Region 2A Tournament

vols

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprises here! I have thought that Wartburg has a better club than Oakdale, and last nights results pretty much confirmed that assessment. I'm sure that statement will probably get SDO all bent out of shape, but the proof is in the pudding. OS is better than Coalfield. Yeah, they fell asleep one night this season and Coalfield was the recipient of that "hospitality". Truth is.....Coalfield won the one out of twenty in the game in the regular season. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

How will the chamionship game turn out.....I don't know.....but you'd be wrong if you don't think Wartburg can win! That doesn't mean they will, but they are certainly capable!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No surprises here! I have thought that Wartburg has a better club than Oakdale, and last nights results pretty much confirmed that assessment. I'm sure that statement will probably get SDO all bent out of shape, but the proof is in the pudding. OS is better than Coalfield. Yeah, they fell asleep one night this season and Coalfield was the recipient of that "hospitality". Truth is.....Coalfield won the one out of twenty in the game in the regular season. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

How will the chamionship game turn out.....I don't know.....but you'd be wrong if you don't think Wartburg can win! That doesn't mean they will, but they are certainly capable!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think to say OS simply feel asleep against Coalfield the first game is a pitiful excuse. To be number one, you have to take responsibility for your wins and losses. I saw that game and Coalfield played great defense, rebounded, and out hustled OS. The game last night could have been a huge upset if Coalfield had pulled down more rebounds and had a couple of breaks on some of the calls. It was down to three at one point in the fourth. OS played well also. They were making good passes, playing as a team, and playing good defense. It was a battle the whole game and the only reason the win was by ten is because of fouling and hit free throws on the OS side. I think both teams deserve credit for their hard work. OS is better in some aspects, but they are also older and more experienced. Coalfield plays about six sophomores one freshman and one senior. OS plays mostly seniors and juniors. OS has much stronger and more patient gaurds, but Coalfield has the upperhand in the post area. You could break both teams down and find many positives and negatives on both sides. Next year should be interesting. Congrats to OS for the victory and hope they take it all the way this year.

I listened to the game last night and it sounded like OS was a little short handed, kids with the flu. If that is the case then that was a good win for OS! Coalfield played good also from the way it sounded. Does anybody know anything about this?

Could this be why it was a 10 point game? I think it was Ollis that was not there at all. I think someone was sick too.

OS didn't play their best, but Wartburg had a lot to do with that. Wartburg is a good team and had a chance to win two other games against OS this season. Plus trying to win at Wartburg for a third time in one season is asking a bit much.

The good news for OS is they are still alive. If they are to win Saturday I think they must rebound better. Wartburg killed them on the boards in their last two meetings and that kept OS from running and it gave Wartburg some easy put back attempts.

I also hope OS is healthy. Hall and Ollis are still getting over the flu and they weren't 100 percent tonight. Kayla also looked tired tonight. Her mom told me she's not sick, but she is tired. She has played a lot of minutes this year, but I have a feeling she'll be primed and ready to go Saturday.

Good luck to both teams Saturday.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Congrats to the mighty Lady Dawgs. Wish I could of been there but had to work . Cant wait til Sat, will defintely be there . The Dawg Pound will surely be rocking. Keep working hard. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to the Lady Dogs

Also, congrats to O'dell and Ruppe from Oakdale on All Region Honors.

Goosevol,

Sounds like you are making excuses for why O.S. wasn't 100 percent. How about the fact that Wartburg was at about 80% themselves with All District Settles still iin street clothes. If she had been healthy last night that wartburg team would have won by 15!

Wartburg simply out hustled, out rebounded, and played better defense than Oliver Springs. Wartburg's packed in zone worked wonderfully against OS. They stopped the drive and OS couldn't hit outside. Congrats to the Lady Dogs for a well deserved win. OS will have to pick it up Saturday and get a big win to gain some more momentum going into the state tournament or they will be put out first round. They have had some sickness, but so has every other team in east TN. I would like to see the ones that are not sick to pick up the slack and play to their potential. Good luck to OS and Wartburg.