your season. Safe travel from JC and Kingsport tonight, hopefully the weather isn't too bad on you guys.

Greeneville wasn't the better team last year and that was proven on the floor (even with G-Ville shooting 21 FTs to D-B's 7)...higher ranked certainly doesn't make better - ask Maryville last year...Gash was held to 6 points by a man-to-man defender in last year's game...Coach Duncan has only beaten D-B once, two years ago in the regional final...even lost with Blair, Poore, and Malone a few years back...I expect a good game tonight...but not because of IMAC coaching...why would it be an upset if Duncan is so great and the Devils were conference champs and the "almighty" Big Nine teams can't be all that?...

Roll Tribe Roll

Greeneville wasn't the better team last year and that was proven on the floor (even with G-Ville shooting 21 FTs to D-B's 7)...higher ranked certainly doesn't make better - ask Maryville last year...Gash was held to 6 points by a man-to-man defender in last year's game...Coach Duncan has only beaten D-B once, two years ago in the regional final...even lost with Blair, Poore, and Malone a few years back...I expect a good game tonight...but not because of IMAC coaching...why would it be an upset if Duncan is so great and the Devils were conference champs and the "almighty" Big Nine teams can't be all that?...

Roll Tribe Roll

Greeneville played without their lockdown defender in the game last year, without question Greeneville wins the ballgame if Seth Ottinger didn't have the flu and Lance Bailey had to play. Gash was not a scorer last year, it was Wiggins and Wes Woods' job to score while Gash distributed. And if I remember correctly the game you speak of with Poore and Malone, DB had a good team as well. Went to the state tournament that year. and what does IMAC coaching have to do with it??? Do you not think Science Hill would love to have Duncan with their talent?? Just look at the lack of talent he has now and what he has done this year with a "two man team". All of you people from the Big 9 are so arrogant. How many times has a big nine team been to the state tournament in the last few years??????? Less than Greeneville. and with 3000 students I believe I could find 8 players a lot easier than finding 8 in a school of 850. And it would be an upset because you are 27-3 and in your mind there is no way you will lose tonight. would you not consider it an upset?? Oh by the way you wanna talk about officiating last year in the game, how bout the turning point of the game when Wiggins was two feet from being out of bounds and they said he was on the baseline?????

Greeneville played without their lockdown defender in the game last year, without question Greeneville wins the ballgame if Seth Ottinger didn't have the flu and Lance Bailey had to play. Gash was not a scorer last year, it was Wiggins and Wes Woods' job to score while Gash distributed. And if I remember correctly the game you speak of with Poore and Malone, DB had a good team as well. Went to the state tournament that year. and what does IMAC coaching have to do with it??? Do you not think Science Hill would love to have Duncan with their talent?? Just look at the lack of talent he has now and what he has done this year with a "two man team". All of you people from the Big 9 are so arrogant. How many times has a big nine team been to the state tournament in the last few years??????? Less than Greeneville. and with 3000 students I believe I could find 8 players a lot easier than finding 8 in a school of 850. And it would be an upset because you are 27-3 and in your mind there is no way you will lose tonight. would you not consider it an upset?? Oh by the way you wanna talk about officiating last year in the game, how bout the turning point of the game when Wiggins was two feet from being out of bounds and they said he was on the baseline?????

who was Ottinger going to stop?...D-B's leading scorer only had one point in last year's game, and to use your phrase "without question" if he scores half his tournament average D-B wins by 16...but, what happens in the game decides who was better (ask the Patriots)...Gash had 26 in the regional quarterfinal last year...D-B did make it to the state the year they beat Malone...and the next year, too...No, Science Hill would not want Duncan...there are no 3000 student schools in TN and D-B has 1810...Greeneville has a good team and a great tradition...I played against Tank Black, the Blue brothers, Danny Jagles (sp?), and more recently Marty Story was outstanding to watch...so somehow G-Ville has been able to find players...no arrogance, the Big 9 is a deeper league than the IMAC...and D-B has been to the state twice 03 & 04 and to the substate the past two years, don't know how many trips G-Ville has made...I see the two regular season conference champs playing one another, just like last year (D-B was co-champs last year)... and yes, D-B has the better record and played a tougher schedule..but the game is on Greeneville's home floor...I think D-B should win, as evidently you do, too...but when two champs play not sure there can be an upset...two feet from out of bounds, what angle did you have?...

