Bearden vs Oak Ridge

twhoops

Guys I am sorry but I do not see how in the world ORHS wins this one AT Bearden. They were not even the best team the other night. Trent (31% 3 baller on the year) hits 3 in a row in the 4th or OR isn't even playing tonight. Bearden's defense is much tougher than Maryville's. Bearden by double digits...BOOK IT!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I am sorry but I do not see how in the world ORHS wins this one AT Bearden. They were not even the best team the other night. Trent (31% 3 baller on the year) hits 3 in a row in the 4th or OR isn't even playing tonight. Bearden's defense is much tougher than Maryville's. Bearden by double digits...BOOK IT!!!

I'm with etcoach on this one; I think it will be an 8-10 point victory. I think OR's traps won't be as effective against Bearden as they were against Maryville because Bearden's players are taller and will be able to throw over the top better.

Dowdell has never scored well against Maryville because of the size inside of Maryville and Bearden will present similar problems. I expect Jenkins to guard Stephens. Jenkins defended Damron much better the last time at South Doyle than the first two times so I think his perimeter defensive skills are much improved and he won't have to guard Stephens near as tightly. Stephens is certainly capable of getting hot from outside but if he isn't hitting the 3 pointer, he will have a very difficult time scoring in the paint due to the height differential.

All that said, I think both teams end up in Murfreesboro.

Ifs and Butts were candy and nuts. The best team won I assure you. Tuesday night O.R. was the best team. Didn't O.R. beat Maryville earlier in the year. I gues 2-0 makes O.R. easily the best team.

At tourney time you have to have back up, role players, etc... step big when it matters. Trent stepped up on the big stage and nailed the door shut on the Rebels. Last year Maryville made the big plays this year they didn't.

As far as Bearden and O.R. I wouldn't be surprised if Bearden won. I just think O.R.'s athleticism will to much for the Bulldogs to handle. I would be shocked in it was more than 5 points either way. Still going with the Wildcats.

What time does the doors open. If you come late you may be locked out. I'll have a little Buddys Bar B Que before the game and walk up to the school about 5:30.

Its a shame that some will miss the best game of the year because of the fire marshall /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Maybe if they would have the Region at a location that actually has some seating everyone could get in. I am still trying to figure out how Oak Ridge is going to score? Stephens may have 15. Quinche will not get more than 8. Those other guys will not be getting wide open looks, I assure you. I honestly do not see how OR can win tonight. I do agree with many of the rest of you, though. I believe both teams will be in the state tournament, and quite honestly, I think Bearden will win it. 2 in a row for District 4-AAA. Next year make it 3 in a row as Bearden will repeat.

Maybe if they would have the Region at a location that actually has some seating everyone could get in. I am still trying to figure out how Oak Ridge is going to score? Stephens may have 15. Quinche will not get more than 8. Those other guys will not be getting wide open looks, I assure you. I honestly do not see how OR can win tonight. I do agree with many of the rest of you, though. I believe both teams will be in the state tournament, and quite honestly, I think Bearden will win it. 2 in a row for District 4-AAA. Next year make it 3 in a row as Bearden will repeat.

Stephens will get in the paint off the dribble whenever he wants. 20 points and numerous assist for his teammates. This will open up scoring opportunities for Dowdell and company. Dowdell will be able to score at least 15. If O.R. scores 60 they win.

I just can't see Bearden winning the State. Yes they have good size, are well coached, and can score on the inside. But their inability to consistently make outside shots will haunt them at some point. Last year Maryville made you pay when you helped off in the post by making threes. Bearden just doesn't pose that threat. Bearden might win tonight and they might get to the State but as for winning it I just can't see it happening. Of course I didn't think Maryville would have won it last year. But Last years Maryville team was a little better in my estimation.

Oak Ridge will score on Bearden the same way they have on everyone else. Bearden has weak guards that will make turnovers when they are hit with the press, and OR will capitalize.

IF Bearden can manage to get past halfcourt, they shouldn't have a problem feeding it to their big men in the paint, but I still think OR will win this game by 8-10.

Oak Ridge will score on Bearden the same way they have on everyone else. Bearden has weak guards that will make turnovers when they are hit with the press, and OR will capitalize.

IF Bearden can manage to get past halfcourt, they shouldn't have a problem feeding it to their big men in the paint, but I still think OR will win this game by 8-10.

Bearden is not like every other team OR has played. I am sure Bearden will turn it over some against the OR pressure but even with a 21-5 turnover edge, OR barely beat Maryville. OR might win the turnover battle but it won't be by nearly as much because Bearden will force way more turnovers than Maryville did. As Etcoach correctly noted, Bearden will play much tougher D on OR than the soft zone approach Maryville employed.

Also, don't underestimate the importance of the homecourt advantage for the Bulldogs.

Sour grapes from a William Blount man?

Very sour!!!! I have seen Bearden play numerous times this season. I have seen them shoot poorly, but I have also seen them make 10 3's in a game. What I have seen consistently as of late is their ability to DEFEND. When they decide to defend (and I am talking about half-court) good shots are hard to come by. They held Maryville to 1 FG in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half in the District Championship game. Process that for a minute. 1 FG in 15 minutes. Maryville could not even get a decent shot off. OR has good athletes, but their ability to win AT Bearden is limited. It is going to take a heck of a game by Jared. The home court is a big factor. Once again, Bearden by doubles. Congrats to Ricky, Travis, and Wes though for winning the other night. That is a great bench with three quality coaches and young men.

Having seen both of these teams play Maryville twice - it will all come down to how Bearden handles the press. Obviously Maryville had some problems - that led to about 20 turnovers and probably 20 points too. If Bearden cant handle the press, I expect OR to win. If Bearden can work their inside game with Simpson, then they have a chance to win. Should be a great game, I'm just bummed Maryville is out of it.