My Picks for AA Region Tournaments

Indian Chief

Last season Jim314.com was able to do a bracketology contest. Because of the drawing of state games not taking place until after the sectional/substate games he was not able to do one yet.

So I am adding my picks for all 32 AA games. Feel free to add you picks.

Please refrain from questioning or arguing my picks if I pick against your team. This is all in good clean fun. If you can not add a pick for all 32 games, start with the semi-final round.

Region 1:

Unicoi over Cumberland Gap

Elizabethton over Claiborne

Gattlinburg-Pittman over Happy Valley

South Greene over Pigeon Forge

Region 2:

Anderson upsets Seymour

Loudon beats Austin-East

Stone Memorial beats Fulton

Gibbs beats CAK

Region 3:

McMinn Central over Chattanooga Christian

Brainerd over Howard

Sequatchie Co. over Tellico Plains

Grundy Co. over Sweetwater

Region 4:

Upperman beats Greenbrier

Livingston Academy beats White House

Station Camp beats Canon Co.

York Institute beats DCA

Region 5:

Ezell-Harding over Giles Co.

Hume-Fogg over Hickman Co.

Marshall Co. over CPA

Lewis Co. over East Literature

Region 6:

Ceatham Co. beats Chester Co.

Creekwood beats Camden Central

Bolivar beats Waverly Central

Harpeth beats McNairy Central

Region 7:

Milan over Haywood

Jackson North Side over Obion Co.

Fayette-Ware over Gibson Co.

Westview over Covington

Region 8:

Booker T. Washington beats Sheffield

Mitchell beats Trezevant

Oakhaven beats G. W. Carver

Hillcest beats Treadwell

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need a revision 13AA swept 14AA

Could have predicted that that would have happned if I had seen post earlier. Westview is playing final four state caliber basketball. OC, GC, and Milan best three of four in the state. Two great games for one admission price; could just as well be seeing final four state tournament consolation basketball on regional level, with all four from same district. See you in Brownsvile on Monday night for Region 7AA girl semi's. Be there or be disappointed.

You got all four Region 1 games right, though Happy Valley collapsed late and handed Pittman a one point victory. Look for South Greene to finish off Pittman in one semi-final, while the other semi-final could go either way. Unicoi Co. would have to be the favorite, but Elizabethton's four seniors are battle tested and quite capable of pulling the upset. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

I went 22-10, 69% (with the exception of the Hillcrest game. the score is not in yet.)

Region 7: I do not know all that much about west Tennessee basketball. If I did not know the teams I more or less went with home court advantage.

Region 5: This region killed me.

Region 2: This region hurt me as well.

Region 3: This is the region I follow and I missed two of these games. This region probably had some wishful thinking involved.

I will study up on the semi-final games today and make my picks by early Monday morning.

Feel free to add you semi-fianl picks.

Indian Chief, don't feel bad, Region 5 kick my prediction's in the can as well. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here's mine for the Semi's.

Region 1

Unicoi over Elizabethton

South Green over Gatlinburg-Pittman

Region 2

Seymour over Austin-East

Stone Memorial over CAK

Region 3

McMinn Central over Howard

Sequatchie Co. over Sweetwater

Region 4

Upperman over Livingston Academy

York Institute over Station Camp

Region 5

Hickman Co. over Giles Co.

Marshall Co. over East Literature

Region 6

Cheatam Co. over Creek Wood

Bolivar over McNairy Central

Region 7

Milan over Obion Co.

Westview over Gibson Co.

Region 8

Mitchell over B.T. Washington

Oakhaven over Hillcrest/Treadwell winner

UNDERDOG ROLE!!!! I'M LOVING IT!!!! I'll gladly take the underdog role and hoist that gold ball above our head in March! Westview is good and young but only has 2 players that can play well and hang with GC (Amber Rechis and Grace Ann Swaim). Westview PG will have many turnovers just like the past 2 games and Rechis will get frustrated as they are trying to break our press. I don't see Westview beating us as we've beaten them by 18 and 12 but you never know!!!!

Region 7 will be Gibson Co. V. Obion Co. in the championship

Region 8 will be Mitchell V. Hillcrest, I'm thinking!

I was thinking you were from the Mid. Tenn. area. My bad. It makes no difference to me as to whom everyone picks and who everyone think will win. The games are to be played at 6 and 7:30 tomorrow night @ Haywood Co. High School. I'll PROMISE anyone that tomorrow's games at Haywood Co. High School will be the 2 best AA games in the state! I'm feeling good about making it back to the 'boro this year especially after the way we completely DOMINATED Dist. 14AA #1 seed Fayette-Ware. They were tall and athletic but could do NOTHING with our press. It was 21-4 at the end of the first and Fayette-Ware used 3 time outs in the first quarter. Westview WILL put up a better game but I do believe Gibson Co. pulls it by around 10 points.

After looking, I'd say you are probably right. I would also say Giles is wrong. Though, Hillcrest hasn't reported many of their games, they seem to be a little better then I first thought. They'll host Gibson for the Sub-State. That'll be a tough game for Gibson. Good luck. Play good, cause with all this "WE'RE THE BEST", and "BEST DISTRICT IN THE STATE", I would love to draw you for the first round. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />