1st Annual Middle Tenn. Spring Play Days

Alabama

We celebrated my unlce's 90th birthday this past weekend.

He commented that "time really flies by when you get old".

My son ( a teenager) asked him what he meant.

"Well this year I lived 1/90th of my life and you only lived 1/17th".

Pretty sharp answer for 90! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Pleasant??™s Dailey finds new football home

By JUSTIN LAMB/Prep Editor

Mt. Pleasant??™s Marco Dailey signs to play football at Independence (Kan.) Community College. Joining Dailey from left are: his father David Dailey, his mother Evette Dailey and his grandmother Laura Scribner as well as coach Walt Smith. Staff photo by Justin Lamb

All Marco Dailey wanted was a chance.

Mt. Pleasant??™s two-time Class 1A Mr. Football was hoping to find a place to continue his career collegiately after academic obstacles prevented him from accepting any offers from Division I programs.

After months of uncertainty surrounding his future, Dailey has landed on solid ground after signing with Independence (Kan.) Community College, which is nestled midway between Tulsa, Okla., and Kansas City, Mo.

???As long as I??™m around football, it doesn??™t matter where I??™m at,??? Dailey said. ???If you??™re playing college football, it means you??™re trying to be successful.???

Dailey knows a little something about success after breaking numerous TSSAA and school records during his four years at Mt. Pleasant. Dailey holds the state record for most rushing touchdowns (115), most rushing yards by a quarterback (2,812 in 2006) and most combined touchdowns rushing and passing (130), while sharing the record for most consecutive 100-yard rushing games (27). He is also second in eight other categories.

???In my opinion, he??™s going to go down as one of the best players in the history of the state,??? said Mt. Pleasant coach Walt Smith. ???His records kind of speak for themselves.???

Dailey rushed for 8,004 yards and 115 TDs during his career, while the Tigers posted a 45-9 record highlighted by back-to-back trips to the state semifinals.

???When he was out there, everybody??™s game was stepped up,??? Smith said. ???He just elevated everybody??™s play.???

While Dailey is proud of his high school records, he is anxious to prove his worth again on the junior college level.

???It??™s really good that I did all that, but it doesn??™t matter now because high school??™s over,??? Dailey said. ???I??™m going to college now, so it starts all over.???

Dailey will get the opportunity to prove himself immediately for the Pirates as he is projected to be the team??™s starting running back this fall.

???We??™re in need of a back,??? said Independence coach David Ward. ???We feel really fortunate to be able to get Marco.???

The chance to get to play right away was one of the deciding factors for Dailey in his decision to play for the Pirates.

???It??™s real nice to know that you??™re going to get to start in college,??? Dailey said. ???(Coach Ward) told me that I was going to be running the ball a lot.???

Dailey is also looking forward to be returning to running back after playing quarter back the past two seasons for Mt. Pleasant.

???It??™s going to be real exciting,??? Dailey said. ???I like running back.???

Dailey will probably also like playing in a league that has been a hotbed for running backs as NFL stars Corey Dillon, Brandon Jacobs and Rudi Johnson all played in the Kansas Jayhawk East Conference.

Ward??™s initial interest in Dailey came after he received phone calls from assistant coaches at Ole Miss. The Rebels were one of the Division I schools that were recruiting Dailey.

???They told me he would be a steal for us,??? Ward said. ???We got on the phone and outmaneuvered a couple of other JUCOs and we were fortunate enough to get him.???

Ward thinks that Dailey will provide a big boost for his Pirate offense.

???We think he can be a guy that can be a great player,??? Ward said. ???If he comes in and has close to the kind of success he had in high school, he??™ll have every Division I school in the country recruiting him.???

It??™s that dream of someday playing Division I football that will drive Dailey at Independence.

As for Mt. Pleasant, Smith is unsure what to expect from his first Mt. Pleasant team in four years to not have the benefit of handing the ball to Dailey.

???I don??™t even want to think about trying to replace him,??? Smith said. ???It will definitely be different not having him out there.???

Schedule: Friday May - 16th

3:30 - 4:45 - Perry Co. vs Riverside Christian

4:55 - 6:10 - MTCS vs Riverside Christian

6:20 - 7:30 - MTCS vs Scott's Hill

7:45 - 9:00 - Mt. Pleasant vs Cannon Co.

Friday will begin @ 4:55.... First game has been canceled

Saturday - May 17th

9:30 - 10:45 - Moore Co. vs Whitehouse Hert.

10:55 - 12:10 - Collinwood vs Whitehouse Hert.

12:20 - 1:35 - Collinwood vs Eagleville

1:45 - 3:00 - Cornersville vs Eagleville

3:10 - 4:25 - Cornersville vs Huntland

4:35 - 5:50 - Wayne Co. vs Huntland

6:00 - 7:15 - Wayne Co. vs Richland

7:25 - 8:40 - Mt. Pleasant vs Richland

Phillip Shadowens named this morning, Reigon 5 getting some high profile, very sucessful coaches. Carlton Flatt is QB coach at eagleville named earlier this spring, Flatt winninest coach in the state at Brentwood aca

I think we all knew that was coming. Be interesting to see how many Riverdale and Oakland players transfer in there now...

UPDATES SCHEDULE

Schedule: Friday May - 16th

4:55 - 6:10 - MTCS vs Perry Co

6:20 - 7:30 - MTCS vs Scott's Hill

7:45 - 9:00 - Mt. Pleasant vs Cannon Co.

Saturday - May 17th

9:30 - 10:45 - Moore Co. vs Whitehouse Heritage

10:55 - 12:10 - Collinwood vs Whitehouse Heritage

12:20 - 1:35 - Collinwood vs Eagleville

1:45 - 3:00 - Cornersville vs Eagleville

3:10 - 4:25 - Cornersville vs Huntland

4:35 - 5:50 - Wayne Co. vs Huntland

6:00 - 7:15 - Wayne Co. vs Richland

7:25 - 8:40 - Mt. Pleasant vs Richland