IMAC 2008

mwtfan

Is it too early to talk IMAC softball? Who's your favorite? Can the reigning District Champs from Hawkins County do it again? Can MW keep its momentum after losing 7 seniors? Is ME ready to go again? Is JC back after a year of breaking in a lot of young talent? Will Greeneville and CC continue their improvement? Which new coach will fare the best? Let's get it started guys. Statman3, JC#1Fan, Lance & all the rest - it's softball time!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too early to talk IMAC softball? Who's your favorite? Can the reigning District Champs from Hawkins County do it again? Can MW keep its momentum after losing 7 seniors? Is ME ready to go again? Is JC back after a year of breaking in a lot of young talent? Will Greeneville and CC continue their improvement? Which new coach will fare the best? Let's get it started guys. Statman3, JC#1Fan, Lance & all the rest - it's softball time!

Your preseason exuberance is noted mwtfan. Seems a little Florida sunshine has brough renewed expectations of crowns and treasures. But alas you are correct, it is time to get the softball juices flowing.

Haven't really given a lot of thought, but I assume Cherokee has to be the preseason favorite. Senior laden and fully equipped. New head coach and I'm sure excitement to begin their final season. More to come later.

Florida sunshine brings a smile to Trojan fans.

Cocke County gets two highly skilled freshman and begin to turn the corner.

Gville some great youth and may still need another year or two.

The Canes - but of course - are back and ready to play. Time will tell, but if the get it together -- watch out.

Jeff - big influx of youth and fired up coach gets them ready to go this year as well.

Looks like a more difficult year for Lance's Losers, but I will polish the ball. My 97% mark of last year is probably in jeapardy.

GO IMAC!!!

Cherokee returns 8 starters from last year's district championship team. 4 are seniors, 3 are juniors and 1 is sophomore. Each of these ladies have been varsity starters for their entire high school careers to date. So not only some seniors, but tons of experience. The only problem is the one they lost was one of the two pitchers. We'll have to see how that impacts them over the course of the season. They have another sophomore ready to step in and contribute more, but also some good freshmen coming in to compete for that spot and others.

M East lost one of their two top pitchers as several seniors from last year moved on. However, they have pitching coming up to help and as always are reloading with talent. Don't think they will skip a beat replacing those positions.

M West as always, will be very offensive. The question going into this year was going to be the strength of pitching. Sounds like that may be resolved with as lance calls it "a little florida sunshine".

Jeff County in my opinion, surprised last year with how strong they played with a very young team. If they build from there...watch out.

Greenville has enough talent to start making some noise in the IMAC. Don't know anything about the new coach, but with the right leadership, they could be the sleeper.

Cocke County may be beginning to build something...just don't know them that well. Probably a couple years out though.

I think the biggest question may be how all the teams with new coaching respond to the new leadership.

Looks like West and Jeff are playing in the Soddy tournament which should tell a little on how IMAC stacks up this year to other areas. Cherokee has a tough schedule at the Gibbs torunament including a date with Brentwood who was nationally ranked in 2007.

Should be a lot of fun this year.

Hello everyone!! I suppose Florida Sunshine is nice, however I haven't seen it yet. I would have to agree that Cherokee is the early favorite for sure (pitching is good to go even though they lost a good one - c'mon we only play 1 game a day) and East is nipping at their heels. I think West may start a little slow because of all the new faces, but by the end of the year should be in the hunt. Jeff is definetly going to make some noise. Greeneville will spoil somebody's season & I, like statman, am not sure what to expect from Cocke County. Last year we seemed to haved regulars from West, East, Jeff & Cherokee. It would be nice to have regular contributors from Greeneville & Cocke County. Help us out guys!

West has Central & Unicoi in pre-season matchups - those should be interesting games. They also are slated to play GPS at Soddy Daisy. GPS is the defending Div II State Champ & finished 2nd in 06 & 05. Anyone know anything about them this year and what their prospects are?

Hello everyone!! I suppose Florida Sunshine is nice, however I haven't seen it yet. I would have to agree that Cherokee is the early favorite for sure (pitching is good to go even though they lost a good one - c'mon we only play 1 game a day) and East is nipping at their heels. I think West may start a little slow because of all the new faces, but by the end of the year should be in the hunt. Jeff is definetly going to make some noise. Greeneville will spoil somebody's season & I, like statman, am not sure what to expect from Cocke County. Last year we seemed to haved regulars from West, East, Jeff & Cherokee. It would be nice to have regular contributors from Greeneville & Cocke County. Help us out guys!

