Region 1 AAA

TommyMan37604

I guess if your team isn't good enough to beat us you must jump on someones bandwaggon. And I agree 100% with your thoughts about your son, I do think he can play ball at the next level and the education is more important than being known for playing college sports. However, I disagree with the Wattad comment. Wiggins had offers from Miami, Michigan, and Louisville (who spanked Georgetown a few weeks ago) I'm really good friends with both Antwaine and Omar and Antwaine starts and plays over 30 minutes a ball game and is very happy that he went somewhere he could contribute. Omar on the other hand is disappointed and frustrated because he doesn't play. He is considering transferring after this year to, yep you guessed it College of Charleston because he wants to play and contribute. So having an inside track to what both of them are thinking and feel I would say Antwaine made the better decision.

As for Science Hill and DB, Great job of moving on last night!!! Hats off to ya!! Represent East Tennessee and Region One well Monday night.

Congratulations on a great game last night Tremaine.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if your team isn't good enough to beat us you must jump on someones bandwaggon. And I agree 100% with your thoughts about your son, I do think he can play ball at the next level and the education is more important than being known for playing college sports. However, I disagree with the Wattad comment. Wiggins had offers from Miami, Michigan, and Louisville (who spanked Georgetown a few weeks ago) I'm really good friends with both Antwaine and Omar and Antwaine starts and plays over 30 minutes a ball game and is very happy that he went somewhere he could contribute. Omar on the other hand is disappointed and frustrated because he doesn't play. He is considering transferring after this year to, yep you guessed it College of Charleston because he wants to play and contribute. So having an inside track to what both of them are thinking and feel I would say Antwaine made the better decision.

As for Science Hill and DB, Great job of moving on last night!!! Hats off to ya!! Represent East Tennessee and Region One well Monday night.

From a young mans perspective (and a person that I??™m sure has a good size ego) I can see where Omar could be frustrated, but believe me if he hangs in there and he comes to the point of when he can look back at his decision it will make perfect sense to him. If he stays patient he will eventually get to play. I??™m dealing with the reverse situation with my oldest. He had other D1 AA offers but opted to go with King because of George Pitts, the promise of going D2, and immediate playing time. His team has been successful and he gets to play all he wants; and has (IMO) represented our Region very well just as Antwaine and I??™m sure others have??¦but he is longing for that ???Big campus??? experience. He has several friends that are attending larger schools that he has had a chance to visit UT, UK, and USC...and it goes without saying that there is a BIG difference in the social aspects of these schools vs. King. He and I??™m sure any player in this Region or State would do anything to have the opportunity to sit on the Hoya bench on ESPN!

As for jumping on wagons...when my team is eliminated I support the teams in Conference first, Region second, and if all ells fails then I jump on Maryville??™s wagon. You usually can??™t go wrong their. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DB vs. Science Hill for the 4th time. My guess is, this will be the best game of all 4 meetings. Science Hill looked great against Cocke County last night.

1 thing... To those Greeneville fans who just have to be jerks and set on the VISTORS SIDE... If you don't want to hear it from the VISITOR'S, go sit on YOUR SIDE!! That bunch of fans (50 of 'em or so) are low rent district.

Looking forward to a great District 1 Region Final

Roll Tribe Roll

DB vs. Science Hill for the 4th time. My guess is, this will be the best game of all 4 meetings. Science Hill looked great against Cocke County last night.

1 thing... To those Greeneville fans who just have to be jerks and set on the VISTORS SIDE... If you don't want to hear it from the VISITOR'S, go sit on YOUR SIDE!! That bunch of fans (50 of 'em or so) are low rent district.

Looking forward to a great District 1 Region Final

Roll Tribe Roll

Art, those were Central and South fans. I saw them putting on their "green" in the parking lot.

From a young mans perspective (and a person that I??™m sure has a good size ego) I can see where Omar could be frustrated, but believe me if he hangs in there and he comes to the point of when he can look back at his decision it will make perfect sense to him. If he stays patient he will eventually get to play. I??™m dealing with the reverse situation with my oldest. He had other D1 AA offers but opted to go with King because of George Pitts, the promise of going D2, and immediate playing time. His team has been successful and he gets to play all he wants; and has (IMO) represented our Region very well just as Antwaine and I??™m sure others have??¦but he is longing for that ???Big campus??? experience. He has several friends that are attending larger schools that he has had a chance to visit UT, UK, and USC...and it goes without saying that there is a BIG difference in the social aspects of these schools vs. King. He and I??™m sure any player in this Region or State would do anything to have the opportunity to sit on the Hoya bench on ESPN!

As for jumping on wagons...when my team is eliminated I support the teams in Conference first, Region second, and if all ells fails then I jump on Maryville??™s wagon. You usually can??™t go wrong their. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ha, yeah your right it is hard to go wrong when jumping on the Maryville Rebels wagon lol. And no doubt there is a huge difference in the campuses. Not to mention the many more students he would have an opportunity to meet and become friends with, but there is nothing wrong with playing college ball anywhere. As for Omar, I talked to him tonight after the Georgetown game (which he got an oppurtunity to play a few minutes in) and I told him just what you are saying, Hang in there buy your time and you'll get to play. And said just sit there and enjoy watching one of the great big men in college play, but seriously how sweet would it be to see Omar, Antwaine, and Tony White Jr. (Bearden) on the same floor playing together??? I would pay to see that.

What happens if SHHS loses for the 4th time this year to the hated tribe? Does that mean people will jump on the coaching staff again or will that mean they will wake up and see that SHHS can not match up with DB height wise. But Seriously when has a DB team beaten SHHS 3 much less 4 times in one year?

Science Hill looked like the better team Tuesday night but maybe it was just their opponets were that much different. DB may have their hands full tonight they did not look that good against Greeneville and show signs of peaking a little early. Win or lose both will have a tough job Monday in sectional. Good luck to both.

Dobyns-Bennett completes the season sweep of the Hilltoppers with a 64-59 victory on a Todd Halvorsen 3 pointer with 3 seconds left in the game. DB was up by as much as 18 points in the first half but got complacent at the time when Science Hill was turning up their pressure. This has got to the 1st time one team has beaten Science Hill 4 times in one season, but the Indians got it done.

With the win, DB goes undefeated against ALL Big 9 teams throughout the entire season. They won the Conference Championship, District tournament Championship, and Region tournament Championship. How's that for a season?

On a side note, it was good to see that the Northeast Tennessee refs did not fail to disappoint in one of their last games of the season throwing out another spectator. I realize that refereeing is not a desireable job by most, but can the TSSAA not find anyone better than this?