Northeast Tennessee Track & Field

Agent47

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the best athletes competing this year and which teams are the best?

Overall, I think that the area's depth is down but

here are a few:

Girls

Hannah Bowers - Science Hill

Emma Bowers - SH

Kayla Kuziola - SH

Laura Loveless - Dobyns-Bennett

Kendra Sokol - D-B

Amanda Loughlin - D-B

Veronica Morelock - Daniel Boone

Boys

Josh Vasquez - D-B

Adrien Hill - SH

Solomon Duanah - SH (don't know if he is running)

Andrew Price - Daniel Boone

Spencer Frantom - Morristown West

There are a few sleepers out there that will surprise but I'll let them surprise everyone else.

As far as girls teams go, I think that as long as Science Hill has the Bowers girls, they have to be the favorites on the girls side with Dobyns-Bennett probably second. D-B's strength is their distance girls with Loveless and Sokol leading the way. I don't know if D-B will have the sprinters to offset the SH sprinters. Daniel Boone has some distance girls that could make some noise and if they can get some quality sprinters and field girls out they could be the best of the rest.

I do not see a clear cut favorite on the boys side. There are a few individuals in the various events but I just don't see anyone having the depth to be a really strong team. I think that Dobyns-Bennett would probably be the favorite with Morristown West being a choice for second.

here are a few:

Girls

Emma Bowers - SH

Kayla Kuziola - SH

Kendra Sokol - D-B

Amanda Loughlin - D-B

Boys

Josh Vasquez - D-B

Adrien Hill - SH

There are a few sleepers out there that will surprise but I'll let them surprise everyone else.

As far as girls teams go, I think that as long as Science Hill has the Bowers girls, they have to be the favorites on the girls side with Dobyns-Bennett probably second. D-B's strength is their distance girls with Loveless and Sokol leading the way. I don't know if D-B will have the sprinters to offset the SH sprinters. Daniel Boone has some distance girls that could make some noise and if they can get some quality sprinters and field girls out they could be the best of the rest.

I do not see a clear cut favorite on the boys side. There are a few individuals in the various events but I just don't see anyone having the depth to be a really strong team. I think that Dobyns-Bennett would probably be the favorite with Morristown West being a choice for second.

Come Wed and check out ole -E /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> town

Don't forget Jasmine Foster thrower for SHHS.

here are a few:

Girls

Emma Bowers - SH

Kayla Kuziola - SH

Kendra Sokol - D-B

Amanda Loughlin - D-B

Boys

Josh Vasquez - D-B

Adrien Hill - SH

Here is a surprise for you. I saw Freshman Chris Sensabaugh (DB) run a 52 sec split in the 4x400 relay last week. He is not only going to challange for the Conference Title, but may the Region and the State Title. He has just started running (football then basketball). And has never ran track before.

Let's go #32

Roll Tribe Roll

Here is a surprise for you. I saw Freshman Chris Sensabaugh (DB) run a 52 sec split in the 4x400 relay last week. He is not only going to challange for the Conference Title, but may the Region and the State Title. He has just started running (football then basketball). And has never ran track before.

Let's go #32

Roll Tribe Roll

Elizabethton still won /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

State:

Finals

1 Gilreath, James SR Bartlett 47.33

2 Moore, Nathaniel JR Antioch 48.60

3 Dickerson, Trevin SR Hamilton 48.68

4 Brooks, Roland JR John Overton 48.88

5 Smith, Preston SR Cordova 49.53

6 Shannon, Jeremy SR Wilson Central 49.93

7 Short, Joseph SO Hunters Lane 50.47

8 Cooper, Jamal SR LaVergne 51.20

Sectional:

1 Greenlee, Quentin SR Morristown W 49.90 50.04

2 Brown, Desi JR Karns High S 51.97 51.18

3 Johnson, Brandon SO Knoxville Ha 53.00 51.66

4 Chaney, Jordan SO Maryville HS 52.10 51.76

5 Michael, Turay FR Knoxville We 51.62 52.10

6 Cotter, Derek JR Sevier Count 52.56 52.78

7 Johnson, Rokieus JR Clinton High 53.20 53.44

8 Farmer, Benji SR Sullivan Cen 53.80 53.80

Top 4 advance from Sectional. A 52 is good, especially for a frosh, but because it's a split I won't put too much stock into it for now. I think if he improves like he should he has a chance to run at state BUT, he's got some competition to look at. Brown, Johnson, Chaney, Michael, Cotter, and Johnson are all returning again.

That's funny. Chris ran the 1st leg, dusted Betsy and was on an all Freshman 4x400 Team.

B/S too bad i ran the first leg yea Derek Carr ME finished first with a split of 53 and chris with a 55 know what your talking about..... feels like crap getting beat by a lil school like us in 4x100 4x400 dont it