AA Breakdown

jwcardin

I think the game will be great tonight, but I hope Upperman isn't hoping Davis is going for almost 30 again with the two potential players that will guard her.

Without getting into "ours are better than yours" I will tell you that Upperman is a better team than they showed last night. I have never seen them miss as many free throws as last night or not come off the floor for a rebound. I don't feel like Upperman always hopes or expect Lashay to go for 30, she just does. The good think is Lashay is a strong leader & supporter of the other girls. If she gets doubled or tripled she knows any of the other girls can score & Dana relies on that too. So I don't think it is accurate to say shut Lashay down & Upperman crumbles. I know for Upperman to come out with the win tomorrow they will have to play top notch and hit free throws, take advantage of the double teams, JUMP when they rebound and don't hold anything back...leave it ALL on the court.

Milan has a great group of athletes and Gray was very impressive but just like Upperman I'm sure had she not scored most the points that someone else would have stepped up. Milan is very quick & handles the ball well. There is no surprise they have made it to the state because they can flat play ball.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not mean to accuse you of bashing. There have been several posts in more than one thread, that kind of say that sort of thing. You certainly dont appear to be one of the dummies that would talk like that! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree that the supporting cast did not step up like they needed to. Upperman is usually a 3headed monster. And the other two, for various reasons, did not give us the game that we normally get out of them. I would look for that to change against Milan.

I think everyone steps it up a bit tomorrow, and this will be a great game.

I watched Milan yesterday, and it was obvious that Creekwood wanted to take the Poston kid out her game, but the Gray kid made them pay for that move. That is what good team do, and I was very impressed. (not saying that "impressing gatorbill" should be anyones goal. hahaha)

I also want to see that double spin move in slow motion. I dont know how it happens without taking an extra step. Didnt exactly look legal, but man was it impressive. She is fast, no doubt.

I think Upperman has their hands full. But I think that Milan will have their hands full also. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Its quite an impressive move... I don't think a walk has been called on it all season so it must be at least somewhat legal lol I would like to see it in slow-mo too just to see how truely awesome it is tho... The only time i think she has been called for a travel attacking the basket is when other girls get their hands in her grill and make it to were she cant put the ball on the floor or take it up for the shot

I have two words: SHANIQUA GRAY! She is amazing and she is the reason Milan will win it all. WOW!

I think you will find out that it will be Milan vs Central in the finals... I really don't think anyone knows or understands what a deep bench can do for a team.. Most has already found out. Should be a great showdown!!!! If these two make it to the finals...

GO CHARGERETTES.......

I'm thinking I'll probably stay home and listen on the radio...I'm also going back to Murfreesboro next week to watch the boys state tournaments...That's alot of trips to Murfreesboro and back, lol. I hope Milan wins it all but Marshall Co. is VERY athletic! Take about 3 or 4 Gray's and Poston's and throw 'em together and you got Marshall Co. #24 from Marshall Co. is unbelievably good, atleast today she was. Perika Glenn will have her hands full. #24 is very tall, very lengthy, very athletic, and VERY good! I pray that Milan wins tomorrow and Saturday, just take one game at a time!