Ms. Basketball Class A 2009!

jamieroper

I think it is pretty cool that we have these elite players in our District. Molly, Laken, Tasha, and Kelly are all super players. Each one of them are deserving of anything they get. I read a pretty neat quote from Coach Brown when he said he told Laken to shoot that free throw like she was shooting with her Mom. The neat thing was she was shooting after practice with her Mom. I know that Molly spends a lot of time after practice in the gym with her dad because I have seen them in their shooting. I'm sure Tasha and Kelly do the same things. I also think these girls root for one another. I would like to see all of them on one team because their would be a WOW factor. You get back what you put in and it is obvious these girls put a lot in.

If there was a team created with the top 5 players in 7A (Molly, Laken, Tasha, Kelly, and ?????), they would probably beat just about anyone. A all the way through AAA. Im sure all these girls play AAU too, so they never stop playin and thats exactly what it takes. You definitely get your money worth watching any of those girls. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was a team created with the top 5 players in 7A (Molly, Laken, Tasha, Kelly, and ?????), they would probably beat just about anyone. A all the way through AAA. Im sure all these girls play AAU too, so they never stop playin and thats exactly what it takes. You definitely get your money worth watching any of those girls. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I know such a team would be good but others could be put together that would be just as good.

Dont mention creating a championship team too loudly, people might start transferring. LOL

You need to take a close look at the difference between the talent at A, AA and AAA.

In reference to the talent level at A, AA, and AAA:

Most of the girls that were mentioned are used to playing AAU and play against the best talent in our Nation (if they play D1 AAU).

And Jackson County and Clarkrange coaches are known for playing AA and AAA schools in their regular season schedules. They usually pull wins out of those matchups, so I don't really understand what you are talking about with the talent level in these divisions.

Another example, JC girls scrimmaged Wilson Central pre-season and won! So, this theory that you seem to be presenting is not always the case, especially in today's times where so many girls are working in the off season to get better at their game.

Most of the girls that were mentioned are used to playing AAU and play against the best talent in our Nation (if they play D1 AAU).

And Jackson County and Clarkrange coaches are known for playing AA and AAA schools in their regular season schedules. They usually pull wins out of those matchups, so I don't really understand what you are talking about with the talent level in these divisions.

Another example, JC girls scrimmaged Wilson Central pre-season and won! So, this theory that you seem to be presenting is not always the case, especially in today's times where so many girls are working in the off season to get better at their game.

You are right. Should have never questioned the fact that anyone from those 2 schools is far and away better than any other team that could be put together. I heard the ladyvols were even scared.

Start a AAAA division for just 2 schools. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bud, I know that Molly, Laken, and Tasha all play D1 AAU. Molly and Laken played for the same organization last year. Laken is a year older than Molly so they were not on the same team, but I know they played last year. Molly started for her AAU team and she averaged around 12 to 15 points per game against the best competition in the country at her age. Her team played several Adidas and Nike showcase tournaments across the country. In every showcase tournament her 14 and under team played up in age. The girls in 1A ball almost have to play AAU to prove they can play against the best competition. They have to overcome the "she plays A ball" mentality.

Bud, I know that Molly, Laken, and Tasha all play D1 AAU. Molly and Laken played for the same organization last year. Laken is a year older than Molly so they were not on the same team, but I know they played last year. Molly started for her AAU team and she averaged around 12 to 15 points per game against the best competition in the country at her age. Her team played several Adidas and Nike showcase tournaments across the country. In every showcase tournament her 14 and under team played up in age. The girls in 1A ball almost have to play AAU to prove they can play against the best competition. They have to overcome the "she plays A ball" mentality.

You are so right Scuba. I have heard the "she plays A ball" thing myself several times and people on Coacht have got all over me for even suggesting that a major team like the lady vols could even consider a class A player. We have great players in Class A just like the other Classes. However, when watching a higher classification game, it is obvious that the quality of play is better overall than at the class A level.

I guess I get a little ill when individuals 1)talk down kids. (If they have nothing good to say about a particular kid, then talk about one you can say something positive about. 2)When individuals get so full of themselves or their team's success that they start believing that no one can compete with a certain kid or group of kids. There are a ton of girls in Tennessee that play ball year round and that are great players. This includes the kids listed above from JC and CR. They are great players and their skills show their dedication to the game and they should be bragged on.

I would recommend anyone wanting to talk about how much better their kids are than any others to start their own thread and entitle it something like "District 7 rules and all others stink" or "the players at JC and CR are the only one's that count".

