Creek Wood vs. Bolivar Central

utvols04

I had to come back on this one. Yes, I called one game but saw her play a couple more as a fan. Now, when she gets on the University of Tennessee/Knoxville radar, she will have arrived. The only school you mentioned that is a big time program is North Carolina and they are beginning to sink.

She's a good player, but contrary to what you think, I've seen her lose her temper and shoving whether the referee is looking or not is wrong. If she plays or wants to play like that she won't be on UTK radar. And carrying the ball is illegal.

Believe me, she will be on the University of Tennessee at Knoxville radar. Just keep watching and listening. The University of North Carolina is not sinking because if I'm not mistaking I think they are in the top 5 along with UT. I know she is a good player and she is only a freshmen too. This child has played all year banged up. From a broken big toe, jammed pinky finger, severely jammed thumb, a very slight knee problem, and a bruised rib and when you feel like someone is doing something out of the ordinary, then what do you think. She does no more than any other player on the floor. Oh that comment about "push when the refs are not looking" was a joke, but it happens. Ask one of your post players from Waverly that was pushing one of Bolivar girls in the back to get the pass over their head. I told you it happens. If she is carrying the ball, then guess what the refs don't see. They see what they want to see. As far as the comment, she cost her team a trip to the 'boro, that one play did not. There were 3 possessions after that. The refs cost that game for making a critical call at a critical time of the game. They hadn't call all night and decide to call at the end of the game. Granted she shouldn't have pushed her but it is what is or should I say it was what it was. The refs should have talked to both and told them to stop, given both a technical, or let it go because he didn't see what happen before the push. A person sitting on the opposite side of the gym said the ref called a double tech but only one team got to shoot. It was a team lost and everyone could have done something better. When a team win, they win together. So if a team lose, then they lose together.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, she will be on the University of Tennessee at Knoxville radar. Just keep watching and listening. The University of North Carolina is not sinking because if I'm not mistaking I think they are in the top 5 along with UT. I know she is a good player and she is only a freshmen too. This child has played all year banged up. From a broken big toe, jammed pinky finger, severely jammed thumb, a very slight knee problem, and a bruised rib and when you feel like someone is doing something out of the ordinary, then what do you think. She does no more than any other player on the floor. Oh that comment about "push when the refs are not looking" was a joke, but it happens. Ask one of your post players from Waverly that was pushing one of Bolivar girls in the back to get the pass over their head. I told you it happens. If she is carrying the ball, then guess what the refs don't see. They see what they want to see. As far as the comment, she cost her team a trip to the 'boro, that one play did not. There were 3 possessions after that. The refs cost that game for making a critical call at a critical time of the game. They hadn't call all night and decide to call at the end of the game. Granted she shouldn't have pushed her but it is what is or should I say it was what it was. The refs should have talked to both and told them to stop, given both a technical, or let it go because he didn't see what happen before the push. A person sitting on the opposite side of the gym said the ref called a double tech but only one team got to shoot. It was a team lost and everyone could have done something better. When a team win, they win together. So if a team lose, then they lose together.

Ok before all the bolivar fans get to big headed, freshmen are not getting scouted by UT Martin much less UNC. It is illegal, and if it is happening then well we will all here about it here in the next year or so. If this girl was being talked to by UNC then she easily is a top 5 player in the nation. A freshman being talked to by one of the most prestigous schools in the nation, and getting them to drive all that way for one game??? Its time to get over this, we can talk about it in a few years whenever she is a junior.

Ok before all the bolivar fans get to big headed, freshmen are not getting scouted by UT Martin much less UNC. It is illegal, and if it is happening then well we will all here about it here in the next year or so. If this girl was being talked to by UNC then she easily is a top 5 player in the nation. A freshman being talked to by one of the most prestigous schools in the nation, and getting them to drive all that way for one game??? Its time to get over this, we can talk about it in a few years whenever she is a junior.

Did not say one time they made trips to Bolivar to see. You jumped ahead. AAU Scouting.

