Region 2A Tournament

vols

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so too. The teams from the other district seem weak this year. I could be surprised...but I highly doubt it. It will be two of the four teams you mentioned in the region championship.

I think that Wartburg, Coalfield, O.S., and oakdale will win the first round of the Regions

I agree that District 4 is stronger, much stronger than district 3. But I won't count a couple of teams out.

Rockwood @ Wartburg. Should be a win for the Dogs. Rockwood has really impressed me this year, especially since they have so much youth and inexperience.

Oakdale @ Greenback. Greenback is a far cry from their past few teams, but still pulled the regular season and district title. Oakdale finished 4th in the tourney, but should win this game in a close one.

Midway @ OS. OS is the best A team east of the plateau. They are not as good as last year and not nearly as much momentum going into the regions as last year, but will win this one with considerable ease.

Coalfield @ Harriman. Coalfield beat OS during the regular season, which was OS's first district loss since the Carter administration it seems. But Harriman has played some good ball since Christmas. I will pick the Lady Devils in somewhat of an upset.

I predict Wartburg and Oliver Springs to be playing for the Region title. They have both proven to be the better teams this year.

Wartburg vs. Oakdale - It will be another close game between these two, but I think Wartburg will pull it out..especially if Settles is back. I say Wartburg by 8.

Oliver Springs vs. Coalfield - This one will probably be close in the first half, but Oliver Springs will dominate in the second half and win by 20 or so.

I believe we will see some more great games next week at Wartburg for the regional semi-finals. Coalfield has been the only team in the district this year to beat Oliver Springs and I think They have a shot at beating them again. Oakdale has lost to Wartburg three times this year and the Snow's want be beat a forth time. I believe were in for some huge upsets in the Regional sem-finals.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I thought Settles wouldnt be back until the 28th. Either way I think the Lady Dawgs are very capable of pulling this one off. It is very hard to beat a good team 4 times in one season but I think when youve got a teams number its possible to beat them a 4th time. Unfortunately I think that OS will beat Coalfield. The Lady Jackets are not firing on all cylinders now as previously in the season. Good luck to all.