Waverly versus Bolivar

papatiger

Waverly asked Bolivar to play both games on Friday since they hosted both and with gasoline as high as it is, it would help the fans and school. But NO, Bolivar wouldn't do it. Then Bolivar had the gall to call back and change the boys game to 4 PM so they could watch the UT/Memphis game. Our coach did it, but I wouldn't have.

SO WAVERLY FANS, WE'RE PAYING A LOT FOR GAS FOR TWO NIGHTS, SO DON'T BUY THEIR CONCESSIONS. BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS AND SNACKS. DON'T BUY EITHER NIGHT.

PASS THE WORD!!!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly asked Bolivar to play both games on Friday since they hosted both and with gasoline as high as it is, it would help the fans and school. But NO, Bolivar wouldn't do it. Then Bolivar had the gall to call back and change the boys game to 4 PM so they could watch the UT/Memphis game. Our coach did it, but I wouldn't have.

SO WAVERLY FANS, WE'RE PAYING A LOT FOR GAS FOR TWO NIGHTS, SO DON'T BUY THEIR CONCESSIONS. BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS AND SNACKS. DON'T BUY EITHER NIGHT.

PASS THE WORD!!!!!!

Bolivar has enough fans for you guys not to never buy jack for them, you must forgot when they went to state they feeled the whole center up. So dont eat go hungry. and dont forget we have 2 of our top players playing in this game kemp and chism. My thing is, you should have won your games and you wouldn't be going there.

PASS THE WORD!!!!!!

Get a grip man...you show yourself to be a poor sport (as usual) and continue to give Waverly a bad name. As the other guy said, Bolivar doesn't need crap from you or your fans. Glad to see Coach Rawlings is a good sport and a better representative of Waverly's character than you have shown yourself to be PT. If Waverly had two high profile players on the #1 and #2 teams in the NATION I would surely hope the opposing coach would cut you guys some slack and allow your team to watch them. Good call Kevin.

BTW...good luck to both teams, should be a good game.

Get a grip man...you show yourself to be a poor sport (as usual) and continue to give Waverly a bad name. As the other guy said, Bolivar doesn't need crap from you or your fans. Glad to see Coach Rawlings is a good sport and a better representative of Waverly's character than you have shown yourself to be PT. If Waverly had two high profile players on the #1 and #2 teams in the NATION I would surely hope the opposing coach would cut you guys some slack and allow your team to watch them. Good call Kevin.

Well, first of all, we do live in a generation with VCR's, tivo, DVR's. Second, it wasn't the matter of changing the game to 4, but the fact that the Bolivar people wanted to change it to 4 after not wanting to change a game that would kill two birds with one stone. If you move both games to Friday, they can watch their game, Waverly doesn't have to travel twice saving hundreds of dollars in gasoline, saving emissions (lol). Why wouldn't they want to play both the same night and help both teams involved? The coaches feel the same way here. Believe me! Yes, Kevin is a bigger man than their coach because he helped out the situation.

About being a poor sport. I guess everyone else in Waverly is a poor sport then, because I've heard talk all day long from everyone involved as fans, players, coaches, teachers, etc. that feel the very same way. I just voiced it here on CoachT.

Is it being a poor sport to want to save money? To help someone not be burdened with expenses? Get a grip Lions!

I glad your coach is a nice guy but don't make him the better man unless you know Coach Rudesill personally because he is a very nice guy who is coaching both teams. He should have the luxury of not having to coach on the same night these are tournament games not regular season games. He's not even thinking about the Memphis/UT game, he's thinking of his players and what is best for them. Good Luck to both teams.

Bolivar has enough fans for you guys not to never buy jack for them, you must forgot when they went to state they feeled the whole center up. So dont eat go hungry. and dont forget we have 2 of our top players playing in this game kemp and chism. My thing is, you should have won your games and you wouldn't be going there.

Well, well, well. Look what we have here. Someone trying to boycott our concession stand. That is so small. This is about the basketball teams and not the concession. While people are trying to pass the word around about not buying food from the concession, there are other things that you need to be worried about like GETTING A TICKET/SEAT. We have enough fans in Bolivar that could clog interstate 40, so dont worry about the food, it will all be gone.

Well, well, well. Look what we have here. Someone trying to boycott our concession stand. That is so small. This is about the basketball teams and not the concession. While people are trying to pass the word around about not buying food from the concession, there are other things that you need to be worried about like GETTING A TICKET/SEAT. We have enough fans in Bolivar that could clog interstate 40, so dont worry about the food, it will all be gone.

