IMAC 2008

mwtfan

To keep my integrity intact on this board (ha! ha!) I must regretfully make a correction from my post on the JCHS vs. Farragut post. The final score after 13 innings was 8-3 Farragut as new pitcher entered for JCHS in last inning and gave up two more runs. Don't misspercieve what I am saying Farragut rotated their team as well, but the two starting teams were very well matched. Score after "starting" teams left field 1-0 Farragut on hit batsman and two botched routine plays at third. Lance as you may well recall I broke my crystal ball last year, but am happy to report the purchase of a new one. I got it from the Betsy Ross school for phsychics it does however tend to predict all scores in favor of PATRIOTS!!!

Well the scrimmage went very well. Our defense was just incredible and our bats look preety good as well. I guess all of the soft toss pays off in the long run... Umm the score was not 8-3, more like 6-4. Trust me we kept up, but hey at least you're a JC fan it's okay though we'll forgive you this time. Well I'm glad that crystal ball is back because man oh man we're ready to hit the field and say, "Thanks for playing."

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To keep my integrity intact on this board (ha! ha!) I must regretfully make a correction from my post on the JCHS vs. Farragut post. The final score after 13 innings was 8-3 Farragut as new pitcher entered for JCHS in last inning and gave up two more runs. Don't misspercieve what I am saying Farragut rotated their team as well, but the two starting teams were very well matched. Score after "starting" teams left field 1-0 Farragut on hit batsman and two botched routine plays at third. Lance as you may well recall I broke my crystal ball last year, but am happy to report the purchase of a new one. I got it from the Betsy Ross school for phsychics it does however tend to predict all scores in favor of PATRIOTS!!!

Good luck with your new crystal ball; although after reading the other Jeff post, I'm not sure how well you will tell the future when you can't properly forecast that which is past (lol).

Hard to put runs up early in the season as pitching is normally ahead of hitting early, but sounds like you all like what you saw. I'm wondering how the Freshman pitcher compares to the Senior (what is the pitching depth chart look like early)?

You are my sunshine - my only sunshine - you make me happy when skies are gray.

You never know dear - how much I love -

Please don't take my sunshine away.

What says you mwtfan - we are anxiously awaiting your report. With all the snow in the area, I'm beginning to wonder if you have any sunshine at all.

HEY CHEROKEE - where are you guys at? This is your year. Get on the stick and make us all jealous.

Lance,

I tried to get an offline sunshine report from mwtfan a couple of days ago. Sounds like when it rains it rains hard, but the weather can be a little unpredictable. I guess you just have to play in the weather first to really know how it impacts your game.

As far as Cherokee goes, they just need some good weather in order to get outside and see where they are. I'm sure the pre-season expectations are high, and deservedly so, but they have a lot of basketball in their step right now. Should learn more from the Jamboree at Winged Deer this weekend. Anyone know the lineup of teams at winged deer this year?

Good luck with your new crystal ball; although after reading the other Jeff post, I'm not sure how well you will tell the future when you can't properly forecast that which is past (lol).

Hard to put runs up early in the season as pitching is normally ahead of hitting early, but sounds like you all like what you saw. I'm wondering how the Freshman pitcher compares to the Senior (what is the pitching depth chart look like early)?

What says you mwtfan - we are anxiously awaiting your report. With all the snow in the area, I'm beginning to wonder if you have any sunshine at all.

HEY CHEROKEE - where are you guys at? This is your year. Get on the stick and make us all jealous.

Score 8-3 off the books. Pitching depth starts with the softmore and freshman class. At Farragut senior pitcher gave up 5 in 2 innings, junior gave up 2 in 1 inning, softmore gave up one (unearned) in 6 innings, freshman gave up 0 in 2 innings. Pitching is young and good. Softmore started the first 6 innings then they brought in the other pitchers as both teams rotated in all the other players

JCHS at Heritage playday

Pitched senior(Helton) vs Seymor 5-4 JCHS led 5-0 til bottom of last inning when Seymor finally found Helton and started hitting the ball

Pitched freshman(Leon) vs. William Blount 4-0 JCHS

Pitched junior(Earl) vs. Heritage 8-1 Heritage

Pitched freshman(Leon) vs. Maryville 1-0 JCHS

3-1 vs. good competition. Pitching looked good, exspecially Leon, Hill(softmore) not available.