West has Central & Unicoi in pre-season matchups - those should be interesting games. They also are slated to play GPS at Soddy Daisy. GPS is the defending Div II State Champ & finished 2nd in 06 & 05. Anyone know anything about them this year and what their prospects are?

Hey guys JC#1fan here. Its that time again and here we go. Cherokee figures to be the horse to ride out of the gate, winning the conference and only losing one senior should do that for you. The pitching is strong there(Gilbert is as good as they get)Remember though this is the IMAC! East is loaded with talent exspecially on the offensive side of the ball and should figure in to the conference picture if they can play together as a team. West's only concern after last year was the loss of senior leadership and pitching; however rumor has it pitching may no longer be a problem(we'll have to see) JC is young and getting younger. the majority of their talent pool lies in the softmore and freshman classes. Pitching is solid at JCHS with Hill returning to the mound and the addition of a talented freshman pitcher(Leon), should be a combination like Cherokee had last year. JCHS has enough pitching and defense to compete for the conference title, but they must prove they can score. They could have competed for the title last year if they could have scored. We'll find out tommorrow as they go to Farragut for a scrimmage. I'll post something tommorrow after the game. Greeneville will be Greeneville. They will compete, but the lack of a complete team will be their downfall. I guarantee they will come to play ball. I have a lot of friends in the Greeneville community and there is enough talent there to win this conference every year, but five high schools is a disadvantage for them when competing in this conference. Cocke County will be improved with the addition of two new freshmen. Nicole Ball could start for anyone in the conference as a freshman. If they can find no more ptiching she will probably be the starter, but if they move her to short stop look out. The story this year will not be the talent. Every team in the conference can be spoilers for any other team . The story is the new coaching. With new coaches at four schools the question is can they motivate their athletes to compete and are their coaching skills up to IMAC standards. This is going to be a great season because nobody knows what is goning to happen. Should be a shootout every game and I can't wait. See you all at the ballpark!!!!!!

Hey guys JC#1fan here. Its that time again and here we go. Cherokee figures to be the horse to ride out of the gate, winning the conference and only losing one senior should do that for you. The pitching is strong there(Gilbert is as good as they get)Remember though this is the IMAC! East is loaded with talent exspecially on the offensive side of the ball and should figure in to the conference picture if they can play together as a team. West's only concern after last year was the loss of senior leadership and pitching; however rumor has it pitching may no longer be a problem(we'll have to see) JC is young and getting younger. the majority of their talent pool lies in the softmore and freshman classes. Pitching is solid at JCHS with Hill returning to the mound and the addition of a talented freshman pitcher(Leon), should be a combination like Cherokee had last year. JCHS has enough pitching and defense to compete for the conference title, but they must prove they can score. They could have competed for the title last year if they could have scored. We'll find out tommorrow as they go to Farragut for a scrimmage. I'll post something tommorrow after the game. Greeneville will be Greeneville. They will compete, but the lack of a complete team will be their downfall. I guarantee they will come to play ball. I have a lot of friends in the Greeneville community and there is enough talent there to win this conference every year, but five high schools is a disadvantage for them when competing in this conference. Cocke County will be improved with the addition of two new freshmen. Nicole Ball could start for anyone in the conference as a freshman. If they can find no more ptiching she will probably be the starter, but if they move her to short stop look out. The story this year will not be the talent. Every team in the conference can be spoilers for any other team . The story is the new coaching. With new coaches at four schools the question is can they motivate their athletes to compete and are their coaching skills up to IMAC standards. This is going to be a great season because nobody knows what is goning to happen. Should be a shootout every game and I can't wait. See you all at the ballpark!!!!!!

Good job JC fan --------- until you got to the end. "Nobody knows what is going to happen" -- tell him mwtfan. Lance already knows. BUT -- I will report a week at a time. No sense in spoiling it for everyone.

Your preseason exuberance is noted mwtfan. Seems a little Florida sunshine has brough renewed expectations of crowns and treasures. But alas you are correct, it is time to get the softball juices flowing.

Haven't really given a lot of thought, but I assume Cherokee has to be the preseason favorite. Senior laden and fully equipped. New head coach and I'm sure excitement to begin their final season. More to come later.

Florida sunshine brings a smile to Trojan fans.

Cocke County gets two highly skilled freshman and begin to turn the corner.

Gville some great youth and may still need another year or two.

The Canes - but of course - are back and ready to play. Time will tell, but if the get it together -- watch out.

