Single A state Champion!

TempleTrue

Well... You may very well be correct on all your assumptions, but it is easy to talk. We heard the same talk last year about how good the West was and none of the West teams made it beyond the semis. If you remember, last year there were two teams from the East playing in the finals. In fact, they were both from region three. Hmmm.... Could it be that this is just more of the same old talk that we have had to listen to for quite some time now? (Yawn).

uhhhh...no. The two teams from west tennessee this year will make the others wish they'd been beaten earlier. So their parents and fans didn't have to spend all that money to get there and they would have only been humiliated by a few hundred people instead of several thousand.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... You may very well be correct on all your assumptions, but it is easy to talk. We heard the same talk last year about how good the West was and none of the West teams made it beyond the semis. If you remember, last year there were two teams from the East playing in the finals. In fact, they were both from region three. Hmmm.... Could it be that this is just more of the same old talk that we have had to listen to for quite some time now? (Yawn).

Green Acres, the east teams better HOPE better yet PRAY that Manassas and Union City are on the same side of the bracket! Cause in A, these are the best 2 teams in the whole state!

Eagleville has a pretty good team... but I do not see them playing within 15 of UC or Manassas... But this saying goes for every team that is in the tournament... This is a non-bias statement because I am from Mid tenn and have nothing to do with any of these teams participating... Good luck to all, but it will be a UC/Manassas final no matter which game they meet up in...

Manassas is probably the most athletic team in any class in Tennessee this year...I listened to it on AM1190

Are you kidding? Any class?

You might want to go and watch Antioch (AAA) play. They have not lost to an in state team this year. They won their AAA substate game by 62 points and had about 12 dunks. They have 3 kids over 6'6 and I assure you would destroy Manassas if they met.

Manassas is very talented but nothing compared to Antioch-and I am a single A fan!

uhhhh...no. The two teams from west tennessee this year will make the others wish they'd been beaten earlier. So their parents and fans didn't have to spend all that money to get there and they would have only been humiliated by a few hundred people instead of several thousand.

Honestly? It still sounds like the same old empty rhetoric. Do not misunderstand. No one is disrespecting the west. We all know that Union City and Mannassa (and Humboldt) are all good teams but the funny thing is that you all think you are the only good teams. How do you argue with an undefeated record? It speaks for itself.

One question, though, for you west teams: If you lose, will you shut up and quit telling us how good you are and bad we are? Your bragging would be a lot more bearable if you did not have to disrespect other good teams in the process. Temple has won the title three out of the last six years, in fact, the paper said recently, (I think) that a team from the east has either won or been runner up at state six out of the last seven years. So, stop disrespecting us.

Honestly? It still sounds like the same old empty rhetoric. Do not misunderstand. No one is disrespecting the west. We all know that Union City and Mannassa (and Humboldt) are all good teams but the funny thing is that you all think you are the only good teams. How do you argue with an undefeated record? It speaks for itself.

One question, though, for you west teams: If you lose, will you shut up and quit telling us how good you are and bad we are? Your bragging would be a lot more bearable if you did not have to disrespect other good teams in the process. Temple has won the title three out of the last six years, in fact, the paper said recently, (I think) that a team from the east has either won or been runner up at state six out of the last seven years. So, stop disrespecting us.

Well said Green Acres.

It's the same way in football & baseball with alot of those West TN teams until they reach the Boro and get soundly defeated by teams from east of the TN River. Just look back at the past 10 years in any sport and see who is winning the 1A titles. The past two games I remember hearing about UC was when TC destroyed them in the 05 football title game and when Temple sent them packing in basketball. Or look back at South Pitt in football vs "Mighty McKenzie" and the absolute beat down they took this past December. Or look back at last years baseball when big bad Huntington rolled into the Boro and FCS came out of the losers bracket to destroy all comers and take the title in a run rule over west TN teams of Huntington and JCS.

Looks like West TN needs to do less talking and more producing.

IT DONT MATTER WAT UR RECORD IS CUZ ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT, ME PERSONALY IM GOIN WITH THE UNDERDOG FROM JC EVERYBODY UNDERESTIMATED US WHEN WE PLAYED CSAS AND WE BEAT THEM BUT THIS BOYS HAVE BEEN FIRIN ON ALL CYLINDERS SINCE THE LOSE TO CLENIA IN DISTRICT.

WHO WE BE?.......................JC!!!!!

P.S. GOOD LUCK TO LA