Who was the standout team if any in A 1st round?

chsbulldogfan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Buffaloes was the only team who I saw as impressive today???

I did not get to see Wayne County in A but i did get to see the other 3 games. I was really impressed with the overall inside and outside presence of Bradford. I did not see that combination from any other team that won in A. Jackson County looked pretty good and Clarkrange was a tough one to figure out. Clarkrange has two tall players who are good and some outside shooting that was pretty good. BUT, I think that Clarkrange is going to have a hard time with Bradford's press and inside ability. Bradford can run 5 different players on the block and they are very physical when they get the ball inside. I have seen a lot of Bradford games this year and it was amazing to see how the girls inside have stepped up their play to help out Danielle and Jenny. I think the game between Bradford and Clarkrange is going to be very interesting and it will be a hard faught contest. If Bradford hits the boards like they did yesterday then it might make for a long day for Clarkrange. I see this game being between 3-5 points either way. I have to pull for Bradford in this one. Keep it rolling Lady Devils.

I did not get to see Wayne County in A but i did get to see the other 3 games. I was really impressed with the overall inside and outside presence of Bradford. I did not see that combination from any other team that won in A. Jackson County looked pretty good and Clarkrange was a tough one to figure out. Clarkrange has two tall players who are good and some outside shooting that was pretty good. BUT, I think that Clarkrange is going to have a hard time with Bradford's press and inside ability. Bradford can run 5 different players on the block and they are very physical when they get the ball inside. I have seen a lot of Bradford games this year and it was amazing to see how the girls inside have stepped up their play to help out Danielle and Jenny. I think the game between Bradford and Clarkrange is going to be very interesting and it will be a hard faught contest. If Bradford hits the boards like they did yesterday then it might make for a long day for Clarkrange. I see this game being between 3-5 points either way. I have to pull for Bradford in this one. Keep it rolling Lady Devils.

How about first day jitters for JC and Crange? Let them settle to the environment and I bet you'll be impressed. JC missed half there shots but still took care of buisness. If the shooters had been hot, look at the difference that would have made. Wartburg hit a big % of thier shots, they just weren't allowed to shoot that often. I am a little bias but if JC don't win a gold ball this year I believe Crange will hand us a silver one. The bottom line is the "BLING" stays in D7 with the other at least 15 balls these two have between them!

How about first day jitters for JC and Crange? Let them settle to the environment and I bet you'll be impressed. JC missed half there shots but still took care of buisness. If the shooters had been hot, look at the difference that would have made. Wartburg hit a big % of thier shots, they just weren't allowed to shoot that often. I am a little bias but if JC don't win a gold ball this year I believe Crange will hand us a silver one. The bottom line is the "BLING" stays in D7 with the other at least 15 balls these two have between them!

There are no such thing as "jitters" this late in the year. After playing over 30 games all ready this year, every team is prepared. The competition is stiffer at state and you have to be able to handle the pressure. Yes we put a lot of pressure on the kids today to perform up to our standards but the 4 teams left have my respect. They are all good teams and deserve to be where they are. I have to tell you that Bradford did not have their best day and they still won. So by your reasoning, Day 2 should be very good and D14A will be playing on Saturday.

There are no such thing as "jitters" this late in the year. After playing over 30 games all ready this year, every team is prepared. The competition is stiffer at state and you have to be able to handle the pressure. Yes we put a lot of pressure on the kids today to perform up to our standards but the 4 teams left have my respect. They are all good teams and deserve to be where they are. I have to tell you that Bradford did not have their best day and they still won. So by your reasoning, Day 2 should be very good and D14A will be playing on Saturday.

They may not of had "jitters", but they shot very poorly compared to what they normally shoot. I am not talking about contested shots, I am talking about wide open shots that were not falling. So I hope they keep getting these looks, because believe me they will start to fall. It takes a game to get the depth perception down in that gym also. That could be a reason for the poor shooting also.

They may not of had "jitters", but they shot very poorly compared to what they normally shoot. I am not talking about contested shots, I am talking about wide open shots that were not falling. So I hope they keep getting these looks, because believe me they will start to fall. It takes a game to get the depth perception down in that gym also. That could be a reason for the poor shooting also.

Thats funny, Gleason last year shot all right the first day.

Well you just be sure to come on here tomorrow night and share your excuses ok. We will all be anxious to hear them! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The depth perception is why a lot of shots were missed the first day. It takes a little to get comfortable shooting to a basket that is wide open behind it. The shooting Friday will surely improve. I cannot wait to get up there and watch the games. Go Red Devils!!!

The Lady Buffaloes was the only team who I saw as impressive today???

Sorry to burst your bubble but C'range was not their usual self. They were not that impressive at all. JC definitely wasn't either. Both teams should have won by big margins but it was the first day so we'll see. Bradford looked good in spurts but they won't beat C'range. Wayne Co. looked ok but very vulnerable to the press which doesn't bode well for them against JC. Guess we will find out who has what it takes to win even if they aren't playing their best "offensively" . Defense will win this years state championship. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Is your first name HOMER???

Sorry to burst your bubble but C'range was not their usual self. They were not that impressive at all. JC definitely wasn't either. Both teams should have won by big margins but it was the first day so we'll see. Bradford looked good in spurts but they won't beat C'range. Wayne Co. looked ok but very vulnerable to the press which doesn't bode well for them against JC. Guess we will find out who has what it takes to win even if they aren't playing their best "offensively" . Defense will win this years state championship. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

If Jackson County and ClarkRange were not ready to play then the coaches need to learn to get them ready to play on Day 1. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Jackson County is a very good team. But do not make the mistake of believing that the press Wayne County faces in D12 is less than a D7 team can provide. Wayne County may win, or they may lose, but Jackson County's press will have little effect on them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />