IMAC 2008

mwtfan

To all Greenevile and Cocke County fans and players,

I saw a lot of very talented youth on both of these ball clubs this year. When you played outside the IMAC, you enjoyed a tremendous amount of success and inside the IMAC these youthful players gained a tremendous amount of experience. I think both programs are liined up to have several good years ahead of them.

I don't see it getting much easier with the returning players and incoming talent at East, West, Jeff and Cherokee, but I can see the whole conference getting stronger top to bottom.

Work hard this summer and 2009 should be a great season of high school softball in the IMAC.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To paraphrase an old friend: ##$%%@!!! &^****####! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

I know what you guys mean. The IMAC has lived up to preseason hype - it has been brutal to say the least. On another note - Lance - you did it again.

Well, what can you say? Good season Lady Trojans: You won 20 games this year against some pretty darn tough competition; for the 3rd year in a row you at least shared the Conference title; you won the Eastman tournament which is believed to be the first in-season tournament West has ever won; you beat East, Cherokee and Jefferson County a combined 7 times (wow!) and you made everyone proud with the way you competed a year after losing eight seniors (six of whom moved on to college softball, a seventh who COULD have and 1 who is playing college basketball). So long and good luck to the 2 outstanding seniors who won a lot of ball games in their time at West. We're gonna miss you!!! To those remaining: work hard in the off-season & come back stronger, faster and better than you are now.

Congrats to East & Cherokee & good luck to both tonight!

At least one of you, PLEASE make it to Murfreesboro & fly the IMAC flag!!!

See you at the ballpark.

Congratulations Morristown East!

Lance.....The East girls certainly validated your "Year of the IBUS" campain tonight.

Those East bats are EXTREMELY hot right now and they picked the right time of the year to show it.

Good luck Monday night and I hope to see the lady chiefs get a "do-over" Wednesday.

Congratulations Morristown East!

Lance.....The East girls certainly validated your "Year of the IBUS" campain tonight.

Those East bats are EXTREMELY hot right now and they picked the right time of the year to show it.

Good luck Monday night and I hope to see the lady chiefs get a "do-over" Wednesday.

I hate that I ruined it for everyone early (next year - I'll save some suspense).

I'm sure Gilbert will accept the challenge. She looked a little fatigued tonight, and pitched a lot of innings down the stretch, but she is a warrior.

Over 10,000 views for a lame string - not too shabby mwtfan.

Let's do it again next year.

GO IMAC.

My gosh, did East go nuts with the bats or what? What were the numbers, something like 29 or 30 hits in those last 13 innings? They put up 15 runs against a pitcher who has put up numbers this year that are just unbelievable (25 shutouts!!) and hadn't allowed that many runs all year in 40 games or so (correct me if I'm wrong). They're sure peaking at the right time. The rest of the district just got ran over by an iBUS and never saw it coming (at least I didn't, not to that extent). Congrats!

Lance - you did it again - I'd have to say that most of those page views you're talking about can be attributed to you.

Good luck to both & I hope to see a rematch for the Region title over at Challenger field next week.

My gosh, did East go nuts with the bats or what? What were the numbers, something like 29 or 30 hits in those last 13 innings? They put up 15 runs against a pitcher who has put up numbers this year that are just unbelievable (25 shutouts!!) and hadn't allowed that many runs all year in 40 games or so (correct me if I'm wrong). They're sure peaking at the right time. The rest of the district just got ran over by an iBUS and never saw it coming (at least I didn't, not to that extent). Congrats!

Lance - you did it again - I'd have to say that most of those page views you're talking about can be attributed to you.

Good luck to both & I hope to see a rematch for the Region title over at Challenger field next week.

That's close mwtfan.....The 25 shutouts is correct, but I think the most telling stat is that she had allowed only 14 earned runs in their first 40 games going into the championship game. East put 14 earned runs on her in 6 innings last night.

No excuses here!!!! She has thrown many more games in a week than this tournament. She has thrown in much worse weather conditions. She has thrown against some of the strongest travel teams in the country. But she has never been hit like she got hit last night. Hats off to the East bats.

I think the interesting thing will be to see how she bounces back Monday night. Can she gather up her pride and get after Science Hill to keep a great season going.

That's close mwtfan.....The 25 shutouts is correct, but I think the most telling stat is that she had allowed only 14 earned runs in their first 40 games going into the championship game. East put 14 earned runs on her in 6 innings last night.

No excuses here!!!! She has thrown many more games in a week than this tournament. She has thrown in much worse weather conditions. She has thrown against some of the strongest travel teams in the country. But she has never been hit like she got hit last night. Hats off to the East bats.

I think the interesting thing will be to see how she bounces back Monday night. Can she gather up her pride and get after Science Hill to keep a great season going.

You don't need Lance to answer that. She will do her part next week - I assure you. I've seen kids hit hard and you can see the look in their eyes. I didn't see any fear or even disgust in hers'. Only - who was next and what was she going to do - still determined. I would love to know her and know her thoughts were after the game, but from all appearance - I have no doubt there will not be any lasting affect. A couple days rest and she will be as good as new.

Well, what can you say? Good season Lady Trojans: You won 20 games this year against some pretty darn tough competition; for the 3rd year in a row you at least shared the Conference title; you won the Eastman tournament which is believed to be the first in-season tournament West has ever won; you beat East, Cherokee and Jefferson County a combined 7 times (wow!) and you made everyone proud with the way you competed a year after losing eight seniors (six of whom moved on to college softball, a seventh who COULD have and 1 who is playing college basketball). So long and good luck to the 2 outstanding seniors who won a lot of ball games in their time at West. We're gonna miss you!!! To those remaining: work hard in the off-season & come back stronger, faster and better than you are now.

Congrats to East & Cherokee & good luck to both tonight!

At least one of you, PLEASE make it to Murfreesboro & fly the IMAC flag!!!

See you at the ballpark.

Congratulations to the IMAC's Lady Chiefs!

A 5 to 2 win over Maryville tonight has them headed to Murfreesboro. Was sincerely hoping to make the trip with our friends from M East.

IMAC was extremely tough this year. Seems it was more difficult surviving getting out of IMAC than it was to get from there to STATE. Lots of good teams in the IMAC this year and I expect it to be equally as tough next year.

Mwtfan, I'm sure the Lady Chiefs are happy to represent the IMAC in Murfreesboro next week and will fly the IMAC flag with pride.