fall

tonto

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenwoodrun

Third in the state? Well, he asked for bold predicitions, that's certainly bold. Going from 20th to 3rd in one season can be done but it does not very often...especially when Farragut, Houston and Bearden, Bartlett and those guys tend to "reload" as fast as they graduate guys. They are alreay on top of the mountain, it will be hard to get them off. Tonto, here's a not-so-bold one for you: The AAA team titles will be won by teams that are NOT from middle Tennessee. History stinks sometimes, but that's the way it goes in Tennessee.

Thanks for being so "cordial" with your reply! :) May be wishful thinking- but BC returns Taylor who was region champ- and has been working hard this summer- along with a fellow senior(trottman) that has really stepped it up, a couple of juniors and sophomores and 2 very talented rising freshman- that can run with the big boys! Won't be long- we will see- depends on the determination of the individual I suppose!

Guest kenwoodrun

TJ is still around? Yeah, he should do well. I'm hoping Beech and/or Hendersonville lost some depth, because they rolled over us in our region last year. In the Tompkins Farm races, you gotta think BA will seal the deal once again, even with Brad Polley finally outta here. They have Bumbalaugh with a lot of years to go, they'll be fine. How about good old Cookeville? Got my vote for most improved team last year...Turned a lot of heads. What's the scoop there, Tonto? Lavergne will be down I think, they lose Labronn Anderson and another good senior...I know there are a few brand new schools to enter the midstate conference, jury is still out if any of them will have any studs or not. From around Clarksville, watch individually for Jimmy Clark (Rossview) and Jimmy Hebda (Clarksville High). They have been training like absolute monsters, and they ran off and left me on a 10-miler in June when I was having a good day. We'll manage to put together a respectable squad for the guys, but it will be a bunch of hard-working average guys, as I don't have any 16:00 horses in the stable right now.

Then again, I'm a girls coach...what do I know about guys? ;)

Haha! Glad to see me go, kenwoodrun? Well, I just heard about this site, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents. No big secret but BA should take the Midstate meets at Gallatin this year. BA loses 4 of the top 7, but honestly should not be much worse than last years state runner-up team with the emergence of Bumbalough and Ross Robinson, and some other young guys. I just wish I could stick around for a few more years. There are some awesome things going on in BA XC and Track. They should take the Div. 2 Region meet as well and a high placing at state. As nasty as the Tompkin's Farm course is, it was good to me and I had a bit of success there, but it's time to move on and let my boy, Bumbi take over. I hope everyone has a great season and pound those miles this summer. Take it easy.

-Brad Polley

[Edited by BPolley on 7/31/02 10:17P]

So who all posts on this board? Sorry, don't know anyone here, and haven't heard much about this site. Yall should check out the message boards on Dyestat and Letsrun.com. They are really good. I think I recognize Tonto from Dyestat though. Have you posted there before?

yeah, i've posted a couple of times on dyestat. i'm now an ex-runner (competitively at least). that is, unless i transfer from UT seeing as i never ran a 1:50 800 in high school. anyways, i'm just trying to keep up with my boys at cookeville. they should have another surprise season. we finished 2nd to BA last year and won region 4 and the gallatin invitational. they should be just as good if not better and could finish a distant 2nd again to BA, unless somebody from the midstate improves a lot this year. also, my boy justin birdwell should be in the hunt for the top spot in the all-midstate AAA race with davidson, clark , and hebda. birdwell will be a senior this year, but this is only his second season...last year, as a rookie junior he ran 16:27 at state and was third in the all-midstate. cookeville also returns another all-midstater in spud flatt. also, jim hurder from oakland will only be a sophomore this year, but i think he will be up there in the midstate. you never know what oakland will have, but hendersonville should be pretty good too.

*NOTE: when talking about midstate AAA teams all comments are made on a midstate AAA scale, not on a scale of state competitiveness (although birdwell and davidson could see the state medalstand this year).

Guest kenwoodrun

Knoxville is an ungodly place to try to fit in as an 800 guy, they've upped the ante in that department (Mark Sylvester, the 1:49 guy from Alan Webb's old school, etc.). Keep running, maybe the road racing circuit is calling :) We're sending our 37.4 hurdler down there, I hope he makes their travel team. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Cookeville team..."Spud", that's a sweet name.

Polley, nothing personal, but you've owned the "Farm" long enough...somebody else's turn. I think it was you and Labronn Anderson who hooked up in an absolutely epic sprint to win the conference race last October (?). I had to run against a B.A. guy named Destin Tompkins back in the day who really ran well on that course, I actually thought they named the course after him (ha ha). That guy was a stud, think he finished 2nd in the state that year.