Ladies at ClarkRange and Jackson County, please do not take this as I am cutting you down. I have stated many times that you have proven your greatness on the court and your dedication and hard work shows in the results. Not many districts can claim to have had their top 2 teams meet in the finals at state. I do not know if it has ever happened and it might just happen again next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is just that some of your fans are full of themselves. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are so right Scuba. I have heard the "she plays A ball" thing myself several times and people on Coacht have got all over me for even suggesting that a major team like the lady vols could even consider a class A player. We have great players in Class A just like the other Classes. However, when watching a higher classification game, it is obvious that the quality of play is better overall than at the class A level.

I guess I get a little ill when individuals 1)talk down kids. (If they have nothing good to say about a particular kid, then talk about one you can say something positive about. 2)When individuals get so full of themselves or their team's success that they start believing that no one can compete with a certain kid or group of kids. There are a ton of girls in Tennessee that play ball year round and that are great players. This includes the kids listed above from JC and CR. They are great players and their skills show their dedication to the game and they should be bragged on.

I would recommend anyone wanting to talk about how much better their kids are than any others to start their own thread and entitle it something like "District 7 rules and all others stink" or "the players at JC and CR are the only one's that count".

Ladies at ClarkRange and Jackson County, please do not take this as I am cutting you down. I have stated many times that you have proven your greatness on the court and your dedication and hard work shows in the results. Not many districts can claim to have had their top 2 teams meet in the finals at state. I do not know if it has ever happened and it might just happen again next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is just that some of your fans are full of themselves. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think anytime you have more athletes to choose from your level of play will go up, but I also believe that there are girls in A ball that would be stars on any team in the state. They are fewer and farther between, but they are there. That is why I think AAU is so important for these girls, because it levels the field so to speak. I'm a big fan of all teams in 7A, but I'm a bigger fan of hard work and a good attitude. I know that their are young men and women all over this state that lay it on the line, and those are the players I'm a fan of. The players that I mentioned are the players I get to see and they are the ones who make me go WOW. I talked to Molly and asked her what she thought about the state tournament and she was very impressed with several players in the tournament. She mentioned how good the girl from Milan was. I think she was a Miss Basketball finalist. My point is most of the people talking all this 7A dominence stuff are fans, and that is what fans do, but the athletes that are laying it on the line don't have time for that. These girls also enjoy being around other players that are really good. Have you ever noticed at the end of the game how the stud players will hug out of respect for one another. I have witnessed that and thought you know that is great battle your butt off and then show a great respect for each other.

I think anytime you have more athletes to choose from your level of play will go up, but I also believe that there are girls in A ball that would be stars on any team in the state. They are fewer and farther between, but they are there. That is why I think AAU is so important for these girls, because it levels the field so to speak. I'm a big fan of all teams in 7A, but I'm a bigger fan of hard work and a good attitude. I know that their are young men and women all over this state that lay it on the line, and those are the players I'm a fan of. The players that I mentioned are the players I get to see and they are the ones who make me go WOW. I talked to Molly and asked her what she thought about the state tournament and she was very impressed with several players in the tournament. She mentioned how good the girl from Milan was. I think she was a Miss Basketball finalist. My point is most of the people talking all this 7A dominence stuff are fans, and that is what fans do, but the athletes that are laying it on the line don't have time for that. These girls also enjoy being around other players that are really good. Have you ever noticed at the end of the game how the stud players will hug out of respect for one another. I have witnessed that and thought you know that is great battle your butt off and then show a great respect for each other.

i agree totally

There are about three of you that get on here and put down JC and also 7a. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your team. We listened all year about our teams being overrated and what you were going to do when they got to the state tournament. Well jc and cr backed up what their fans were proud of. Now when your teams do it as you did the two years before get on here and howl if you wish. Until you do show a little good sense, and don't put people down because they win. You say you don't, but your little snipes, and covered slurs, say different. I might add your intelligence, and credibility are slipping, just like my typing and spelling ability. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Rope you are 1 of them,wonder who the other 2 are?

Me too muffin. Maybe the wise Coach07 will enlighten us.

Oh mighty coach07 /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> , please enlighten us as only you can. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey coach007 /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> , I have seen no one put down D7 or either of the championship teams. Me nor anyone else predicting who will play for what is not putting down another team. Get a grip and look up the word humility. Shoot, haven't I bragged on JC and CR enough for all us?

Also, Coach007, who said I had any intelligence or credibility to begin with to be slipping anyway? I didn't. As a matter of fact, I have given one prediction after another and said that I had cursed the team I predicted to win by doing so. And I was right. I have fans of some teams begging me to predict they will lose. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not many districts can claim to have had their top 2 teams meet in the finals at state. I do not know if it has ever happened and it might just happen again next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It has in District 7aa. 1999 Jackson County vs. Livingston Acadamy. 2001 Jackson County vs. Upperman. Hmmm........ D7......Jackson County.......What a coinky dink! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />