Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

YES,WITHOUT THE CHOCTAWS DEPTH THE CHOCTAWS WOULDNT BEEN IN DEEP WATER IN 1ST HALF..BENCH PLAY WAS A "B-I-G" FACTOR IN DC" WIN TONITE AS IT HAS BEEN ALL YEAR !

Yeah R-E-X P-I-E-R-C-E! H-E-R-O!

ME TOO .. ONE OF THOSE CHOCTAW "NEVER SAY DIE" WINS ...YOU GOING FOR FRI GAME..IM THERE!!!!!!

No can't make it to that 1! Hope they pull it out! GO CHOCTAWS!!!

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a person from Dyer County and one who hopes the Choctaws win it all, I have to say that tonight's game leaves a bad taste in the mouth of anyone who watched the game obvectively.

The timeclock mess was inexcusable and was, in the end, the difference in the game. The 3 point shot by Pierce wasn't. The cameras show his foot was inside the arc when he shot.

As for the foul discrepancy, remember that CPA played a passive 1-3-1 zone and Dyer County didn't try to penetrate very much, choosing to fire 3's, which do not draw many fouls. Dyer County plays an aggressive, pressuring man-to-man and is always looking for the takeaway. Their foul total in this game was about their average for the year. They usually had more fouls than their opponents during the regular season. Also the notion that this was the "worst shooting night of the season" for DC is absurd. Their final FG percentage was 43.3 which is near their FG average for the season.

What DC fans need to learn from this is that the teams are good up here, CPA not nearly the most talented. Best keep an eye on Howard.

Good luck to DC against Fulton in Round Two.

While the traveling that was not called, and the foul differential is worth pointing out... All these are judgement calls... The fact that 7.1 seconds was put on the clock when the clock was clearly stopped at 4.6 seconds prior to the screw up by the clock keeper is a fact with no judgement whatsoever needed. CPA has a clear argument and grounds to protest to be completely honest. However, we all know that a protest is very unlikely, it is a shame that CPA is left wondering what if the referees put the 4.6 seconds on and it takes around 1.5 to 2 seconds to foul on the inbounds?? Then Pierce's three or two point attempt whichever it was would never have taken place and DC would have been forced into a desperation heave to beat the buzzer.... Congrats to DC on a hard fought game, but I also sympathize with CPA and the grumbling about the refs. Just a thought.

OH GOSH . STILL UP NORTH..OH WELL A FELLOWS GOTTA WORK..GLAD YOU GOT THE INTERNET.

Yep still up here ! I thought h3!! was supposed to be HOT ! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Wisconsin last Fall (if you could call it Fall) & NOW OHIO ! A freakin' foot of snow (now) & ice in the forecast tomorrow ! I been hearin' all of 'em though ! Best you get to the 'Borro & see 'em ! No predictions here (just my supersticious nature) but it has been 35 years since any GOLD BALL in any sport ......... IN ANY SCHOOL in DYER COUNTY !

TSSAA had the official box score up as soon as the game was over can't take the credit for that! It wasn't that quick cause I was still AMAZED on how DC just pulled it out!

great job DC. I was rooting for you, but I did not think before that DC would win. The pressure D from DC was to much for CPA.

great job DC. I was rooting for you, but I did not think before that DC would win. The pressure D from DC was to much for CPA.

Hey Legend, were you at the game? I was looking for you. Email me at mramosjr1@comcast.net so we can exchange phone numbers. We are gathering tomorrow at the bowling alley on NW Broad at 4:00pm. That is the meet and greet place for the Coacht poster tommorrow.

DCballas.....are you serious? your a sorry excuse for a fan... if anyone had the game stolen from them its cpa not only with the clock situation but also yall mauling our guards everytime down the court....you cant have it both ways....the refs let them play end of discussion.....but hats off the dyer they made 2 clutch threes in the last 16 seconds and cpa missed free throws and you cant win tight games when you miss free throws

WHy is no one mentioning that when DC inbounded the ball with about 15 seconds to play, they rolled to to almost 1/2 court before Miller defended and they had to pick up the ball. After they touched the ball, almost 4 seconds ran before the clock started. DC made a 3 with about 1.5 seconds ran, even though about 4-5 seconds should have run.

There should have been some time put back on the clock for DC when the clock was at 3 or so seconds, but the game should have already been over at that point.

Two clock mistakes in the last 15 seconds (one never corrected and one corrected wrongly) is inexcusable in a state tourney game.

As a CPA fan, I agree there were some questionable foul calls on DC and some missed travel calls on both teams, but more on CPA. DC did press more and foul more, but CPA got a few breaks on ref judgement calls. CPA also missed some crucial FT's, but that is also part of the game, and they overcame it.

Here is the problem: fouls, traveling calls, etc. are judgement calls that can't be reversed. However, when the clock doesn't start, time can be called by the refs and a correction can be made. When they didn't start the clock and gave DC about 4 seconds with 15 seconds to go, they didn't deduct the time, but later they did make a correction in DC's favor, and also added too much.

The winning shot was made about 5 seconds after the game was over.

With 13.9 seconds CPA hits 2 free throws to go up by 4. Dyer County inbounds the ball pick it up near the half court line, dribble to the corner, passes, dribbles to the top of the key. At this point no time has expired since the free throws. The ref calls time out and then instead of correcting the error and going back to the CPA end of the court, the refs give DC the ball on their own end of the floor. At this point there should be about 5 seconds left in the game, but DC gets the ball with 13.9 seconds to go. DC scores a 3 with and the clock stops at 3.9 seconds. The DC coach argues that there should be 7 seconds left and the ref adds 3.1 seconds back to the clock. CPA inbounds the ball and is fouled. CPA hits the first free throw and misses the second with 4.6 seconds. DC dribbles down the court and launches a last second shot with a foot clearly well within the arc. The refs give them 3 and sprint off the court and DC wins.

As a person from Dyer County and one who hopes the Choctaws win it all, I have to say that tonight's game leaves a bad taste in the mouth of anyone who watched the game obvectively.

The timeclock mess was inexcusable and was, in the end, the difference in the game. The 3 point shot by Pierce wasn't. The cameras show his foot was inside the arc when he shot.

As for the foul discrepancy, remember that CPA played a passive 1-3-1 zone and Dyer County didn't try to penetrate very much, choosing to fire 3's, which do not draw many fouls. Dyer County plays an aggressive, pressuring man-to-man and is always looking for the takeaway. Their foul total in this game was about their average for the year. They usually had more fouls than their opponents during the regular season. Also the notion that this was the "worst shooting night of the season" for DC is absurd. Their final FG percentage was 43.3 which is near their FG average for the season.

What DC fans need to learn from this is that the teams are good up here, CPA not nearly the most talented. Best keep an eye on Howard.

Good luck to DC against Fulton in Round Two.

SO MUCH HAPPENING AGAINST DC ALL NIGHT AFTER DC HAS A +13 PTS DIFF IN 1ST QTR. AND A DHS HATER FAN WANTS TO GIVE THE GAME TO CPA ON 1 CALL....EXCESSIVE CALLS ON DC AND NO CALLS ON CPA TRAVELING WHEN DC "D' HAD CPA STUMPED..OPPS TO THE RESCUE= "ZEBRAS"

AS IVE STATED MANY TIMES BEFORE REFS ARE THE ONLY REASON I DONT GO TO STATE ANYMORE.

GO CHOCATWS!!!!!!!!!