Region 1 AAA

TommyMan37604

Skunk, I was on that exact baseline standing on the floor in the Greeneville student section. The play happened right in front of me and it may not have been two feet but it was not close to being out of bounds. Ottinger would have shut down Sylvester who scored the majority of DB's points. Throp and Sensabaugh were both overrated and Sylverster was who Greeneville was most worried about and for good reason. I do expect DB to win the game but all im saying is don't be surprised if you are upset, and yes it will be an upset because you are 27-3 and we play in the IMAC. Which I agree the Big 9 (by the way can we change the name to the Super 9 or the unbeatable 9 since you all are so arrogant about your teams.) is deeper than the IMAC but last week it was the Super 9 is gonna sweep or at least win three. What happened??? 2-2. Pretty even if you ask me. and Greeneville has been in 02 04 06.

Cap 1, we all know your son plays for Tennessee High and by the way you only dream of him being where Wiggins is. Which is starting at a D1 school, College of Charleston. If that was a shot towards him concerning Wattad, don't you think Wiggins was smarter by going somewhere he can play instead of going to Georgetown and sitting on the end of the bench. And ill bet my house that Gash scores over 15 points tonight. Keep feeding the fuel those guys are reading your posts and all its doing is firing them up. Im not talking trash I just said don't be surprised if Greeneville wins the game. And Cap 1, where is Tennessee High??? AT THE HOUSE!!! courtesy of who??? "YOU GUESSED IT" Greeneville.

Well that contradicts what Duncan said. ???He??™s our (University of Tennessee) Dane Bradshaw,??? said Duncan. ???He gets out of the doctor??™s office the other day with a steroid shot and he comes into the game and he has seven rebounds and draws three charges and that is what he does every game and we also put him on the best player. I had to put somebody on Sensabaugh tonight that couldn??™t guard me." So which is it? Was he to guard Sylvester or Sensabaugh? I have to agree though, if he was going to guard 2 players at the same time he WOULD have been the difference maker in the game!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adams is out of position??¦always has been and always will be. He??™s a very strong very athletic kid with good size and could dominate the boards...but loves to shoot the three!!! Had the powers to be pushed him to play post and taught him the tricks of that trade, he and his team would be much better off by now. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cap, you are definately right on this one. I didn't want to say it during the season but why is Adams not in the post? I heard Justin Hess once say Adams was the strongest player he ever played against and Hess was pretty strong. He would cure their biggest weakness besides their bad 3 point shooting.

Does anyone remember last year when us Greeneville people were on here trash talking asking whether we were gonna win by 20 or 30????? Remember what happened that night????? We lost on a buzzer beater to DB!!! Devastation hit Greeneville because with Antwaine Wiggins we felt we were poised to make a run at a state championship!!! Didn't happen!! All im saying is DB is the better team, but so was Greeneville last year. Just because everything looks better on paper doesn't mean anything. Gash is the type of player that if they play man on him could explode for about 40. and as big as DB is J Short has moves and athleticism on the inside and can shoot the three. Key number for the game is 25. If Greeneville can get a combined 25 points from the other three starters and John Pendelton coming off the bench there COULD be an upset brewing. I know all you big nine people think there is no way that either of the almighty teams could get beat, but don't be surprised if one or both get beat. Another thing to remember, Coach Bill Duncan, Duncan is one of the best coaches in Tennessee and has an uncanny ability to win games that he "is not supposed" to win. Look at Maryville and Lee Humphrey, Science Hill three years ago, Arby's classic last year. One thing is a lock, Greeneville will be in the game because of their great Defense and Duncan's gameplan. However, being in it and winning it are two totally different things. Just don't be too shocked if the upset occurs, Greeneville fans felt how deflating it is to think there is no way a team can beat you and for them to end your season. Safe travel from JC and Kingsport tonight, hopefully the weather isn't too bad on you guys.

Upsets happen all the time. I don't even know why DB is a favorite on Greeneville's home floor. Having said that, I think the difference in the game will be the depth of DB, but it won't show up until late in the game. They are kinda like the Vols in that they substitute by committee and usually wear other teams down by the end of the game.

Upsets happen all the time. I don't even know why DB is a favorite on Greeneville's home floor. Having said that, I think the difference in the game will be the depth of DB, but it won't show up until late in the game. They are kinda like the Vols in that they substitute by committee and usually wear other teams down by the end of the game.

I would think the DB advantage would be another dimension besides depth. Greeneville is well conditioned and has always played tough til the end....Greeneville just doesn't match up well against the "bigs". Height will be the difference.

I guess all the cheap talk didn't help any as DB wins easly even though they didn't play well at all. The Indians will have to play much better to beat Science Hill Thursday night. Looks like Science Hill is hitting their stride at the right time. I can't figure DB out. They just can't put a whole game together.

Did Duncan shake hands this time?

Yes, Bill was gracious in defeat. DB is a very good team. Our lack of height was a big issue. DB played a foot over our heads on the inside. Tremaine Gash was something else, win or lose. I hope to see a very good game Thursday night between the Toppers and Indians. Good luck to Region I rest of the way out and lets play in the Boro. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

last night the two Big 9 teams were better than the two IMAC teams

(4-2 regional tournament record)...Sylvester wouldn't have been "shut down" last year...Throp and Sensabaugh were not overrated...and as Cap1 said, Greeneville had the best player, not the best team, both last year and last night...nor did they have the best coach...

Greeneville played hard last night, Gash was very solid...good game plan, I thought they left it a bit too soon; part of that was due to D-B deciding to take it inside and the 2nd quarter Riggs had...but a very respectable performance...a good game.

The "Hill" looked outstanding...but Cocke County didn't look very good, obviously part of that was due to the Toppers...

