Cumberland County

musiclover

Just discovered this site, very cool, lots of good info here.

Glad to find a source like this.

Question for yall tho,

I have several friends with incoming freshmen at CCHS in Cumberland County.

Not a whole lot of info on here about them, anyone know their district, and all that.

Not to mention anything about CCHS as a team?

I know in the past unfortunatly the County as a whole has always had a very weak baseball program. Looks like too much emphasis on girls softball,,nothing personal girls, just something ive noticed.

As the new kid here, Im just curious what the feel is state wide regarding our programs here.

Anyway, the kids coming into the High School program are all great athletes and have played travel ball outside the county, hopefully their experience will be a factor.

Question for yall tho,

Not a whole lot of info on here about them, anyone know their district, and all that.

I know in the past unfortunatly the County as a whole has always had a very weak baseball program. Looks like too much emphasis on girls softball,,nothing personal girls, just something ive noticed.

As the new kid here, Im just curious what the feel is state wide regarding our programs here.

Anyway, the kids coming into the High School program are all great athletes and have played travel ball outside the county, hopefully their experience will be a factor.

Hey Musiclover. Welcome to the site and I must apologize for your first reply to your comment having to be from someone who obviously is more interested in football than baseball and knows nothing of the baseball program at CCHS. However, opinions are like a certain part of the anatomy, everyone has one!

I am proud to say that my son is also an incoming freshman this year at CCHS and we are thrilled to be a part of a young, energetic, and enthusiastic team. The team only has two seniors, two juniors, and the rest are sophomores and incoming freshman. It is a young team but has as you said in your note quite a few boys who have played travel ball together. We have a new coach who started with the team last year and a new assistant coach this year. Both are excellent coaches and previous ball players with a great deal of experience between them. They have worked hard with the boys and the team is coming together quite well. Of course, as I am sure you know, if you play a team with mostly juniors and seniors that have been together for some time, they do have an advantage. But if determination, strong will, ability, and love of the sport have anything to do with a team's ranking, I believe our CCHS Jets are at the top! Welcome to CCHS Jets baseball, where the love of the sport remains strong despite the OPINIONS of others!

Question for yall tho,

Welcome to the T! Go Jets!

oh yeah,,I am familiar with those "opinion are like...." type of people. Your right, there is always one in every croud.

Thanks for a couple much more positive and constructive posts.

appreciate that.

I too am looking very forward to watching this group grow, and have high hopes for them.

/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> We seem to be starting out a little slow, but hopefully all the kinks will be worked out soon.

How about their middle school group,,I know technically there is not a middle school, but that group comes on up and plays with the High School right?

Know anything about them, talent wise for the next years group of Freshmen??