Yes the Waverly fans will get in. And by the way, I'M going to get in, I have a media pass. And yes, we are passing the word around in Waverly. This was all about money to Bolivar when it should have been about the kids. Good luck to both teams. It will be a really good game tonight.

AMEN!

I agree...if Waverly had the same situation as Wayne and Willie are in Sat., I'd be the first one to say we should agree to change the time or whatever.

Sour grapes by some Waverly fans...not all of them and not their administration.

Yes the Waverly fans will get in. And by the way, I'M going to get in, I have a media pass. And yes, we are passing the word around in Waverly. This was all about money to Bolivar when it should have been about the kids. Good luck to both teams. It will be a really good game tonight.

I'm glad to know you will get in and to know you have a media pass. We all also know you will be broadcasting the game. So since I know all of that, I will be there also. I will be on your right, almost at the halfcourt line, in the khaki pants and orange and biege shirt, and on the bottom row along with all of the other people that are blogging. It is not about the money for Bolivar. If it was so, then we would be trying to have ALL of the games at Bolivar such as District, Region, and Substate. We have to either go to Chester County or Lexington EVERY year which is about 30 minutes to an hour away. We, the Bolivar fans, DO NOT OPEN OUR MOUTH BECAUSE IT IS CALLED SUPPORT.!!! As long as my child is on the court playing basketball, I will go to the end of the world with her. You need to fill the same way about your team and stop all of this complaining because it is not going to change. Either come and watch and broadcast the game or stay at home and listen to our hometown broadcast 96.7 fm

AMEN!

I agree...if Waverly had the same situation as Wayne and Willie are in Sat., I'd be the first one to say we should agree to change the time or whatever.

Sour grapes by some Waverly fans...not all of them and not their administration.

That's not what I was told by one of our coaches.

And some of you have me wrong. I have no problem with the Bolivar fans wanting to watch their guys. But I do have a problem with the fact that they was willing to switch the time but not the night which would have helped a fellow school out. Waverly would have done it, I have no doubt. The other schools in our district like Harpeth have done it. With gas being the way it is, it would be a comon courtesy.

I've had a lot of people say that they would have been willing to pay $10 (double the price) if they had of played both in one night so the gate money would have still been made. It would have been a much better tournament atmosphere, more fans would have gotten to see both games. I suspect that it will be mostly parents coming to the two games now. And very few replicated.

I don't have sour grapes, I just think it is a shame that one school is unwilling to help another. Thank you Coach Rawlings for being more willing to help. We Waverly fans appreciate that.

By the way, just left Wal Mart getting my drinks and snacks, and saw more people there doing the same.

I'm glad to know you will get in and to know you have a media pass. We all also know you will be broadcasting the game. So since I know all of that, I will be there also. I will be on your right, almost at the halfcourt line, in the khaki pants and orange and biege shirt, and on the bottom row along with all of the other people that are blogging. It is not about the money for Bolivar. If it was so, then we would be trying to have ALL of the games at Bolivar such as District, Region, and Substate. We have to either go to Chester County or Lexington EVERY year which is about 30 minutes to an hour away. We, the Bolivar fans, DO NOT OPEN OUR MOUTH BECAUSE IT IS CALLED SUPPORT.!!! As long as my child is on the court playing basketball, I will go to the end of the world with her. You need to fill the same way about your team and stop all of this complaining because it is not going to change. Either come and watch and broadcast the game or stay at home and listen to our hometown broadcast 96.7 fm

Would love to meet you. I enjoy getting to put a face to a name. I would think less of you if you didn't support your child. I did my son when he played on the 04-05 team. My daughter is a cheerleader. It's not about the fans not supporting their teams or kids, it's about helping others and not making it more of a burden when you have the power to do so. I have gone to the ends of the world for mine and for those who aren't mine. But by not playing both games in one night, there will be a lot who won't come to both. Only parents probably.

If you knew me, you would know that I'm 100% for the kids. They know it too! And when someone does them wrong, it really upsets me.

As far as you driving 30 minutes to an hour. Our closest district game is an hour. Most of them are 1 and a half hour. Our district tournament was one and a half hour away. We were there every night because we had to. But this could have been avoided. And that's my point. I look for a well played very, very close game tonight. Come by and say hello. I'll be wearing a blue WQMV radio shirt. I'm 6'4" and have a beard, will be wearing a Tiger hat. Good luck to you guys tonight and tomorrow. I'll be there both nights.