JCHS answered the call as they started hitting the ball this weekend. Defense looking great. The loss to Heritage probably due to experimenting with players at different positions and throwing what is probably the # 4 pitcher. Heritage hits the ball well and their pitching is stout, but as a whole pitching looked good on all teams JCHS faced. JCHS scrimmages Carter Thursday.

Any other early season reports from IMAC teams? Come on guys how is everybody else looking early!

Cherokee had their first day in the dirt this year in the Playday at Johnson City's Winged Deer.

This playday was down in teams from previous years, but a pretty good start for the lady chiefs for their first time outside.

Wins against Greenville (8-0), Elizabethton (1-0), North Greene (6-2) and Johnson County (4-0).

Only saw 1 error in four games, and the coaches got to get a good look at some new pitching.

Sticks were not as solid as they will be, but they put the ball in play all day.

One side note....watch out district 1.....Volunteer just gave you a peak at what thy have brewing at the end of the year last year. They looked good. Lots of energy and enthusiasm in that program right now.

Hey guys JC#1fan here. Its that time again and here we go. Cherokee figures to be the horse to ride out of the gate, winning the conference and only losing one senior should do that for you. The pitching is strong there(Gilbert is as good as they get)Remember though this is the IMAC! East is loaded with talent exspecially on the offensive side of the ball and should figure in to the conference picture if they can play together as a team. West's only concern after last year was the loss of senior leadership and pitching; however rumor has it pitching may no longer be a problem(we'll have to see) JC is young and getting younger. the majority of their talent pool lies in the softmore and freshman classes. Pitching is solid at JCHS with Hill returning to the mound and the addition of a talented freshman pitcher(Leon), should be a combination like Cherokee had last year. JCHS has enough pitching and defense to compete for the conference title, but they must prove they can score. They could have competed for the title last year if they could have scored. We'll find out tommorrow as they go to Farragut for a scrimmage. I'll post something tommorrow after the game. Greeneville will be Greeneville. They will compete, but the lack of a complete team will be their downfall. I guarantee they will come to play ball. I have a lot of friends in the Greeneville community and there is enough talent there to win this conference every year, but five high schools is a disadvantage for them when competing in this conference. Cocke County will be improved with the addition of two new freshmen. Nicole Ball could start for anyone in the conference as a freshman. If they can find no more ptiching she will probably be the starter, but if they move her to short stop look out. The story this year will not be the talent. Every team in the conference can be spoilers for any other team . The story is the new coaching. With new coaches at four schools the question is can they motivate their athletes to compete and are their coaching skills up to IMAC standards. This is going to be a great season because nobody knows what is goning to happen. Should be a shootout every game and I can't wait. See you all at the ballpark!!!!!!

"Greeneville will be Greeneville" - They may surprise you this year. Their new coach, Bill Muhlhahn is used to winning. (former GMS basketball coach - winningest record around!) Coach Muhlhahn has successfully coached softball in the rec league here and is very familiar with many of the girls on the team. They had a good showing at Winged Deer this week-end but are playing without a very talented few girls who are just a little busy with a little thing called the State Basketball Tournment in Murfreesboro this week. Shipley, Kelley, Renner and Story will be a huge asset to the team when they get their Softball gear on. GHS may indeed be the sleeper team this year.

