Waverly versus Bolivar

papatiger

That's not what I was told by one of our coaches.

And some of you have me wrong. I have no problem with the Bolivar fans wanting to watch their guys. But I do have a problem with the fact that they was willing to switch the time but not the night which would have helped a fellow school out. Waverly would have done it, I have no doubt. The other schools in our district like Harpeth have done it. With gas being the way it is, it would be a comon courtesy.

I've had a lot of people say that they would have been willing to pay $10 (double the price) if they had of played both in one night so the gate money would have still been made. It would have been a much better tournament atmosphere, more fans would have gotten to see both games. I suspect that it will be mostly parents coming to the two games now. And very few replicated.

I don't have sour grapes, I just think it is a shame that one school is unwilling to help another. Thank you Coach Rawlings for being more willing to help. We Waverly fans appreciate that.

By the way, just left Wal Mart getting my drinks and snacks, and saw more people there doing the same.

While you are in Wal-Mart, you need to be on your way. Besides that get a bucket, for you to peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to meet you. I enjoy getting to put a face to a name. I would think less of you if you didn't support your child. I did my son when he played on the 04-05 team. My daughter is a cheerleader. It's not about the fans not supporting their teams or kids, it's about helping others and not making it more of a burden when you have the power to do so. I have gone to the ends of the world for mine and for those who aren't mine. But by not playing both games in one night, there will be a lot who won't come to both. Only parents probably.

If you knew me, you would know that I'm 100% for the kids. They know it too! And when someone does them wrong, it really upsets me.

As far as you driving 30 minutes to an hour. Our closest district game is an hour. Most of them are 1 and a half hour. Our district tournament was one and a half hour away. We were there every night because we had to. But this could have been avoided. And that's my point. I look for a well played very, very close game tonight. Come by and say hello. I'll be wearing a blue WQMV radio shirt. I'm 6'4" and have a beard, will be wearing a Tiger hat. Good luck to you guys tonight and tomorrow. I'll be there both nights.

Thanks! Will do!

didnt make it to bolivar tonight, too far and gas way too high...but i did talk to some friends that went said it was a good game with waverly leading some of it, sounds like it was a good one wish i coulda made it....good job on a great season tigerettes and way to go seniors, you'l all be missed...congratulations to bolivar on the win, good luck in the next games but still pullin for the 11aa teams get em girls!!

Well, first of all, we do live in a generation with VCR's, tivo, DVR's. Second, it wasn't the matter of changing the game to 4, but the fact that the Bolivar people wanted to change it to 4 after not wanting to change a game that would kill two birds with one stone. If you move both games to Friday, they can watch their game, Waverly doesn't have to travel twice saving hundreds of dollars in gasoline, saving emissions (lol). Why wouldn't they want to play both the same night and help both teams involved? The coaches feel the same way here. Believe me! Yes, Kevin is a bigger man than their coach because he helped out the situation.

About being a poor sport. I guess everyone else in Waverly is a poor sport then, because I've heard talk all day long from everyone involved as fans, players, coaches, teachers, etc. that feel the very same way. I just voiced it here on CoachT.

Is it being a poor sport to want to save money? To help someone not be burdened with expenses? Get a grip Lions!

Come on PT...do you actually expect Bolivar to give up the revenue from two nights of a packed house just so they could save Waverly fans some gas money?? Those of us that live in the real world understand why Bolivar wouldn't agree to that. Its called home court advantage. You win the games you're supposed to, you get to call the shots and you get the extra revenue...plain and simple. Sure with the price of gas everyone is going to moan and groan about spending the extra cash...but that's just the way it is. You say that if the tables were turned Waverly would have done it. I highly doubt it cause just like everyone else, the Waverly sports coffers aren't full to over flowing by any means.

I don't think Bolivar gets the money from the gate revenue. I believe the gate money is passed on to the region to help offset expenses and then if any remaining money is distributed in shares depending on how far the teams advance in the regional tournamnets. Unless it has changes Bolivar only gets the money from concessions.

I don't think Bolivar gets the money from the gate revenue. I believe the gate money is passed on to the region to help offset expenses and then if any remaining money is distributed in shares depending on how far the teams advance in the regional tournamnets. Unless it has changes Bolivar only gets the money from concessions.

You are correct RollTide.

Coach Rudesil is looking out for the best interest of his girls. The whole season he has to leave the post game locker room to coach the boys. He was guarding the time to be with the girls team after the game, win or lose. He wanted to be there. That is very important. Bolivar boys have gotten a ton of attention. The girls deserve him, too. Good job, Coach!!! Keep looking out for all your players. We are proud to have you here in Bolivar!!!

Coach Rudesil is looking out for the best interest of his girls. The whole season he has to leave the post game locker room to coach the boys. He was guarding the time to be with the girls team after the game, win or lose. He wanted to be there. That is very important. Bolivar boys have gotten a ton of attention. The girls deserve him, too. Good job, Coach!!! Keep looking out for all your players. We are proud to have you here in Bolivar!!!

that's not what I was told by one of your people in Bolivar tonight. He wanted his boys to get and extra day of rest. They overmatch us and won't need it. We are young. But I hope they play the game of their lives tomorrow and pull the upset.

Here is what happens with the gates.

From Region Tournament Director's Guidelines

All games will be at 7:00 p.m. local time. All expenses, including officials, 18% of the gate to TSSAA, etc., will be paid by the host school with the net receipts split 50/50 between the two schools.

So if big crowds are expected, it is best to have the games on two nights.

Great game tonight @ Bolivar! Waverly def. gave them a battle. I think the lead changed at least 7 times. The score (52-43) doesn't indicate the closeness of the game. Waverly had the momentum and was up by 2 with under 2 mins to go when they turned the ball over on an inbound under Bolivar's goal and the Williams girl hit a lay-up and was fouled. She hit the free throw and they took the lead by one. Waverly then started fouling a lil too soon....

Bolivar is not afraid to shoot the 3-ball and that is what won them the game. Waverly had an awesome defense tonight and Katie Prince impressed the heck out of me. She will be a difference maker for the next 3 years at Waverly. Bolivar will be a very good team the next few years too. Bolivar's classiness impressed me tonight and their fans were quite nice. Great job to the 7 seniors on Waverly's team. You guys will be missed!!!!

that's not what I was told by one of your people in Bolivar tonight. He wanted his boys to get and extra day of rest. They overmatch us and won't need it. We are young. But I hope they play the game of their lives tomorrow and pull the upset.

My information came from the coach. I will believe first hand before hearsay. The Waverly girls gave Bolivar all they could handle. The score doesn't reflect the game. Look forward to seeing you this afternoon. Have a safe trip and may both teams be free from injury!!!

My information came from the coach. I will believe first hand before hearsay. The Waverly girls gave Bolivar all they could handle. The score doesn't reflect the game. Look forward to seeing you this afternoon. Have a safe trip and may both teams be free from injury!!!

Waverly's girls played very well. They executed on offense and move well on defense with that zone. That was a really good game and it really could have gone either way. Tournament time is truly special. Survive and advance.