Waverly versus Bolivar

papatiger

I like Bolivar and respect their program AND hope they win the game but this is a lame excuse not to play on the same night...With gas being $3.07 a gallon (at least around here..Union City)and not only the fans of the games and their expenses but the school's expenses for fuel to load up the bus twice it doesn't make any sense...Needs to focus on each team??..What does he do during the regular season???... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ..Unless the T.$.$.A.A mandates that they absolutely HAVE to play on seperate nights then it looks like they could have worked something out....Anyway..Good Luck Bolivar!

My sentiments exactly. It looks as though Bolivar wanted to pad their pockets with concession money. That's the reason a lot of Waverly folk if not all, will not be buying anything. It's very bad that people can't think of others and help them when it is in their ability to do so.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are not regular season games these are tournament games that are scheduled to be played on different night and much more important.

Bolivar is only hurting themselves with this decision. It's over 100 miles for us to make this trip and making us play on two nights is only hurting the kids because of having to fund transportation for both nights.

And if I were the coach of Bolivar after refusing to play both games on the same night, I would have been embarrassed to call back and ask if the game could be changed to 4 so my team can watch the UT/Memphis game. Coach Kevin is always trying to be a respected good coach and I respect him for agreeing to do this, BUT on the other side I wish he would have said either play Friday or it's Sat at 7. Maybe that makes me a poor sport but what does it make Bolivar to make us come on seperate nights and cost double the funds?

And those that think they have this game in the bag because your so good. Don't count us out. Like PapaTiger says we are young but we are good. We may not beat you,because I don't think any game is in the bag, BUT if we bring our A game and anybody that has seen us play that game knows we can beat you. Because "Any team can be beaten on any given night"!

GO TIGERS!

Bolivar is only hurting themselves with this decision. It's over 100 miles for us to make this trip and making us play on two nights is only hurting the kids because of having to fund transportation for both nights.

And if I were the coach of Bolivar after refusing to play both games on the same night, I would have been embarrassed to call back and ask if the game could be changed to 4 so my team can watch the UT/Memphis game. Coach Kevin is always trying to be a respected good coach and I respect him for agreeing to do this, BUT on the other side I wish he would have said either play Friday or it's Sat at 7. Maybe that makes me a poor sport but what does it make Bolivar to make us come on seperate nights and cost double the funds?

And those that think they have this game in the bag because your so good. Don't count us out. Like PapaTiger says we are young but we are good. We may not beat you,because I don't think any game is in the bag, BUT if we bring our A game and anybody that has seen us play that game knows we can beat you. Because "Any team can be beaten on any given night"!

GO TIGERS!

[/quote

I just wonder how you are so sure that Coach Rudesill is the one who asked for the time change?

You'd still be griping if the time on Sat. was 7pm! No matter...Bolivar has homecourt so the decision is play both nights. When you guys get that advantage...use it.

I'm sure your Coach Kevin is a good guy...no disrespect to him. But we think we have a pretty good coach too. And this guy took TWO teams to the Region.

You're very badly mistaken if you think Bolivar thinks they have Waverly "in the bag". Far from it.

obviously McNairy and Harpeth didn't take that into consideration. I didn't realize that your girls play on the boys team too!

You must be talking about McNairy or Harpeth because Bolivar in no way shape, form, or fashion do our girls play on the boys team. But once the game starts, you will think they did. Like I said in my post before, it is all about the Kids. It is obvious that you do not have any kids on the team. I have a child on the team and you will have that name in your mouth ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! I tried to be civilized, but you are beginning to be irritating. LET IT YOU! YOU WILL BE IN BOLIVAR 2 NIGHTS!!!!!

HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS

I also heard that Waverly wanted an earlier start time on saturday before Bolivar even played in the Championship game. I understand that people don't want travel and gas is expensive but this is about the kids not things like protesting the concession stand. Good Luck to both teams.

From what I've heard-and I'm not trying to mislead anyone-the Waverly fans should really check their facts. It very well could be that Waverly admin/coach/someone DID ask to move the time.

I'm sure you'll say they didn't...but how do you know for sure?

You must be talking about McNairy or Harpeth because Bolivar in no way shape, form, or fashion do our girls play on the boys team. But once the game starts, you will think they did. Like I said in my post before, it is all about the Kids. It is obvious that you do not have any kids on the team. I have a child on the team and you will have that name in your mouth ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! I tried to be civilized, but you are beginning to be irritating. LET IT YOU! YOU WILL BE IN BOLIVAR 2 NIGHTS!!!!!

HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS

And thats for real /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Waverly tried to help curb expenses by asking Bolivar to play both games on Friday. Bolivar refused. Then Bolivar had the gall to call back and ask if the boys game could be moved to 4 pm. The coach agreed even though IMO he shouldn't have since they wouldn't help us out and the reason they wanted to change was to watch the UT/Memphis game.

SO WAVERLY FANS, WE HAVE TO PAY DOUBLE GAS, SO DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THE CONCESSION STAND EITHER NIGHT!!!!!!

PASS THE WORD.

PULL THE UPSET WAVERLY!

Sorry PapaTiger??¦but I can??™t find anybody in Bolivar familiar with Waverly??™s request. The only request that people I??™ve talked to know about is Bolivar??™s request to change the time Saturday. I think something has been blown way out of proportion.