Jeff - big influx of youth and fired up coach gets them ready to go this year as well.

Looks like a more difficult year for Lance's Losers, but I will polish the ball. My 97% mark of last year is probably in jeapardy.

GO IMAC!!!

Well now someone actually isn't putting Jeff down. Wow after the whole ducks running around the pond thing last year after losing to Greenville this surpirses me... Hmm, ya well Jeff does have a fired up coach and an awesome defense. The Scrimmage against Farragut was very well battled. Farragut didn't have much on our defense...

Well now someone actually isn't putting Jeff down. Wow after the whole ducks running around the pond thing last year after losing to Greenville this surpirses me... Hmm, ya well Jeff does have a fired up coach and an awesome defense. The Scrimmage against Farragut was very well battled. Farragut didn't have much on our defense...

How did your scrimmage turn out. Farragut should have one of the strongest teams in Region 2 this year.

For that matter are there any other early season scrimmage reports out there and can anyone provide a breakdown of where IMAC teams will be participating in scrimmages/playdays?

How did your scrimmage turn out. Farragut should have one of the strongest teams in Region 2 this year.

For that matter are there any other early season scrimmage reports out there and can anyone provide a breakdown of where IMAC teams will be participating in scrimmages/playdays?

Farragut vs. JCHS very interesting. Typical early season srimmage. The girls played 1 game 13 innings long. Hill ptiched first 6 innings_8 Ks_no walks score tied 0-0 igoing to the bottom of 6th when HIll hit lead off batter and there were two consecutive errors on freshman 3rd baseman that allowed Farragut to score 1 run, After that there was a lot of player subtitutions. New pitcher for Jeff gave up 5 runs in the bottom of 7 including no out grand slam. Jeff battled back to a score of 6-3 at the end of 13 innings. Leon freshman pitcher for Jeff pitched two innings giving up no runs. Overall Jeff looked strong defensively with the exception of few early season errors, they seem to very deep this year with a lot more options than last. JC hit the ball fairly well for early in the season just couldn't score. Like JC fan said pitching and defence not the problem scoring is the issue New head coach had the troups fired up. With the starting team on the field Farragut(as mentioned befere one of the best in D-2 AAA) had all they could handle with a team composed of mostly softmores and freshmen. JCHS will play them twice this regular season should be interesting. Lady Patriots seem to have their muskets loaded and their sites set. Little duckies may have turned into beautiful swan this year, don't forget Hill was not on the mound at Greeneville in the loss as she was both times they defeated Greeneville last year.

Farragut vs. JCHS very interesting. Typical early season srimmage. The girls played 1 game 13 innings long. Hill ptiched first 6 innings_8 Ks_no walks score tied 0-0 igoing to the bottom of 6th when HIll hit lead off batter and there were two consecutive errors on freshman 3rd baseman that allowed Farragut to score 1 run, After that there was a lot of player subtitutions. New pitcher for Jeff gave up 5 runs in the bottom of 7 including no out grand slam. Jeff battled back to a score of 6-3 at the end of 13 innings. Leon freshman pitcher for Jeff pitched two innings giving up no runs. Overall Jeff looked strong defensively with the exception of few early season errors, they seem to very deep this year with a lot more options than last. JC hit the ball fairly well for early in the season just couldn't score. Like JC fan said pitching and defence not the problem scoring is the issue New head coach had the troups fired up. With the starting team on the field Farragut(as mentioned befere one of the best in D-2 AAA) had all they could handle with a team composed of mostly softmores and freshmen. JCHS will play them twice this regular season should be interesting. Lady Patriots seem to have their muskets loaded and their sites set. Little duckies may have turned into beautiful swan this year, don't forget Hill was not on the mound at Greeneville in the loss as she was both times they defeated Greeneville last year.

To keep my integrity intact on this board (ha! ha!) I must regretfully make a correction from my post on the JCHS vs. Farragut post. The final score after 13 innings was 8-3 Farragut as new pitcher entered for JCHS in last inning and gave up two more runs. Don't misspercieve what I am saying Farragut rotated their team as well, but the two starting teams were very well matched. Score after "starting" teams left field 1-0 Farragut on hit batsman and two botched routine plays at third. Lance as you may well recall I broke my crystal ball last year, but am happy to report the purchase of a new one. I got it from the Betsy Ross school for phsychics it does however tend to predict all scores in favor of PATRIOTS!!!

I agree with you all, the JC program has a lot of talent in the freshmen and sophmore classes and it should be a great year.