Bearden vs Oak Ridge

twhoops

Went to the game tonight. Oak Ridge did the same thing to Bearden that they did to Maryville. They pressed them to mistakes. Oak Ridge has a great shot of winning state. Their guard play is excellent. They pressure the ball better than any team I saw Maryville play this year. Oak Ridge will be a tough out for any team.

Bearden led most of the game. They hurt Oak Ridge with their size. But! That pressure defense from Oak Ridge is amazing. Good luck to Bearden and Oak Ridge. I hope one of those teams can bring the gold back home.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right. I am on here willing to take my shots. Obviously, I will not run and hide seeing as I am one of the few that will actually post my name on here. When I was called with 6 minutes to go and told that Bearden was up by doubles, I was feeling pretty smart. Then I was called back in less than 2 minutes of real time and told that it was tied and I felt pretty stupid. I really do not understand how Bearden collapsed. I am very concerned about Blevins staying in a zone for 2 minutes while OR held the ball?????? With the players Bearden has and the way they can play man to man I do not know why they were ever in zone. I am going to give this win to Ricky and his staff because his players do not measure up to the players for Bearden. Regardless, 2 great come from behind wins for the Wildcats. And, by the way, thanks to Clary for texting me pretty much right after the game was over. I obviously stirred some emotions over there in the Nuclear City. Both teams advance to the state with Bearden winning it all. Just like last year, the Region loser wins the state championship. BOOK IT!

No RebelRon, they are still 10 dollars a piece, but the football players have to sell 20 of them instead of 10. I know the benefits for the buyer of the card. So the player has to sell 20 of those cards at 10 dollars a pop. So what does that 200 dollars per player go towards? I mean, it would be a lot easier to sell them, in my opinion, if the players knew what the cards were going towards buying. Not to mention that they are having to sell 10 more this year so what got more expensive to make the players have to sell more cards? I know they are supposed to be sponsored by Nike this upcoming season. Is that part of the reason? Just wondering if you (or anyone for that matter) had any idea what the kids are actually fund raising for.

All right. I am on here willing to take my shots. Obviously, I will not run and hide seeing as I am one of the few that will actually post my name on here. When I was called with 6 minutes to go and told that Bearden was up by doubles, I was feeling pretty smart. Then I was called back in less than 2 minutes of real time and told that it was tied and I felt pretty stupid. I really do not understand how Bearden collapsed. I am very concerned about Blevins staying in a zone for 2 minutes while OR held the ball?????? With the players Bearden has and the way they can play man to man I do not know why they were ever in zone. I am going to give this win to Ricky and his staff because his players do not measure up to the players for Bearden. Regardless, 2 great come from behind wins for the Wildcats. And, by the way, thanks to Clary for texting me pretty much right after the game was over. I obviously stirred some emotions over there in the Nuclear City. Both teams advance to the state with Bearden winning it all. Just like last year, the Region loser wins the state championship. BOOK IT!

I think he stayed in zone because his kids were wore out. Also I am not sure they can effectively defend in the man. If Bearden plans on winning the State Championship they will have to:

1. Be able to defend man to man.

2. Handle pressure.

3. Shoot the play with some consistency.

4. Get more from Jenkins. He is too good of a player to only score six in such a big game.

It doesn't get any easier for the Dogs. always hard to win going to upper E. Tn.

O.R. doesn't have a walk either. No free passes for anyone this time of year.

Great game and good luck to both teams.

Having watched Oak Ridge all season long in my opinion these two games are really not shockers in terms of them coming from behind. What I think is lost when people see Oak Ridge play for the first time is that their style wears a team down and then when they need it ,they usually have some left in the tank. Just because they don't look as good doing it doesn't mean they aren't a better team. They just do it the way they do it. Bearden was dead tired and Oak Ridge wanted it more.Good luck to them at Dobyns-Bennett.

Outstanding game. Norris' players seem to refuse to die. I love the fact they are able to play with so much heart. I'd take Jared Stephens into any war. I only wish we could get that kind of motivation with the football team. Coaching?

I have never enjoyed listening to a game so much. Thanks to Dave Clary and his people for putting on such a good broadcast (as usual). When will the local tv broadcast be?

Having watched Oak Ridge all season long in my opinion these two games are really not shockers in terms of them coming from behind. What I think is lost when people see Oak Ridge play for the first time is that their style wears a team down and then when they need it ,they usually have some left in the tank. Just because they don't look as good doing it doesn't mean they aren't a better team. They just do it the way they do it. Bearden was dead tired and Oak Ridge wanted it more.Good luck to them at Dobyns-Bennett.

I never thought Bearden would ever tire as many players as Blevins' plays. I thought it would be an issue for Eldridge because his bench is very thin. Did Bearden not run their usual merry-go-round with players.

ETLoser, I've got a bookie that would love to do buisness with you! LOL

Keep knocking on Oak Ridge and the KIDS who are playing, that seems to be working out pretty good for you so far. Your sour grapes are now turning to nothing but "whine".

After your last prediction, your BOOK IT! has lost all creditbility!

Good luck to the Wildcats and to Bearden.

Keep knocking on Oak Ridge and the KIDS who are playing, that seems to be working out pretty good for you so far. Your sour grapes are now turning to nothing but "whine".

How is he knocking the OR kids???? He gave credit to OR for a great victory. A lot of observers around here believe Bearden has more talent than Oak Ridge. That is not a knock on OR; that is a compliment to Bearden.

His "book it" statement about Bearden winning state may be a little strong but I wouldn't be a surprised if Bearden won it, either.

You OR fans don't need to get so riled up about etcoach. Expressing strong opinions is what makes Coacht fun.

As you say, good luck to the Wildcats and Bulldogs. I think both will make state. I would love to see a rematch for the title. It could happen.

Sir, Gaming with bookmakers is against the law. I have not knocked the players, and I have done nothing but praise the coaches. And I have not whined. You want to know the difference between me and you.....if Oak Ridge had lost you would not be on here. I can take the heat so keep on bringing it. You can Book That!

I booked it coach and I won!!!

Oak Ridge just beat Bearden 60-56!!!

Better get to the store and buy some more grapes!!LOL

You better just stick to Willie Blount ball!!!

Cause I'm betting you don't know jack about ET basketball (or as much as you think you do)

BOOK IT!!

By the way, if you want to bring W Blount in the mix, we did appreciate your 2 quarterbacks completing more passes to our team than yours. That was very generous.