Should Privates and Publics Be Split?

66in74

Yes and the reason is that recruiting does happen at private schools and everyone knows it. Also, the same arrogance shown by private school coaches, athletes, and parents is also evident on this message board. Private schools need to have their own division and keep all their arrogance to themselves and just leave our public schools alone. Forrest proved on the field this weekend that women for women, they are much tougher than those with silver spoons. I am not saying they cheat; they just recruit and have more to offer to those they do recruit. Also, parents with money and they are the private school parents can afford the more expensive equipment, private lessons, and fees to buy into expensive travel ball teams where most public school parents cannot. In my experiences, coaches at privates have bigger salaries and there are more of them while at public schools, many assistants are unpaid, work for free for long hours, and then go home and bail hay till the sun goes down. Let's get real here people, it is unfair, everyone knows it, privates don't want to play each other because of the stiff competition, and something needs to be done about it.

Was that a yes or a no vote?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES.......and as a private school supporter......I expect

my vote to count as 1.8 votes!

Then.....After the final tally is complete.....we then can re-define the multiplier

to make sure the totals come way we want!

....and then if you still win, we can start a new thread so that everyone can say that you still have an unfair advantage and your votes should not even be counted with the others...............thanks for the laugh !

....and then if you still win, we can start a new thread so that everyone can say that you still have an unfair advantage and your votes should not even be counted with the others...............thanks for the laugh !

Probably right.......yet I have a kid in private school therefore I have unlimited wealth

and I could just buy the website and erase the things I do not agree with.

If all else fails....I could just recruit people to post the things

I want to read..........

Do the people that voted yes think their kids are just not good enough to match up with the privates? I don't think so.

Not being derogatory at all.....just wondering if your kids might be buying into this idea a little. Most of the time folks will use what ever excuse they can find win they lose. I say work harder, set goals for your team, BELIEVE!!!! COMPETE!!!!!

The almight TSSAA cannot make winners out of whinners. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> What satisfaction would that be if all privates in DI had to move up to AAA and you got to win that way?

My answer to the original question......I don't care either way, I think we could get passed it because the work ethic alone is different.

Another thing......If the private schools here in Jackson went DII and were aloud to recuit and give financial aid....there would be a loud sucking sound in the public schools of talent leaving and going private.

• 2 weeks later...