Good luck tonight.

Roll Tribe Roll

I??™m not a DB fan but I have seen both DB and Greeneville play this year and frankly, IMO for the Greene Devils to keep this one close??¦Sylvester, Williams, and Hardy would all have to be out with the flu. And last year you did have the best player (Wiggins) but obviously not the better TEAM. This year you are once again a ONE man team??¦.but Gash is not Wiggins. Sylvester (the lockdown defender) will hold Gash to under 15 and this will be a BLOWOUT (20+ points)!!!

Just for the record THS went to the Big Dance in 01' and 05'. Science Hill lost to White Station in the Championship game in 01'. Greenville lost in the first round in 06' and in 03' after losing the Regional Championship to...yep you guessed it...DB! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By the way??¦WHERE IS WIGGINS???? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I??™m not a DB fan but I have seen both DB and Greeneville play this year and frankly, IMO for the Greene Devils to keep this one close??¦Sylvester, Williams, and Hardy would all have to be out with the flu. And last year you did have the best player (Wiggins) but obviously not the better TEAM. This year you are once again a ONE man team??¦.but Gash is not Wiggins. Sylvester (the lockdown defender) will hold Gash to under 15 and this will be a BLOWOUT (20+ points)!!!

Just for the record THS went to the Big Dance in 01' and 05'. Science Hill lost to White Station in the Championship game in 01'. Greenville lost in the first round in 06' and in 02' after losing the Regional Championship to...yep you guessed it...DB! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By the way??¦WHERE IS WIGGINS???? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

College of Charleston

Skunk, I was on that exact baseline standing on the floor in the Greeneville student section. The play happened right in front of me and it may not have been two feet but it was not close to being out of bounds. Ottinger would have shut down Sylvester who scored the majority of DB's points. Throp and Sensabaugh were both overrated and Sylverster was who Greeneville was most worried about and for good reason. I do expect DB to win the game but all im saying is don't be surprised if you are upset, and yes it will be an upset because you are 27-3 and we play in the IMAC. Which I agree the Big 9 (by the way can we change the name to the Super 9 or the unbeatable 9 since you all are so arrogant about your teams.) is deeper than the IMAC but last week it was the Super 9 is gonna sweep or at least win three. What happened??? 2-2. Pretty even if you ask me. and Greeneville has been in 02 04 06.

Cap 1, we all know your son plays for Tennessee High and by the way you only dream of him being where Wiggins is. Which is starting at a D1 school, College of Charleston. If that was a shot towards him concerning Wattad, don't you think Wiggins was smarter by going somewhere he can play instead of going to Georgetown and sitting on the end of the bench. And ill bet my house that Gash scores over 15 points tonight. Keep feeding the fuel those guys are reading your posts and all its doing is firing them up. Im not talking trash I just said don't be surprised if Greeneville wins the game. And Cap 1, where is Tennessee High??? AT THE HOUSE!!! courtesy of who??? "YOU GUESSED IT" Greeneville.

The most over used excuse on these boards! The smaller schools have built it in to throw out when they lose...they just put 5 guys out there not 3000! DB doesn't even have 1700 students much less 3000!

And let's don't go down the officiating road regarding last year's game. 21 free throws as a team (16 for Wiggins) vs. 7 for DB and the infamous call of a block AND a charge on the same play involving the same 2 players (that fouled Coty out I believe). The calls wont get any better tonight I'm sure at Hal.