There is hate in you based on your concession stand idea. That hate doesn't just go away. Your opinion is way off base as well. Again, you see all this unsportmanslike conduct on her part, yet you base this on very little. I have seen her play many more times where I don't see that kind of conduct. In fact, I saw in one game, when her pinky was jammed and really bothering her, an opposing player hacked her on that finger (going for the wrist, but one can still hit the finger). The temper and rage filled girl you described would have shoved, punched or elbowed that girl. But that's not what happened. She walked off the court, and held no malice towards that girl.

But here you are, making attacks on a girl that you know little to nothing about. It's not like she robbed a bank or punched a ref. She got a little chippy with someone who was all over her after a TO had been called, and I reiterate that that is the only time I've seen or heard about her even showing a temper. Your opinions are about as off as someone saying "Hitler was a good guy."

You might not allow the word hate in your home, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. To say you have no hate is a bold statement. It's ok to admit a flaw, you aren't Jesus after all. And if you don't allow the word "hate" in your home, is it safe to admit you hate "hate?"

Finally, you calling her gifted is probably the first time you've said that without following it up with "But she needs to control her temper."

Oh, and I hate to nitpick, but it's what i do....you've really driven over 1000 miles this month doing the visiting? I mean, it's the 3rd day of March. If you've put in the miles, good for you, otherwise, avoid the exaggeration or at least say "last month."

You're right, you are being nitpicky. I forgot (easily done when it changes months) that it was March. I was referrring to February when most of my posts are. Anyway, it wouldn't be hard to drive 1000 in 5 days. When I have someone critically sick in Nashville, I go every day. It's over 160 miles round trip. Just doing that it would be over 900 miles. But that's beside the point. I was talking about February.

I do have flaws just like everyone else. I do not appreciate the attacks on me eitiher. If they keep up, I will talk to CoachT about whom I know.

Disagree with my opinions, that is your right. But don't bring my personal life into it. I will pray for you.

And on top of it all, I would love to see this young lady at Knoxville playing for Coach Summitt. I'm a huge Vol fan.

You're right, you are being nitpicky. I forgot (easily done when it changes months) that it was March. I was referrring to February when most of my posts are. Anyway, it wouldn't be hard to drive 1000 in 5 days. When I have someone critically sick in Nashville, I go every day. It's over 160 miles round trip. Just doing that it would be over 900 miles. But that's beside the point. I was talking about February.

I do have flaws just like everyone else. I do not appreciate the attacks on me eitiher. If they keep up, I will talk to CoachT about whom I know.

Disagree with my opinions, that is your right. But don't bring my personal life into it. I will pray for you.

And on top of it all, I would love to see this young lady at Knoxville playing for Coach Summitt. I'm a huge Vol fan.

OH NO! Vol Fan?? You will be having more attacks about your team now!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't cry to CoachT because you brought this on yourself. If you'll remember, you were the one advocating poor attitudes towards Bolivar because of our right to call the shots. You were the one who has made baseless opinions about Kendra Williams. If you'd just admit that you are off base on your attitude towards bolivar and towards Kendra, it'd probably end. But you continue to attempt to defend under the caveat of "it's my opinion." How would you feel if i started calling out your players by name and saying things like "i wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in jail" and further put them down, only to hide behind "well that's my opinion so don't attack me for it."

Let it go.

Creekwood won the game and avoided Marshall County. This thread is history.............or should be.

I think projecting a freshman into college is putting the cart way in front of the horse. The girl made a freshman mistake that she won't likely forget. Hopefully she'll overcome it and become a better player because of it.

Let's move on. The AA state is fixing to start and we're talking about last weeks games. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Let it go.

Creekwood won the game and avoided Marshall County. This thread is history.............or should be.

I think projecting a freshman into college is putting the cart way in front of the horse. The girl made a freshman mistake that she won't likely forget. Hopefully she'll overcome it and become a better player because of it.

Let's move on. The AA state is fixing to start and we're talking about last weeks games. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'm with you. Its over. Good Luck to all of the teams in Murfreesboro. The Lady Tigers came a long way this year. They were not expected to make it that far. GREAT SEASON.