Dobyns-Bennett vs Red Bank

ArtVandalay

Honkylips is on vacation 24-7. What he wants is a half a day off from vacation. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I forgot about the other teams we playd in the Arbys. Wins over Dorsey (Ca.), Northview (Ga.), and Archbishop Carroll (DC.), were all quality teams. Also a 27 point win over Gate City (Va.) in the Arbys. Gate City is a very good single A team thats playing in the final 4 in Virginia group A this weekend.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honkylips is on vacation 24-7. What he wants is a half a day off from vacation. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I forgot about the other teams we playd in the Arbys. Wins over Dorsey (Ca.), Northview (Ga.), and Archbishop Carroll (DC.), were all quality teams. Also a 27 point win over Gate City (Va.) in the Arbys. Gate City is a very good single A team thats playing in the final 4 in Virginia group A this weekend.

DB didn't play Archbishop Carroll. They went 3-1 losing to Columbia, Ga and beating Gate City, Northview and Dorsey.

WaCo... can you help a brother out? I know you can.

For you Red-Bank fans, here are the players for DB that you will see Thursday night. Pts and Rebs per game are my estimates, which ain't bad, I've seen 25 or so games by the Indians this year.

#32 Jamel Williams - (6'-2") PG.. 10-15 ppg, 5 steals, 5 rebs, 5 assists. He's got NY City emotion.

#22 Justin Sylverster - (5'-10") G.. 12-20 ppg, 5 steals, 5 rebs, 5 assits. Plays D, and shoots 3's.

#44 Bronson Flack - Center (6'-9") 10 ppg, 6 rebs, 4 blocks. likes a 15ft jumper and hits it.

#34 Jordon Edwards - Forward/Post (6'-6") 10 ppg, 6 rebs, 2 blocks. Banger and coming on strong

#50 Darren Riggs - Forward/Post (6'-6") Post - 10 pts, 6 rebs. Banger, Region 1 AAA Tournament MVP

#42 Marshall Hardy - (6'-5") Forward. 10 pts, 6 rebs, Banger, Tough as a box of rocks. Team leader

#20 Todd Halvorson - (6'-3") G - 6-12 pts, from the District and Region he has been on fire & quick

#30 Duston McConnell - (6'-2") G - will score 3 or 20 pts, don't leave him open.

All 8 will play and rotate in and out all game long. You should be in shape for this game.

DB plays straight up Man to Man D. And will take it full court on you in a heart beat. If they see a weakness in ball handling, they will make a team pay, ask Bearden. They didn't want any more of that pressure.

I would appriciate a reply from the Red-Bank faithful.

DB is loading up and headed to State. We are not satisfied.

Roll Tribe Roll

WaCo... can you help a brother out? I know you can.

For you Red-Bank fans, here are the players for DB that you will see Thursday night. Pts and Rebs per game are my estimates, which ain't bad, I've seen 25 or so games by the Indians this year.

#32 Jamel Williams - (6'-2") PG.. 10-15 ppg, 5 steals, 5 rebs, 5 assists. He's got NY City emotion.

#22 Justin Sylverster - (5'-10") G.. 12-20 ppg, 5 steals, 5 rebs, 5 assits. Plays D, and shoots 3's.

#44 Bronson Flack - Center (6'-9") 10 ppg, 6 rebs, 4 blocks. likes a 15ft jumper and hits it.

#34 Jordon Edwards - Forward/Post (6'-6") 10 ppg, 6 rebs, 2 blocks. Banger and coming on strong

#50 Darren Riggs - Forward/Post (6'-6") Post - 10 pts, 6 rebs. Banger, Region 1 AAA Tournament MVP

#42 Marshall Hardy - (6'-5") Forward. 10 pts, 6 rebs, Banger, Tough as a box of rocks. Team leader

#20 Todd Halvorson - (6'-3") G - 6-12 pts, from the District and Region he has been on fire & quick

#30 Duston McConnell - (6'-2") G - will score 3 or 20 pts, don't leave him open.

All 8 will play and rotate in and out all game long. You should be in shape for this game.

DB plays straight up Man to Man D. And will take it full court on you in a heart beat. If they see a weakness in ball handling, they will make a team pay, ask Bearden. They didn't want any more of that pressure.

I would appriciate a reply from the Red-Bank faithful.

DB is loading up and headed to State. We are not satisfied.

Roll Tribe Roll

Some of DB's close games this year came against teams that played zone and packed it in around the big guys forcing DB to shoot from outside. Fortunately for DB Todd and Dustin got in the rotation to make the 3's. Both players are better outside shooters than the 2 starting guards. DB's Achilles' heel- Williams' emotions and turnovers. CMO will have to keep him Morganized at MTSU.

D-B's actual statistical averages are not to the level previously stated...do appreciate the excitement and enthusiasm though...Sylvester is the only player averaging in double figures...add Reed King and Tremell McGue to the ten man rotation, with Adam Lytle getting some solid situational time...

Roll Tribe Roll

A lot of the info given here would be available only to the most resourceful of coaches. I think it's interesting that a DB fan/follower would provide the vital statistics of their team prior to such an important game. Not trying to criticize just curious....

Quality teams...... Farragut, a 19 point loss (first game of the season with 3 football players just joining the team, 2 of them starters), plus DB didn't play very well obviously. Columbia Ga., a 24 point loss (they were the 5th. ranked team in Ga., the same team that beat Antioch by 23) probably better than anyone in Tn. this year. Salem Va., a 14 point loss (the third ranked team in Va.) probably the worst game DB played all year. Bearden, a five point win in the Sub State (Bearden was the 4th. ranked team in AAA. Beat Sullivan East twice in regular season Science Hill 4 times (a feat in itself) and a good Greenville team in the Region. As far as it being weak in this area......It is to a certin extent. But we still have good teams in Science Hill, East, DB. Also we always play in the Arbys Classic in Bristol, one of the top Tournments in the country. The reason Football is weak is because Sevier Co, and Jefferson Co. have been down for a few years. As soon as they return to their old selves the conference will be strong again.

I guess i was looking for more in state schools i dont know anything about this other state schools and i am not real big on rankings so. i would agree that bearden is def. a solid win however it was at home. I don't feel that we were 30 points better than White Co. but we won by that cause the place was rockin and rollin. we will see how it turns out im not putting down DB down in anyway. the are in the state tourney that means the are a very good team. I have no idea the size might be a factor but again we have played big teams before and our athletisism overrides that but iwith this stiff competion i dont know. sounds to me that it will be a good one and i cant wait! good luck to all teams there including DB! but Go LIONS!

A lot of the info given here would be available only to the most resourceful of coaches. I think it's interesting that a DB fan/follower would provide the vital statistics of their team prior to such an important game. Not trying to criticize just curious....

Nothing here on DB that you cant find or read on TRICITIESSPORTS.COM. Your team cant be playing this weekend without a resourceful coach. Every coach knew more last Tuesday morning about the team they are playing first round than anything we will ever put on here.