McMinn Central @ Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the LA BOYS. Huge win. I hate to keep riding the Ramsey and TJ Smith train but with huge games out of them...along with Chase Dunn and another monster game, the cats will be in the BORO next week. Coach Melton has done tremendous things for this program in the three short years he has been there but let's be honest we all know he will be dissappointed without THE GOLD BALL this season. I believe I heard from several people that he told them at the beginning of the year the only thing that would make this season satisfying is a state championship, if that is so they are in a really good position to accomplish that goal. I have a GUT FEELING that LA will be there on saturday and there is a good chance the way they are playing that they could be coming home with the elusive gold ball. By the way, it has been 11 years since the LA boys went to state, until 2008....The last time they played for the state championship was all the way back in 1946. (count em 62 years, will 2008 bring an end to that also?????? Only time will tell, and it is all up to HOGEYE..good luck in the state CATS you guys deserve it.

After a slow start we finally put away a fine McMinn Central. team. It looked like we came out a little nervous which is understandable with what was riding on the outcome. Clint West has to be commended on his play tonight. He scrapped and clawed from tip to finish as we struggled to get going. Way to go Clint keep fighting son, and playing with the heart of a champion. Kendall Melton was another player that needs to be commended for his hard nosed play. Probably didn't score very many but played his role very well by getting on the boards and mixing it up with the much taller and agile McMinn players.

Devin Ramsey played the biggest game of his life tonight in the biggest game of his career and the biggest game for LA basketball in several years. McMinn simply couldn't stop him from scoring. Chase finally got untracked and we finally settled down and played our game. T.J. and Todd hit some key baskets and played their usual defense, once again we played as a team and Coach Melton used his bench to finish off a very tired McMinn team. During the 4th quarter the LA DEPTH became pretty evident as we scored easy baskets. McMinn had a very fine team #'s 23 and 10 stand out more than the others. Depth hurt them tonight as well as the outside shot which was non existent. Congrats on a good year Chargers.

Way to go "HOGEYE" congradulations...Want to give ramsey a big congrads on a big game for him tonight!! Fan's were loud and proud..sweeh!!!!

WOW!! What a game. Very close through 3 but LA had another BIG 4TH quarter. Congratulations on a good season to MC and thanks to all the many fans who followed you to the game.

Chase Dunn had another big game, as usual. We have grown to expect that from him. Devin Ramsey played like a man possessed!! Don't let this go to your head, but if you keep playing like this, and everyone else contributes as usual, we will not lose again!! Great game guys!! Only 3 more to go!!! Beginning to feel like 2005 FB run!! GO BIG BLUE!!!

Just looked at other scores from tonight. Looks like AE and Fulton are as good in basketball as they are in FB. And the bad thing about that is they cannot play each other until the finals being they are from the same region. So we are going to have to beat 1 if not both to reach finals. It's going to be tough from here on in, but when the going gets tough, HOGEYE gets going!! GO BIG BLUE!!

Attention LA fans, you need to go ahead and book your hotels in the Boro. They are going fast. Be sure and reserve three nights. We need you there. All the supprt we can muster for McMinn Central would be great.

really? got your hotel booked yet? is that what you are thinking about on the way home. all the support we can muster for Livingston Academy would be great! be sure to reserve 3 nights