Early 90's Where are they Now

captfubar

I played in the early 90s in West TN and I am wondering where some of the players are that didn't make it big time. It is easy to find info on Delk for instance.

Stanley Caldwell

Steve Hamer

Corrie Johnson (Hardin Co)

Denver Whitby

Duece Ford

Kirk Goehring

Those were great years, just wondering

I played in the early 90s in West TN and I am wondering where some of the players are that didn't make it big time. It is easy to find info on Delk for instance.

Stanley Caldwell

Steve Hamer

Denver Whitby

Duece Ford

Kirk Goehring

if you dont mind me asking where did you play

Stanley Caldwell

Steve Hamer

Denver Whitby

Duece Ford

Kirk Goehring

Kirk Goehring is the Vice President of a bank in Jakson...Not sure which one. Use to work with a team mate of his.

I think Duece Ford is an assistant under his dad at Memphis Fairley...Could be wrong but I think that's what he is doing now.

• 4 weeks later...

i also played in the 90's in mcnairy central i now live in Union City stanley caldwell is married and living in virginia I saw him last yr at christmas we grew up together in uc before i moved to mcnairy I also was good friends with corrie johnson but to be honest I haven't heard from him in yrs.

• 11 years later...

Denver Whitby lives in Fulton KY and currently has 4 drunk driving convictions plus one for rape...he didn't turn out well....his older brother Cannon who is the state of TN's 3rd all time leading scorer, played 4 years at Arkansas (never a stand out player there but a bench warmer) got a degree and is currently the President of Sysco Memphis...he turned out very well....their father, Coach Jim Whitby is currently in a nursing home in Union City suffering from Alzheimer's and dementia ...on a side note, Denver is the #8 scoring leader in the State of TN history   

On 3/4/2008 at 11:45 AM, captfubar said:

Stanley Caldwell

Steve Hamer

Denver Whitby

Duece Ford

Kirk Goehring

Corrie Johnson was at ETSU when I was a student there.  I think he transferred to Tennessee State or MTSU (I really can't remember).  Great shooter for the Bucs.  

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2008 at 11:18 AM, yankees8589 said:

Kirk Goehring is the Vice President of a bank in Jakson...Not sure which one. Use to work with a team mate of his.

I think Duece Ford is an assistant under his dad at Memphis Fairley...Could be wrong but I think that's what he is doing now.

Duece was the head coach at Fairley.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2008 at 11:38 PM, goldiiz1 said:

i also played in the 90's in mcnairy central i now live in Union City stanley caldwell is married and living in virginia I saw him last yr at christmas we grew up together in uc before i moved to mcnairy I also was good friends with corrie johnson but to be honest I haven't heard from him in yrs.

Oh my what a rivalry that became for a while … Some memorable battles between Union City and McNairy Co.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, Cowboys4Life said:

Denver Whitby lives in Fulton KY and currently has 4 drunk driving convictions plus one for rape...he didn't turn out well....his older brother Cannon who is the state of TN's 3rd all time leading scorer, played 4 years at Arkansas (never a stand out player there but a bench warmer) got a degree and is currently the President of Sysco Memphis...he turned out very well....their father, Coach Jim Whitby is currently in a nursing home in Union City suffering from Alzheimer's and dementia ...on a side note, Denver is the #8 scoring leader in the State of TN history   

Yes, Cannon never played at Arkansas could never get his shot off without the entire team setting picks for him like they did in High school but he could shoot it from deep and if they would of had three (3) pointers then he probably would have averaged 60 points . I think he (Cannon) had a gambling & drinking problem as well but got his life together & is doing good. I can remember it like it happen yesterday when he broke the state scoring record against Humboldt in the regionals at Southside high school it was standing room only in that gym & they had TV's set up in the cafeteria, library for people to watch.