The IMAC has both the girls teams in the regional finals...and the Big 9 has both the boys teams in the regional finals...same two as last year...and they will get either Oak Ridge or Bearden on Monday...

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk, I was on that exact baseline standing on the floor in the Greeneville student section. The play happened right in front of me and it may not have been two feet but it was not close to being out of bounds. Ottinger would have shut down Sylvester who scored the majority of DB's points. Throp and Sensabaugh were both overrated and Sylverster was who Greeneville was most worried about and for good reason. I do expect DB to win the game but all im saying is don't be surprised if you are upset, and yes it will be an upset because you are 27-3 and we play in the IMAC. Which I agree the Big 9 (by the way can we change the name to the Super 9 or the unbeatable 9 since you all are so arrogant about your teams.) is deeper than the IMAC but last week it was the Super 9 is gonna sweep or at least win three. What happened??? 2-2. Pretty even if you ask me. and Greeneville has been in 02 04 06.

Cap 1, we all know your son plays for Tennessee High and by the way you only dream of him being where Wiggins is. Which is starting at a D1 school, College of Charleston. If that was a shot towards him concerning Wattad, don't you think Wiggins was smarter by going somewhere he can play instead of going to Georgetown and sitting on the end of the bench. And ill bet my house that Gash scores over 15 points tonight. Keep feeding the fuel those guys are reading your posts and all its doing is firing them up. Im not talking trash I just said don't be surprised if Greeneville wins the game. And Cap 1, where is Tennessee High??? AT THE HOUSE!!! courtesy of who??? "YOU GUESSED IT" Greeneville.

I was late reading your spill so??¦well??¦most of it is non-and-void since we know who the better team is at this point and the Big 9 (Super 9 if your from the IMAC) will once again be the representation from Region 1. I have one question??¦how could you let the word ???overrated??? come out of your mouth when referring to Throp and Sensabaugh when Wiggins is going to College of Charleston? Wasn??™t Wiggins billed as the BEST player in this region (or this half of TN to hear Greeneville fans talk)? I have nothing bad to say about Wiggins because he??™s a good kid and he is doing his thing at CC, but you have to admit that if he were offered an opportunity to play at Georgetown University (one of the Big boys, not a school that merely plays with the Big boys) he would have been sitting right next to Wattad. So??¦yes I think Omar made a good choice. In reality both will need a job in the real world in about 3 years??¦and a Bachelors degree from Georgetown University looks REAL good on a resume.

As far as my son is concerned??¦you are right I do dream of him playing at the next level and making an impact as Wiggins has. But more than that I want him to get the best education possible without either of us having to go into debt??¦ya know what I mean. That is the goal; playing basketball (or football) is just the vehicle. You never know....he??™s just a Junior this year so you never know. He definitely benefits from this being the second time around for us.

Don??™t mean to bust your ???Orange bubble??? because last night had to be real disappointing for you after DB and Vandy and all, but here is something I think you should know before you come on here spouting off facts about YOUR school again. Greeneville has only been to the State Tournament 2 times in recent years (03??™ and 06??™). They lost to Daniel Boone in the first round of the Regionals in 04???, and lost to Science Hill in the second round of the Regionals in 02??™. It's all posted on the TSSAA website if you want to see for yourself.

To DB and SH.....THAT'S WHAT I"M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!! LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was late reading your spill so??¦well??¦most of it is non-and-void since we know who the better team is at this point and the Big 9 (Super 9 if your from the IMAC) will once again be the representation from Region 1. I have one question??¦how could you let the word ???overrated??? come out of your mouth when referring to Throp and Sensabaugh when Wiggins is going to College of Charleston? Wasn??™t Wiggins billed as the BEST player in this region (or this half of TN to hear Greeneville fans talk)? I have nothing bad to say about Wiggins because he??™s a good kid and he is doing his thing at CC, but you have to admit that if he were offered an opportunity to play at Georgetown University (one of the Big boys, not a school that merely plays with the Big boys) he would have been sitting right next to Wattad. So??¦yes I think Omar made a good choice. In reality both will need a job in the real world in about 3 years??¦and a Bachelors degree from Georgetown University looks REAL good on a resume.

As far as my son is concerned??¦you are right I do dream of him playing at the next level and making an impact as Wiggins has. But more than that I want him to get the best education possible without either of us having to go into debt??¦ya know what I mean. That is the goal; playing basketball (or football) is just the vehicle. You never know....he??™s just a Junior this year so you never know. He definitely benefits from this being the second time around for us.

Don??™t mean to bust your ???Orange bubble??? because last night had to be real disappointing for you after DB and Vandy and all, but here is something I think you should know before you come on here spouting off facts about YOUR school again. Greeneville has only been to the State Tournament 2 times in recent years (03??™ and 06??™). They lost to Daniel Boone in the first round of the Regionals in 04???, and lost to Science Hill in the second round of the Regionals in 02??™. It's all posted on the TSSAA website if you want to see for yourself.

To DB and SH.....THAT'S WHAT I"M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!! LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess if your team isn't good enough to beat us you must jump on someones bandwaggon. And I agree 100% with your thoughts about your son, I do think he can play ball at the next level and the education is more important than being known for playing college sports. However, I disagree with the Wattad comment. Wiggins had offers from Miami, Michigan, and Louisville (who spanked Georgetown a few weeks ago) I'm really good friends with both Antwaine and Omar and Antwaine starts and plays over 30 minutes a ball game and is very happy that he went somewhere he could contribute. Omar on the other hand is disappointed and frustrated because he doesn't play. He is considering transferring after this year to, yep you guessed it College of Charleston because he wants to play and contribute. So having an inside track to what both of them are thinking and feel I would say Antwaine made the better decision.

As for Science Hill and DB, Great job of moving on last night!!! Hats off to ya!! Represent East Tennessee and Region One well Monday night.