1st Annual Middle Tenn. Spring Play Days

Alabama

Winners are in CAPS, I do not have my stat sheet with me right now. If I have something incorrect I will update it tomorrow.

Schedule: Friday May - 16th

4:55 - 6:10 - MTCS vs Perry Co

6:20 - 7:30 - MTCS vs Scott's Hill

7:45 - 9:00 - MT PLEASANT vs Cannon Co.

Saturday - May 17th

9:30 - 10:45 - Moore Co. vs WHITEHOUSE HERITAGE

10:55 - 12:10 - Collinwood vs WHITEHOUSE HERITAGE

12:20 - 1:35 - Collinwood vs EAGLEVILLE

1:45 - 3:00 - Cornersville vs EAGLEVILLE

3:10 - 4:25 - Cornersville vs HUNTLAND

4:35 - 5:50 - WAYNE CO vs Huntland

6:00 - 7:15 - WAYNE CO vs Richland

7:25 - 8:40 - MT PLEASANTvs Richland

If I'm not mistaken Collinwod won over White House-Heritage.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Eagleville look during the scrimmage?

IMO, I thought in their first hour, Eagleville looked as good as anyone there yesterday. Their intensity faded in their second hour and they didn't look like the same team. Eagleville has the potential to be very competitive in Region 5 this year.

How did MP look in the scrimmage? Did the big kid I believe is going to be a freshman this fall.. I think his name is TJ Smith... how did he look.... who played well for MP... who is filling in for Marco....

"Freshman to be" aren't allowed to practice in the spring. We will see T. J in the fall. No one person can fill in for Marco but we do have a couple of guys looking pretty good at QB. The team as a whole looked pretty good. There is some work to do but after watching practice I was impressed at how well they did against Cannon Co and Richland. There is a lot of potential there if they work hard all summer they have a chance to do some good things this fall.

IMO, I thought in their first hour, Eagleville looked as good as anyone there yesterday. Their intensity faded in their second hour and they didn't look like the same team. Eagleville has the potential to be very competitive in Region 5 this year.

I agree with 44. Eagleville did look good in their first hour.

Collinwood and WHH seemed to be very evenly matched but I think WHH out scored them, although I wasn't able to watch the whole scrimmage.

What do you all think about the day as a whole? Good day or not?

How did MP look in the scrimmage? Did the big kid I believe is going to be a freshman this fall.. I think his name is TJ Smith... how did he look.... who played well for MP... who is filling in for Marco....

mTp started a bit slow Friday night but came back strong and defeated Cannon County. Saturday night they had there way with Richland.

1st & 2nd string qb ran the offense real good. One offensive lineman controlled just about everyone he blocked. Defensive stunk it up and played well as a whole. 265 pound fullback was a terror both nights. Over all a great effort by everyone.

TJ is not allowed to play during the spring or at playday. He will have to show is stuff first of next season.

Hard to fill in for Marco, but one back will be real close when it comes game time.

I agree 88, two great CoachT'rs right there.

Mp88gal, wholder, youngtiger, right back at yall with the kind words. Mascot and I had a great time. It was a perfect day for football and there was so good football played. Mp88gal it was a pleasure metting you and it was great to see youngtiger and wholder again. Got to spend some some time with Ricky Rice and some of the parents and players from Wayne County. Everyone I talked with were nice people. Mascot and I always enjoy talking with folks from the other schools. Looks like Mt. Pleasant, Wayne County and Collinwood are gonna have good teams this year. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope I see some of you folks that I talked to again this season.

mTp started a bit slow Friday night but came back strong and defeated Cannon County. Saturday night they had there way with Richland.

1st & 2nd string qb ran the offense real good. One offensive lineman controlled just about everyone he blocked. Defensive stunk it up and played well as a whole. 265 pound fullback was a terror both nights. Over all a great effort by everyone.

TJ is not allowed to play during the spring or at playday. He will have to show is stuff first of next season.

Hard to fill in for Marco, but one back will be real close when it comes game time.

I did not know the TSSAA rules prohibit rising 8th graders to practice or play in spring practice even if your middle school is across the street.... I thought they were eligible to play or practice with high school since they are moving on to the 9th grade... I guess what you are saying is that you (8th graders) cannot participate in spring practice with varsity till the fall (school start).... is that right?

Enjoyed the time I got to spend there. Although most of it was on the sidelines taking pictures. I didn't get to talk to any of you as I left as soon as Collinwood finished as I had somewhere else to be. Wish I'd had time to meet some of you and talk. I have some pictures of the teams with Collinwood and a link is posted in another post here. I can say though that I am really bad sunburned today. LOL