"Greeneville will be Greeneville" - They may surprise you this year. Their new coach, Bill Muhlhahn is used to winning. (former GMS basketball coach - winningest record around!) Coach Muhlhahn has successfully coached softball in the rec league here and is very familiar with many of the girls on the team. They had a good showing at Winged Deer this week-end but are playing without a very talented few girls who are just a little busy with a little thing called the State Basketball Tournment in Murfreesboro this week. Shipley, Kelley, Renner and Story will be a huge asset to the team when they get their Softball gear on. GHS may indeed be the sleeper team this year.

The quote "Greeneville will be Greeneville" was not meant to be derogatory in any sense. If the rest of the message was read you would understand what was meant by this statement is that it is harder for them to compete in this conference of county wide high schools. There is enough talent in Greene county "if they were also a county wide school" to win this conference every year. I agree they will be a sleeper and will give anyone in the conference a run for their money. Let it never be said that JC fan underestimates any athlete, coach, or school program. Shipley, Kelley, Renner and Story will be valuable assets the rest of the year. By the way , How did Greeneville do at Winged Deer this week-end? I wish the best for all of the girls at all of IMAC schools. My blood just happens to run Red, White, and Blue. GO LADY PATS!!!!!!!!!

The quote "Greeneville will be Greeneville" was not meant to be derogatory in any sense. If the rest of the message was read you would understand what was meant by this statement is that it is harder for them to compete in this conference of county wide high schools. There is enough talent in Greene county "if they were also a county wide school" to win this conference every year. I agree they will be a sleeper and will give anyone in the conference a run for their money. Let it never be said that JC fan underestimates any athlete, coach, or school program. Shipley, Kelley, Renner and Story will be valuable assets the rest of the year. By the way , How did Greeneville do at Winged Deer this week-end? I wish the best for all of the girls at all of IMAC schools. My blood just happens to run Red, White, and Blue. GO LADY PATS!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't taken in a derogatory way at all. I did read the entire post and yes, we deal with the talent drain to all the other schools but just wanting to let you know you may be a little surprised this year. The new coach is a real motivator and they are already hitting better now than at the end of the year last year. They were 2 and 2 at Winged Deer with a JV players filling in. Best of luck and continued health to all the IMAC teams!

JCHS at Heritage playday

Pitched senior(Helton) vs Seymor 5-4 JCHS led 5-0 til bottom of last inning when Seymor finally found Helton and started hitting the ball

Pitched freshman(Leon) vs. William Blount 4-0 JCHS

Pitched junior(Earl) vs. Heritage 8-1 Heritage

Pitched freshman(Leon) vs. Maryville 1-0 JCHS

3-1 vs. good competition. Pitching looked good, exspecially Leon, Hill(softmore) not available.

JCHS answered the call as they started hitting the ball this weekend. Defense looking great. The loss to Heritage probably due to experimenting with players at different positions and throwing what is probably the # 4 pitcher. Heritage hits the ball well and their pitching is stout, but as a whole pitching looked good on all teams JCHS faced. JCHS scrimmages Carter Thursday.

Any other early season reports from IMAC teams? Come on guys how is everybody else looking early!

Who pitched for Maryville?

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone. It's not warm when she's away. Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, and she's always gone too long any time she goes away. Sorry, but you got me started on these 'Sunshine' lyrics. Still have nothing to report, but after next weekend maybe the clouds will begin to break. Until then, I can only hope it's not a bad moon rising.......just maybe I'll be singing:

Sunshine come on back another day

I promise you I'll be singing

This old world, she's gonna turn around

Brand new bells'll be ringing

Who pitched for Maryville?

I can't think of her name. I think it is Cassey. She's the highly tauted softmore pitcher returning from last year that was so good. All I know for sure is that she was throwin' smoke. Probably the most heat I saw all weekend. And if you consider the teams that were there (Gibbs, Heritage, William Blount, Seymor) thats saying a lot. Heritage's pitcher(about 4' 9" and 85 lbs. soaking wet) was throwing the smoke as well. Leon(freshman pitcher for JCHS) has a little heat too. Overall the best pitcher this weekend was the pitcher from Maryville even though they went 2-2 for the weekend (losses to JCHS and Heritage).