Marshell. vs McMinn Central

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw both teams today...I'll take Marshall Co. by 10.

Marshall Co. shot 62% from the field today and 65% from three point range but they also have the inside ability to score with their athletic post.

You keep going on (on multiple topics) about how Marshall was so hot from the field today...But it would be extremely unlikely for them to shoot like that again tomorrow...I think Central wins by 5

Ok, well we'll talk about the post play of McMinn V. the post play of Marshall.....Marshall's post players are better, more athletic, taller, and quicker. McMinn was very good but by just seeing the 2 teams today, I'd be my money on Marshall. Good Luck to both teams.

It looked like Gibson was not very quick or athletic and just didn't match up well with Marshall. I think McMinn Central, Austin East, and Marshall County are much more similar in their styles than Gibson. DISCLAIMER: This is based solely on what I saw today. Marshall had A LOT of wide open looks today. That explains why they were scorching from the field.

However, I did see two areas that give McMinn Central a chance. McMinn Central is much deeper than Marshall Co. The Chargerettes go 9 deep while the Tigerettes only played six players today for the vast majority of a blowout victory. If the game is close going into the fourth, I like the Chargerettes' chances. Secondly, Marshall County's star didn't seem to be a very good free throw shooter although it could have been opening day jitters.

With that said, if McMinn Central doesn't take better control of the basketball against Marshall County than they did today against Austin East, we're done. However, Austin East is by far the fastest team top to bottom that made the AA final 8. We were able to beat them today, so there is the possibility that we can beat the athletic and quick Tigerettes as well. Just because Central plays a bunch of white girls, don't think they lack athleticism. I'd put the Chargerettes' athleticism up against most girls in the 'boro. I'm their strength coach, so I've seen what they are capable of athletically speaking. They were able to do just enough to win against one of the most athletic teams in the state.

It looked like Gibson was not very quick or athletic and just didn't match up well with Marshall. I think McMinn Central, Austin East, and Marshall County are much more similar in their styles than Gibson. DISCLAIMER: This is based solely on what I saw today. Marshall had A LOT of wide open looks today. That explains why they were scorching from the field.

However, I did see two areas that give McMinn Central a chance. McMinn Central is much deeper than Marshall Co. The Chargerettes go 9 deep while the Tigerettes only played six players today for the vast majority of a blowout victory. If the game is close going into the fourth, I like the Chargerettes' chances. Secondly, Marshall County's star didn't seem to be a very good free throw shooter although it could have been opening day jitters.

With that said, if McMinn Central doesn't take better control of the basketball against Marshall County than they did today against Austin East, we're done. However, Austin East is by far the fastest team top to bottom that made the AA final 8. We were able to beat them today, so there is the possibility that we can beat the athletic and quick Tigerettes as well. Just because Central plays a bunch of white girls, don't think they lack athleticism. I'd put the Chargerettes' athleticism up against most girls in the 'boro. I'm their strength coach, so I've seen what they are capable of athletically speaking. They were able to do just enough to win against one of the most athletic teams in the state.

YOU GO WHITE BOY!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with you totally,,,, to much running and gunning Central by 12

You won't see another Goss or Marsh tommorrow. It's hard not to turn the ball over against them.

All the talk is about Marshall Co.'s offense. The defense didn't give Gibson many open looks which helped us get an early lead.

I'm still stunned about the game earlier.