Single A state Champion!

TempleTrue

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SingleAfan, I have to post in respones to you earlier thread on football and basketball in single A. First, you are wrong about UC getting knocked out of the tourney by Temple. The last time UC was in the tourney, 2 years ago I believe, didn't Weddle and the boys bring back the gold ball to the UC?If memory serves me right they did. Second in the last 3 years of A football the title has been splitt 1-1-1 middle(Trousdale Co.), West(JCS) and east(South Pitt.). Not really dominating by any team. Good luck to all 8 teams left standing that is a great accomplishment in itself! I feel that the 2 teams left standing, if they are in opposite brackets, will be UC and Manassas. Purple and Gold Standard knows it pains me to say this b/c of the history but I see a purple and gold tornado holding the gold ball sat. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

SingleAfan, I have to post in respones to you earlier thread on football and basketball in single A. First, you are wrong about UC getting knocked out of the tourney by Temple. The last time UC was in the tourney, 2 years ago I believe, didn't Weddle and the boys bring back the gold ball to the UC?If memory serves me right they did. Second in the last 3 years of A football the title has been splitt 1-1-1 middle(Trousdale Co.), West(JCS) and east(South Pitt.). Not really dominating by any team. Good luck to all 8 teams left standing that is a great accomplishment in itself! I feel that the 2 teams left standing, if they are in opposite brackets, will be UC and Manassas. Purple and Gold Standard knows it pains me to say this b/c of the history but I see a purple and gold tornado holding the gold ball sat. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Union City and Temple have never played....Last time UC was in The Boro they beat Cloudland,Wayne County and Chattanooga Grace Baptist...

I hope you are right wardawg...

How about 5 of 8 gold balls the last two years. HOWS THAT FOR PRODUCTION?

I was referring to the past 1 yr and all sports in 1A championships. I count 0 gold balls in the past year for west TN in the 1A classification. Football = South Pitt destroyed west TN (McKenzie), Baseball = FC run-ruled west TN (JCS), and Basketball= TEMPLE is defending 1A Champ. How's that for 1a west TN production?

But I know you are a Dyer County fan and you know they will get destroyed in 2A so I understand your trying to jump on the Manassas and UC bandwagons because they are your best hope at a GOLD Basketball returning to West TN this year.

Legend...I got a sneaky feeling UC or Manassas won't be sneaking up on anybody... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe you are right because they talk stuff about UC, but have not mentioned Manassas.

Maybe its respect or maybe we are not relevant to them.

Here is the way it looks on paper...

STRENGTH_____SUCCESS_____WIN/LOSS

Jackson__________Union__________Union

Grace____________Moore__________Mannassas

Union____________Grace___________Moore

Eagleville_________Mannassas_______Grace

Moore____________Eagleville________University

Temple___________University________Eagleville

Mannassas________Temple__________Temple

University_________Jackson_________Jackson

Thanks for correcting me on the Temple mistake Wardawg. I am not saying that Manassas and Union City should not be favored to win this years 1A basketball title. They are the clear favorites. But don't count out the other 6 teams like dcballas was trying to do.

As for 1A football titles I think your last 3 years statement is correct but if you look at the past 10 years I think you will see that West Tn's only 1A title is JCS and WEST TN only has 2 in the last 15-20 years in 1A. JCS is now 2A and if you look at Baseball USJ has won some titles but they are now 2A as well. Other than that baseball in 1A is dominated by Middle TN.

There is no doubt that WEST TN tends to dominate in basketball. Especially in the AA and AAA classes. However in 1A things are pretty balanced with the exception of Temple's domination in recent years.

Best of luck to all teams and participants.

Here is the way it looks on paper...

STRENGTH_____SUCCESS_____WIN/LOSS

Jackson______________Union______________Union

Grace________________Moore______________Mannassas

Union________________Grace_______________Moore

Eagleville_____________Mannassas___________Grace

Moore________________Eagleville____________University

Temple_______________University____________Eagleville

Mannassas____________Temple______________Temple

University_____________Jackson______________Jackson

This crap dont matter at this point. what im saying is teams like you Manassas has been beating by 40.

Moore County beat Middleton by1 or 2 and Manassas beat them 4 times 1 of those times by 40.

UC beat them by 40 also.

Does anybody have any faith with the Moore County boys winning the gold ball. I been to a couple of their games and they are pretty good. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Dude, they could barely beat Middleton. Manassas and UC beat them by 40