fall

tonto

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by tnwareagle:

Bradley girls have a good a shot as anyone at winning a state cross country title...

I agree with TnWareagle Bradley has alot of young talent on the boys and girls squads that should take them further this year than in the past. I predict both teams in the top 5 in state. Not just this year but for the next 3 to 4 years. Go Bears!!!!!!!!!! :)

Guest kenwoodrun

I'm hearing some buzz about the boys from McMinn County being a serious player this year...Who are these guys and are they buzzworthy? They aren't in the traditional list of "powerhouses", I hadn't heard their named thrown around much.

Posted by kenwoodrun:

I'm hearing some buzz about the boys from McMinn County being a serious player this year...Who are these guys and are they buzzworthy? They aren't in the traditional list of "powerhouses", I hadn't heard their named thrown around much.

I would say definitely buzzworthy! They have alot of returning talent-showed well last year at Region and did go on to state- this year should be more promising than last. I know Josh Hicks and he is really dedicated to the sport now that he quit basketball. He is a great runner!

:D

yeah, i would say mcminn could definitely be top 5 this year. all of the powerhouses lost the meat of their teams, and you're talking about a team that won their region, was 11th at state last year (12 points ahead of us), they had a guy on the medal stand, and then they turn around a bust out an 8:13 4x800 this spring...i don't think they lost anyone so i would say they're in the hunt to be top 5. kenwood- you heard any talk about the midstate?

Posted by tonto:

yeah, i would say mcminn could definitely be top 5 this year. all of the powerhouses lost the meat of their teams, and you're talking about a team that won their region, was 11th at state last year (12 points ahead of us), they had a guy on the medal stand, and then they turn around a bust out an 8:13 4x800 this spring...i don't think they lost anyone so i would say they're in the hunt to be top 5. kenwood- you heard any talk about the midstate?

Yes I beleave that Mcminn is good but Bradley will probably give them a good run because the Bradley guys have been getting up early in the morning this summer and have been working there butts off to be in the top 5 in state. Time will tell though we will all find out soon enough.

[Edited by TrackandCross on 8-10-02 7:55A]

sorry, but i dont really know anything about bradley, so i can't really say much. i do know that taylor should be very strong and they had another guy this spring in the two mile or maybe it was the mile that was pretty good. sounds like they've been working hard so region 3 should be interesting. i hope both teams have great seasons.

Guest kenwoodrun

Ok, I put this on Dyestat and I'll put it here for perspective's sake. I believe in optimism and setting high goals, but do think about how tough top five is. Last year's fifth place team, Germantown...their fifth and LAST scoring runner finished only 5 seconds behind BC's #1 man, Jeff Taylor in the state meet. Another five seconds, and Germantown would have completely shut out BC in a dual meet, 15-50. That's how tough 5th place is. I will concede that the state meet may not be as tough this year, and also that BC will probably improve dramatically from last year. But top five...just remember how tough the top five is. No ill will intended, please don't go off on me, BC people. It's just a huge amount of ground to make up...and I will be the first to congratulate you if you make that leap. I only had one guy under 17 last year...you need 5 of them to contend for the top five in a normal year. Anyway, check this out...if I messed something up, feel free to correct:

2001 AAA State Meet Boys Team Qualifiers

(State meet finish in parentheses, top three teams listed in order of regional finish)

Region 1 (East TN):

Science Hill (7th), Dobyns-Bennett (6th), Morristown West (18th)

Next three: Sullivan East, Morristown East, Tennessee High

Region 2 (Knoxville Area):

Farragut (1st), Bearden (3rd), Knoxville West (8th)

Almost in: Oak Ridge

Region 3 (Chattanooga Area):

McMinn County (11th), Cleveland (13th), Bradley Central (21st)

Next three: Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah, Red Bank

Region 4 (Mufreesboro and Southern Midstate):

Cookeville (12th), Oakland (17th), Tullahoma (14th)

Next three: Columbia, Riverdale, Lebanon

Region 5 (Clarksville and Northern Midstate):

Hendersonville (16th), Lavergne (15th), Beech (20th)

Next three: Kenwood, Rossview, Clarksville

Region 6 (Nashville area):

Brentwood (22nd), Hunters Lane (23rd), Franklin (24th)

Next three: Who cares?

Region 7 (West TN, Memphis):

Bartlett (4th), Cordova (10th), Bolton (9th)

Next three: JCM, Hardin, Northside

Region 8 (Memphis Area):

Houston (2nd), Germantown (5th), Collierville (19th)

Next two: Memphis Central, White Station

Relative strength of regions (approximate), strongest to weakest:

1. Knoxville

2/3. Both Memphis Regions

4. East Tennessee

5. Southern Midstate, Murfreesboro

6. Chattanooga

7. Northern Midstate, Clarksville

8. Nashville

P.S. to my boy Tonto....what in the $$$$!!!((($#$#@@ is up with Nashville. Last, dead last, and completely dead last in the team standings. This is why I hang my head in shame when the talk of midstate comes up. Nashville should be leading the way, but if you aren't DII in the Music City, you apparently just stink.

Guest kenwoodrun

Can't forget the girls...here's the girls version. A lot of folks think that Farragut and Houston will again be going head to head for all the cookies. What a shock. Maybe I can get into the top 10 this year??? Gotta get there first :x

2001 AAA State Meet Girls Team Qualifiers

(State meet finish in parentheses, top three teams listed in order of regional finish)

Region 1 (East TN):

Dobyns-Bennett (3rd), Science Hill (7th), Sullivan East (15th)

Next three: Tennessee High, Morristown West, Morristown East

Region 2 (Knoxville Area):

Farragut (2nd), Oak Ridge (9th), Maryville (13th)

Next two: Knoxville West, William Blount

Region 3 (Chattanooga Area):

Soddy Daisy (14th), Bradley Central (17th), Cleveland (23rd)

Next three: McMinn County, Ooltewah, Cumberland County

Region 4 (Murfreesboro and Southern Midstate):

Tullahoma (19th), Oakland (20th), Riverdale (24th)

Next three: Columbia, Blackman, Cookeville

Region 5 (Clarksville and Northern Midstate):

Kenwood (12th), Northwest (10th), Rossview (18th)

Next three: Beech, Gallatin, Lavergne

Region 6 (Nashville area):

Brentwood (4th), Hillsboro (21st), Pearl Cohn (22nd)

Next three: Who knows?

Region 7 (West TN, Memphis):

Bolton (5th), Cordova (6th), Bartlett (8th)

Next three: JCM, Dyersburg, Mumford

Region 8 (Memphis area):

Houston (1st), White Station (11th) , Germantown (16th)

Next three: Memphis Central, Collierville, Wooddale

Relative strength of regions (approximate), strongest to weakest:

1. Memphis / West Tennessee

2. Knoxville Area

3. East Tennessee

4. Memphis (HoustonĻ"s region)

5. Northern Midstate, Clarksville

6. Nashville

7. Chattanooga

8. Southern Midstate, Murfreesboro

kenwood-i would say 5th is better for region 4, i would venture a guess that in the past few years we have been 6th or 7th (saved only by nashville). the girls of region 4 were down bigtime with erin macbeth and blair collins gone and invincible oakland being trampled by tullahoma...speaking of girls teams, tullahoma should be pretty decent, they showed poorly at state, but i think they return most of their team...i think they could be solid. how many do you return, coach?

anyways, yeah, nashville doesnt even pay attention to AAA cross country. but when i ask you about midstate i also mean region 5 and region 4. didnt your guys lose some top runners? smyrna should look a little weaker without strength and ellis (i wish i could've seen what he was really capable of). will hendersonville still be pretty strong? what about beech and gallatin?